Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Energy Supplier  (Read 2306 times)

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
My Energy Supplier
« on: 17 November 2016, 17:53:16 »

For the last two quarterly bills they have been telling me I can save money if I switch tariffs

The tariff I'm on and the tariff they want me to change to are both fixed price tariffs

The tariff I'm on ends March 2017. The tariff they want me to change to ends Dec 2017.

They tell me I can save £32 on my leccy and £36 on my gaz if I change.....

Looking at the prices between the tariffs I fail to see how....perhaps someone can tell me  :-\

Tariff I'm on prices

Leccy is 8.882p/KW . SC is 16.96p/day
Gaz is 2.73p/KW . SC is 16.96p/day

Tariff they want me to change to

Leccy is 9.96p/KW . SC is 20.55p/day
Gaz is 3.08p/KW . SC is 20.55p/day

So seeing how the price per unit and the SC is higher on both leccy on gaz I fail to see how I'm suppose to save the combined total of £68 in a year!  :-\

Unless any has any ideas how they worked that out I'm mystified!  ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: My Energy Supplier
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2016, 18:00:17 »

They have assumed that when your current tariff finished you will go onto their "standard variable" tariff which is probably a complete ripoff.

The fact is, of course, that you'll go elsewhere and probably save even more.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2016, 18:12:10 »

They have assumed that when your current tariff finished you will go onto their "standard variable" tariff which is probably a complete ripoff.

That's right, Kevin. From March-December 2017, they will have put you on the full price tariff, Dave. Uswitch use this method too. They assume that you are too thick to change suppliers when your deal runs out.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2016, 18:19:09 »

They assume that you are too thick to change suppliers when your deal runs out.

or just can't be arsed .... or better the devil you know. I switched to some 'cheaper' deal years ago & they made such an arse of it that it made me very reluctant to ever change providers again.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2016, 18:22:34 »

Ah...that'll explain it Kevin....thankyou  :y

But I have until March next year to switch tariffs.....so I guess I'm better off staying on the tariff I'm on and switching then  :-\

Plus its a bit more complicated...This took 6 months to set up...My Mum is also with my energy supplier....I can see all her energy usage and change any details on her account, from my online account....so reluctant to change energy supplier.....

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 November 2016, 19:36:28 »

And don't forget if you decide to swap, to do it through a cashback site. First Utility for example are offering £110 on Topcashback at the moment. :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 November 2016, 20:51:02 »

I switched from British Gas to Eon a couple of months ago and when I got my final Electricity bill from BG it was about £60 in credit!  :y  I was surprised at this, but then saw they'd used an estimated reading which was way short of reality.  ::) 

So I phoned Eon who said that they hadn't set up my electricity account yet, but not to worry it would be done soon.  ::)  I phoned BG to tell them that their estimate was inaccurate and that Eon would be sending the meter reading soon, and not to send a cheque as I probably owed them money.   :)

Today I got a cheque from BG for £59.78!  ::)  Retards!  ;D

So should I :-

a) Return the cheque with a polite letter explaning the situation.
b) Keep the cheque and see what happens.
c) Bank the cheque and let British Gas fight me for their money back.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 November 2016, 07:52:12 »

I switched from British Gas to Eon a couple of months ago and when I got my final Electricity bill from BG it was about £60 in credit!  :y  I was surprised at this, but then saw they'd used an estimated reading which was way short of reality.  ::) 

So I phoned Eon who said that they hadn't set up my electricity account yet, but not to worry it would be done soon.  ::)  I phoned BG to tell them that their estimate was inaccurate and that Eon would be sending the meter reading soon, and not to send a cheque as I probably owed them money.   :)

Today I got a cheque from BG for £59.78!  ::)  Retards!  ;D

So should I :-

a) Return the cheque with a polite letter explaning the situation.
b) Keep the cheque and see what happens.
c) Bank the cheque and let British Gas fight me for their money back.

C, as you'll need it to help pay for the plumber/new boiler/new central heating   ::)

I wonder if you could argue it was BG gas that broke your heating and they should pay to fix it  ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2016, 10:21:51 »

I wonder if you could argue it was BG gas that broke your heating and they should pay to fix it  ::)

At British Gas prices?  :o What do you think they are, made of money?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 November 2016, 11:11:21 »

I think TD has a point as British Gas were clearly selling me sub standard gas!  >:(                                                                             ;)  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 November 2016, 12:05:24 »

I think TD has a point as British Gas were clearly selling me sub standard gas!  >:(                                                                             ;)  ;D

.. and shoving it down the wrong pipe so it ended up in your radiators. Shocking behaviour. ::)

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 November 2016, 17:56:31 »

.. and shoving it down the wrong pipe so it ended up in your radiators. Shocking behaviour. ::)

That would explain why Sir Tig has burbing noises in his central heating...  ::) ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 November 2016, 17:58:56 »

Thinking about it, my boiler started hicupping after I switched, so maybe it dosn't like Eon's gas?  :-\                                                      ;D

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 November 2016, 18:25:36 »

Thinking about it, my boiler started hicupping after I switched, so maybe it dosn't like Eon's gas?  :-\                                                      ;D

Sue them as well then  :y ;D

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 November 2016, 20:38:33 »

That's right, Kevin. From March-December 2017, they will have put you on the full price tariff, Dave. Uswitch use this method too. They assume that you are too thick to change suppliers when your deal runs out.

Spend a bit of time on comparison websites, make a list of the best half a dozen deals then contact the suppliers directly. Inform them that they have made your prefered short list and you will be contacting all just once  for there best quote, inform each supplier that they will only get "one bite at the cherry" to give you the best deal. From experience some of the companies expect you to haggle but it saves a lot of time to tell them to just "cut to the chase" with the price. Good luck  :y
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.