Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Manchester explosion  (Read 8547 times)

baggers

• Intermediate Member
  • Heywood, Mcr
    • Omega 3.0 & 2.2
    • View Profile
    • Property for sale/rent Online
Re: Manchester explosion
« Reply #15 on: 23 May 2017, 14:30:51 »

ISIS have claimed responsibility.

Whilst the boreres are open it's easy for them to get in.  How do think they come in, parachute?

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 May 2017, 14:49:47 »

Should the BBC and ITV be charged with "Aiding & Abetting" terrorism ??

The amount of free publicity they have handed out this morning is ridiculous... If we withdrew the "oxygen of publicity" then, just perhaps, the copy cats and self important idiots might not think about the next atrocity.

I'm not saying "don't report it" as it needs to be out there .. but stopping all other programmes to keep reiterating the same stuff for 6 hours is, quite frankly, pointless.

Yes I agree ^^^^
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 May 2017, 15:00:34 »

Whilst the boreres are open it's easy for them to get in.  How do think they come in, parachute?
Actually via the internet. Good luck with that :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 May 2017, 15:01:53 »

And this is once again why we need the borders shut right now !! and any in the country kick them out along with all their family attachments to minimise the risks.
Far to much of this political correction crap about and far to many "do gooders" about that need to wake up.

I have no words to describe how wrong, dangerous and down right f***ing stupid this view is.

Yup. When it comes to terrorists, like the US, we grow our own.

The actual evidence (rather than your mate down the pub who knows these things, hates foreigners and went on holiday once but didn't like it) points to a lack of social cohesion and prospects for young people leaving the door open to radicalisation.

So congratulations, by castigating an entire race of people based on the actions of a minescule minority, you're helping the terrorist organisations achieve their aims.

Take a bow  :y

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 May 2017, 15:06:04 »

Why would they need to 'get in' or use parachutes if they were born here?

Three of the London bombers were born here in the UK, and the 4th was born in Jamaica. All were British Citizens.

aaronjb

« Reply #20 on: 23 May 2017, 15:10:18 »

Actually via the internet. Good luck with that :-X
They should close that down. There's nothing good on it, anyway.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 May 2017, 15:11:10 »

And this is once again why we need the borders shut right now !! and any in the country kick them out along with all their family attachments to minimise the risks.
Far to much of this political correction crap about and far to many "do gooders" about that need to wake up.

I have no words to describe how wrong, dangerous and down right f***ing stupid this view is.

The actual evidence (rather than your mate down the pub who knows these things, hates foreigners and went on holiday once but didn't like it) points to a lack of social cohesion and prospects for young people leaving the door open to radicalisation.

So congratulations, by castigating an entire race of people based on the actions of a minescule minority, you're helping the terrorist organisations achieve their aims.

Exactly, 'shutting the borders' is going to achieve sod all.

Just take one of the 7/7 bombers, he lived in Beeston, Leeds He lived with his wife and young child and he worked as a learning mentor at a primary school.

ISIS claim for anything and everything, even when they are not involved. It's free marketing for them and their insane cause.

'They' as you describe it, have been British citizens, with Passports, radicalised by the internet, individuals and groups.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 May 2017, 17:29:21 »

Exactly, 'shutting the borders' is going to achieve sod all.

Just take one of the 7/7 bombers, he lived in Beeston, Leeds He lived with his wife and young child and he worked as a learning mentor at a primary school.

ISIS claim for anything and everything, even when they are not involved. It's free marketing for them and their insane cause.

'They' as you describe it, have been British citizens, with Passports, radicalised by the internet, individuals and groups.

A terrible, terrible, event :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

To target children is beyond the words I want to express on here.

Tunnie, you sum up nicely what the situation is, and any hatred towards one group or another is just what these "loosers" (to use Trumps great word for them today) want; for us all to turn on each other. But, for 99% of us we will not let that happen in our great country, nor will the other countries within the democratic world.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 May 2017, 17:43:57 »

Suspect named .. and a native Mancunian  ...

"Greater Manchester Police's suspect for yesterday's attack, Salman Abedi, was born in Manchester and was 22 years old.

He has at least three siblings: an elder brother who was born in London, and a younger brother and sister who were born in Manchester.

The family is believed to be of Libyan origin.

They have lived at more than one address in Manchester, including the property at Elsmore Road in the Fallowfield area that was raided by police today.

Neighbours described how the family would fly Libyan flags at some times of year."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40020168

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 May 2017, 17:51:02 »

ISIS is now a type of online franchise. Their propaganda is used to radicalise people who then carry out atrocities in their name.
So unfortunately they are justified in claiming it as one of theirs.
What the answer is, is anyones guess. Its always very difficult to beat an "army" which doesn't wear a uniform and lives among the population. If that then moves one step further to individuals who aren't part of a group or cell, then intelligence isn't really going to help, unless the browsing history of every possible future suspect is intercepted and studied by the spooks.
Without getting into the rights & wrongs of it, its simply not possible to kick every Muslim out of the country and also prevent any more from coming in.
On a slightly different note - it made me sick to my stomach to hear the hypocrisy of Corbyn today, when he issued his condemnation of the attack.
As for the non stop media coverage. Unfortunately theres no stopping it. We live in a 24 hour news cycle world and the only way to avoid it is to change channels. Its only going to get worse I'm afraid.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 May 2017, 18:10:11 »

Doesn't take long for the bigoted, narrow minded folk to jump to conclusions before the facts are released and, as usual, get it wrong :-X ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 May 2017, 18:29:38 »

Well said Tunnie.

Spanish people might remark that we fly the union jack at certain times of the year. Dorsnt make me a terrorist.

One thing is for certain. It is a pretty powerful ideology that leads a young person with a decent life in front of them to kill themselves.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 May 2017, 19:04:24 »

What I keep asking myself is where are the Islamic faith leaders? Seen everything in the news from UK reaction, the world, twitter, political leaders, cabbies, sporting personalities and so on.

But no leaders of the Islamic faith in the UK, why are they not out there condemning this as corrupt version of their faith?

Is it news outlets not giving them airtime on say BBC or Sky?  :-\

I personally can't see them turning down a high ranking faith representative, from speaking on camera.  :-\

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 May 2017, 19:11:12 »

What I keep asking myself is where are the Islamic faith leaders? Seen everything in the news from UK reaction, the world, twitter, political leaders, cabbies, sporting personalities and so on.

But no leaders of the Islamic faith in the UK, why are they not out there condemning this as corrupt version of their faith?

Is it news outlets not giving them airtime on say BBC or Sky?  :-\

I personally can't see them turning down a high ranking faith representative, from speaking on camera.  :-\

It can be found but the media don't like it as it doesn't stir up hate!

People forget that there will likely have been Muslim security guards, police, medial staff, doctors, taxi drivers etc. They all dealt with the aftermath alongside people of all faith and ethnicity.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 May 2017, 19:13:13 »

I agree tunnie the faith leaders-and the law abiding muslims[the vast majority]should I think speak up a lot more.Someone a lot more famous once said "you cannot visit the sins of the father upon the son"so I think some way[don't ask me how as I'm not that clever]to engage with the "ordinary"muslims of this country to try and find out why they feel so did-affected to even consider the radicalisation idea.By understanding this then maybe just maybe we can find a peaceful way forward?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.