Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Theresa or Jeremy?  (Read 48150 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Theresa or Jeremy?
« Reply #270 on: 18 May 2017, 18:38:34 »

They might be old people who missed because they died  ;D

That's very likely round here!  :D 

No excuse though! They should cancel their Dr's appointment before shuffling off and if they can't be arsed then the surgery should make a claim against the estate.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #271 on: 18 May 2017, 18:40:33 »

Yes, I'd go for it too. As long as I was exempt.  :y

So...when was the last time your surgery wrote to you asking you to come in..... :-\
Last week. Phone call actually.

STEMO

« Reply #272 on: 18 May 2017, 18:43:14 »

It doesn't matter anyway. Doctors surgeries are clogged up with the unemployed and elderly and they'd get it for free. Along with expectant mothers and mothers with babies, anyone under 18 and people with existing medical conditions.
Doesn't leave many to pay, does it?

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 18 May 2017, 18:45:11 »

It doesn't matter anyway. Doctors surgeries are clogged up with the unemployed and elderly and immigrants and they'd get it for free. Along with expectant mothers and mothers with babies, anyone under 18 and people with existing medical conditions.
Fixed
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

STEMO

« Reply #274 on: 18 May 2017, 18:50:39 »

It doesn't matter anyway. Doctors surgeries are clogged up with the unemployed and elderly and immigrants and they'd get it for free. Along with expectant mothers and mothers with babies, anyone under 18 and people with existing medical conditions.
Fixed
Immigrants come under the unemployed and expectant mothers.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 18 May 2017, 18:52:35 »

It's a case of old people clogging up the system.

A TB type cull of everybody over 65 would solve the problem. Billions saved on running the NHS and further billions saved because the pension bill  (which is by far the biggest drain on the public purse) would become zero.

STMO.......are you 65 yet? :)
Getting close, I was 64 on Tuesday  :(
You wouldn't begrudge me my state pension, knowing how hard I've worked all my life, surely Opti?
[/highlight]

I have a heart really I do.

I would make sure you were dispatched quickly and humanely, to make way for the young and productive. :)

STEMO

« Reply #276 on: 18 May 2017, 18:59:32 »

It's a case of old people clogging up the system.

A TB type cull of everybody over 65 would solve the problem. Billions saved on running the NHS and further billions saved because the pension bill  (which is by far the biggest drain on the public purse) would become zero.

STMO.......are you 65 yet? :)
Getting close, I was 64 on Tuesday  :(
You wouldn't begrudge me my state pension, knowing how hard I've worked all my life, surely Opti?
[/highlight]

I have a heart really I do.

I would make sure you were dispatched quickly and humanely, to make way for the young and productive. :)
Thank you  :-*

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 18 May 2017, 20:18:13 »

The Illiberal undemocrats want to legalise wacky baccy and are demanding mental health problems are given higher priority and funding at the same time. Are these retards really so dim that they are unaware of the connection between the explosion in the use of wacky baccy, and mental health hospitals being completely unable to cope with demand ?  ::)

They are probably hoping that, by their second week in office, we'd all be so caned that we wouldn't remember the rest of their manifesto.  :-X

id go for that as well, as long as I was exempt.....I get called in the surgery loads of time....for diabetic check ups....and get prescriptions changed all the time...just changed again on Tuesday....but I get them free....being diabetic....and I always turn up for appointments  :)

Fair enough, once (s)he's treating an ongoing condition.  :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 18 May 2017, 20:59:01 »

I wouldn't mind betting that £20 to see the quack would make all the hypochondriacs think twice, along with those who can't be arsed to turn up for their appointments. I'd be all for it. :y

Excellent idea, when somebody is too ill to work, struggling to pay their bills, hit them where it hurts with treatment fees, so they can't afford the treatment they need, don't get better, don't go back to work and don't become a productive member of society again. If you want to see where this works so well, check out the US system where millions have no access to their health system and 1 in 3 working age males are unemployed and no longer looking for work. Over 60% of this is due to their unresolved health issues. :(

The NHS is a poor system compared to France and other continental countries, but the European system works much better than in the US and Singapore with their pay-as-you-go system, where it is free at the point of access when you need it. This is the concept of insurance, where we all pay in and have access to it when we need it and is also one of the several reasons average European quality of life is much better than the US. No cover for pre-existing medical conditions is a major issue in the US where you can't get cover for existing conditions if you change job and insurer and likewise whatever the premium you can't switch to a cheaper insurer and keep the current cover for your pre-existing conditions. :o

People that abuse the NHS system with missed appointments, fine them with payment made before they can make another appointment. Likewise, have other fixed fees like where hospitals are used as a Friday / Saturday night drunk recovery facilities.

The problem society has is our pay-as-you-earn pension and health systems mean that where this is the most expensive time-of-life in terms of Government costs you are no longer working (the second most expensive is childhood), and as more and more old people are surviving and with a smaller and smaller workforce to support them. :-\

The answer to resolving this is actually technology where many new treatments are becoming available which will extend our lives and healthy life period significantly, but we are all going to have to work until we are much older. In the next 20 years, I expect the retirement age rise rapidly to be 80+ :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

aaronjb

« Reply #279 on: 18 May 2017, 21:10:02 »

Think 'Logans Run' but at 65 instead of thirty. :)

Ah, a young Jennifer Agutter.. dribble.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 18 May 2017, 23:19:42 »

I think if you did a straw poll of people on this forum not many would say they could or would like to work till 80.  I dont see that happening .
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 18 May 2017, 23:51:39 »

I will work until I'm no longer able to. I don't blame anyone but myself. I hated school, didn't turn up much of the time, left without a single qualification. I don't expect future taxpayers to keep me in a life of comfort now, because I was stupid(er) when I was young.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 19 May 2017, 10:29:15 »

Think 'Logans Run' but at 65 instead of thirty. :)

Ah, a young Jennifer Agutter.. dribble.
[/
quote]

........and breathe, Aaron. ;)

She wouldn't even give you a semi these days. ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #283 on: 19 May 2017, 11:14:20 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 19 May 2017, 12:33:15 »

;D Probably right.. this was three years ago: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_Agutter#/media/File:Jenny_Agutter_(2).jpg
You would and you know it :D

She does bear a passing resemblance to Helen Mirren. And you would definitely go there ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.