Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Puk code  (Read 4250 times)

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Puk code
« Reply #15 on: 24 February 2021, 04:09:37 »

If the SIM was blocked because it's lost, stolen or not used for a long time it would surely error with 'unregistered' or 'unregistered sim' or similar message.

Since it's asking for a PUK code then it means somebody has entered the SIM PIN incorrectly multiple times. That locks the installed SIM, maybe (hopefully not) also the telephone in the CCRT700 system, until the PUK code is correctly entered. Probably immediately followed by the correct SIM PIN.

Since the locked SIM is Vodafone the required PUK code would need to come from them.

AIUI the CCRT700 is 2G, single band on 900MHz. That means it will only support Vodafone and O2 and possibly the MVNO's that overlay them.  So try another active Vodafone SIM and see does the PUK request clear. Or try an O2 SIM.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 February 2021, 17:24:40 »

An EE 99p sim should do the job ;)

I used a (then) T Mobile one in my CCRT2008 and just used to foward my mobile to it when I was driving.
Wont work, needs to be 900MHz GSM, which in the UK means O2 or Vodafone, or one of the MVNOs like Tesco, NiffNaff, Asda and so on.

EE MVNOs like T-Mobile, Orange, Virgin (though they are migrating off) and BT Mobile won't work in that unit, as they do not have any 900MHz GSM.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 February 2021, 21:17:32 »

I used a (then) T Mobile one in my CCRT2008 and just used to foward my mobile to it when I was driving.
Wont work, needs to be 900MHz GSM, which in the UK means O2 or Vodafone, or one of the MVNOs like Tesco, NiffNaff, Asda and so on.

EE MVNOs like T-Mobile, Orange, Virgin (though they are migrating off) and BT Mobile won't work in that unit, as they do not have any 900MHz GSM.
Every day is a school day :y

I guess that when the 700 unit was designed, BT Cellnet and Vodachrome where the only two networks available :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 February 2021, 13:25:45 »

Every day is a school day :y

I guess that when the 700 unit was designed, BT Cellnet and Vodachrome where the only two networks available :-\
Cellnet and Voda.  It didn't become BT Cellnet until BT bought the rest of the company from Securicor in the late 90s.

Orange launched in the UK with a 1800Mhz GSM service in the mid 90s, so possibly was around during most of the development of the CCRT, but likely that a standard 900 GSM chipset was selected early on in development.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 February 2021, 12:32:39 »

CCRT700 are, as said, GSM 900mhz only. The CCRT2008 were Dual Band GSM 900 and PCN 1800mhz ( later to be known as International 2G GSM 1800), so the Orange and T Mobile Sims would also work on the CCRT2008.

Probably also worth mentioning that a lot of the Bandwidth on these Bands have been Re Farmed for 3 and 4G use now, so GSM Coverage now is at its bare minimum requirement and obligations under International Roaming Agreements.

It's also planned to allow the GSM Service to be concluded and switched off by 2025, so potentially limited Life left with these HU's now, although the UK does use this Service for a lot of Meter Readings, Remote Status Messaging for Utilities and Transport, so what the UK may do is still being debated although you don't need Digital Voice Bandwidth just to send a String or a few Packets of Telephone Numbers.

I believe the OP issue is probably using a PAYG SIM that has fallen off the System due to the 6 Month rule of not making s Chargable Call or Text within that period.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 February 2021, 13:50:45 »

I believe the OP issue is probably using a PAYG SIM that has fallen off the System due to the 6 Month rule of not making s Chargable Call or Text within that period.

So those that have a tracker using a PAYG SIM need to trigger the alarm every now & then.  :-\

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 February 2021, 13:56:08 »

So those that have a tracker using a PAYG SIM need to trigger the alarm every now & then.  :-\
That's my understanding ,call or text before 6 months is up ,I also top up the minimum every 6 months too

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 March 2021, 18:20:04 »

yep. ;)

woolley11

• Intermediate Member
  • York
    • 3.0 MV6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 March 2021, 11:05:56 »

Got a new SIM card the other day from Vodaphone.

Once installed and top-up done all works fine 👍
Omega 3.0 MV6 pfl
BMW Alpina B10 3.3 Touring
VW Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign, Triumph Dolomite Sprint
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.