Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommended Sellers and Services  (Read 1298 times)

Lizzie_Zoom

Recommended Sellers and Services
« on: 06 July 2009, 12:59:39 »

We have the above new section on this forum, and I am wondering when the admins will be approving entries to this zone.

In another thread I have recommended Autoglass, and in addition I would love the key fob services of Martin Imber to be advertised.  In both cases I believe, with personal experience and noting the opinions of other members, that these suppliers serve Omega owners well.

No doubt other members have other suppliers to recommend under the same criteria??

;) ;)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: Recommended Sellers and Services
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2009, 13:01:13 »

Me and Loo Knee have asked to be included but I don't think there has been a decission made yet.
Retired

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2009, 13:03:15 »

Me and Loo Knee have asked to be included but I don't think there has been a decission made yet.

Indeed Pete, your services are an excellent example of a worthy entry, me thinks! 8-) 8-) 8-) :y

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2009, 13:04:33 »

Indeed Pete, your services are an excellent example of a worthy entry, me thinks! 8-) 8-) 8-) :y
Blimey Lizzie, you will have everyone talking  :-*;D ;D
Retired

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2009, 13:07:09 »

Too late!!  [smiley=evil.gif] ;D
« Last Edit: 06 July 2009, 13:07:37 by bob.dent »
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #5 on: 06 July 2009, 13:07:09 »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Sometimes I do not realise the double meaning of my written composition!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 July 2009, 13:09:47 »

Aye, JPAT and OPIE should go in too imho

along with Wheels In Motion

think autoglass are too large to put in myself  :-/

Debs.

« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2009, 13:16:42 »

Surely, OOF members whom offer Tech II analysis should also be in this section.....I know their services are mentioned elsewhere on the forum; but it would be much easier to find in the "Recommended Sellers & Services" section (especially-so for newbies).

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 July 2009, 13:21:09 »

Surely, OOF members whom offer Tech II analysis should also be in this section.....I know their services are mentioned elsewhere on the forum; but it would be much easier to find in the "Recommended Sellers & Services" section (especially-so for newbies).

I dunno, they would have to prove their worth and get a few recomendations 1st  ;D ;D ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #9 on: 06 July 2009, 13:30:37 »

There is some very interesting points by Jimbob and Debs coming out here.

Do you think that before a 'supplier' (national or local, or not?) is listed they must have a minimum level of members approval?  Say, perhaps 10 or 15 members must recommend before a supplier is approved? :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 July 2009, 13:41:18 »

if anybody needs there windows tinting in the hull / e yokshire area then i know a man  :y

top bloke and a good customer of mine over the past few years  :y

he did the windows on my old miggy estate.  told him i was going away on holiday the next day and needed it done quick !

i dropped it of at his work unit at 4pm and he gave me a lift home  :y    he worked on it all evening and picked me up at 11:30 pm so i could collect it  :y :y

cracking job and very reasonable too  :y :y :y

crazyjoetavola

« Reply #11 on: 06 July 2009, 14:14:40 »

Do you think that before a 'supplier' (national or local, or not?) is listed they must have a minimum level of members approval?  Say, perhaps 10 or 15 members must recommend before a supplier is approved? :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

........you're developing an important point here Ms Zoom.

One person’s satisfaction with either goods or services is another's dissatisfaction.

There is always the likelihood that unless a sensibly worded disclaimer to protect the forum administrators and members who recommend such services, there would be a possible legal liability on same should there be a problem arising from such recommendations.

The majority using this forum would, I hope, take any such recommendation in the spirit, in which it was given, but human nature can't be dismissed and where there is blame to be apportioned in the event of an incident, the fact that the recommendation came from a fellow forum member sometimes becomes meaningless.

Many people tend to protect their own interests before adhering to honour, unfortunately.

The allure of this forum is many-fold and we all depend on the experiences and recommendations of fellow members to look after our vehicles in the most cost effective way possible, but in today's litigious society sensible precautions would, I suggest, need to be taken so that we all may continue to avail of the wide ranging experience seen on this forum.

This would also hold true I would say for specific legal advice given in open forum such as Killers letter pro-forma shown on the Vamps Debit Collections Agency post.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #12 on: 06 July 2009, 14:20:12 »

........you're developing an important point here Ms Zoom.

One person’s satisfaction with either goods or services is another's dissatisfaction.

There is always the likelihood that unless a sensibly worded disclaimer to protect the forum administrators and members who recommend such services, there would be a possible legal liability on same should there be a problem arising from such recommendations.

The majority using this forum would, I hope, take any such recommendation in the spirit, in which it was given, but human nature can't be dismissed and where there is blame to be apportioned in the event of an incident, the fact that the recommendation came from a fellow forum member sometimes becomes meaningless.

Many people tend to protect their own interests before adhering to honour, unfortunately.

The allure of this forum is many-fold and we all depend on the experiences and recommendations of fellow members to look after our vehicles in the most cost effective way possible, but in today's litigious society sensible precautions would, I suggest, need to be taken so that we all may continue to avail of the wide ranging experience seen on this forum.

This would also hold true I would say for specific legal advice given in open forum such as Killers letter pro-forma shown on the Vamps Debit Collections Agency post.

This  has often occurred to me Zulu and I would be very surprised if the admins did not apply a legally worded disclaimer to that section to protect the OOF and the individual members supporting a recommendation for approval from any future claims of liability. 

But I believe already the OOF has a geneeral disclaimer covering advice, instruction, and guidance given by members. ;) ;) 
« Last Edit: 06 July 2009, 14:21:17 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 July 2009, 14:22:42 »

How I understood this New Section, it was so that members of this forum don't get ripped off... There have been a few on here over the years that have paid for parts and not recieved them. This was the reason why the Post Count Rule was brought in.
There is only one Seller of Parts on here that I would personally buy anything off and thats Markie Mark.
So I would like to Recommed Markie Mark.

Lets see if that gets him on the list.
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #14 on: 06 July 2009, 14:23:43 »

Found one of the disclaimers on the Maintence Guide Section:

"None of these guides are endorsed by the owners or administrators of this forum. You follow any of these guides at your own risk".

;) ;)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.