Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Respect still exists!  (Read 873 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Respect still exists!
« on: 26 July 2009, 14:16:33 »

Bit of an odd post but worth a mention I think.

I was sadly at my partners uncles funeral on Friday in Derby, lovely old Irish chap who will be sadly missed.

Anyways we were in a cortege of 4 silver Rolls Royces going to the church and as can be expected there were a good few people having a ganders at us all when a young woman who looked to be mid twenties stopped in her tracks took off her hat and bowed her head, maybe i'm being a bit too sentimental but seemed to me to be a lovely gesture and not something I recall seeing for a long time.
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

HolyCount

Re: Respect still exists!
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2009, 14:32:02 »

True, it's not often seen these days. I remember, when my grandfather passed, the courtege drove through the town and, it seemed, everybody stood and paid respects.

I must admit to seldom doing so myself these days ( to my shame). However I always say a little prayer when a courtege passes.

I trust the day went as well as these occassions can and that the family are coping with their sad loss.

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2009, 15:55:06 »

Thats really nice to hear and as you say rare these days!
I always bow my head to funeral procession and was brought up to believe that it is rude to overtake funeral cars, something that I believe was easier in days gone by.
I too would remove my hat should I be wearing one. It's the least we can do to respect those on their final journey.
Been there, fallen over it!

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2009, 16:15:48 »

I never noticed it until my grandads funeral 15 or so years ago, always 'tip my cap' to a procession now.

STMO999

« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2009, 17:22:44 »

That's good to hear, and makes a pleasant change.

Was it West Derby? ::)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2009, 18:20:59 »

I recall at my dads funeral 12 years ago as the hurse  passed some roadworks all the workmen working removed their headgear and bowed their heads it really touched me  :'(
« Last Edit: 26 July 2009, 18:21:36 by Tony_H »
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 July 2009, 21:38:02 »

That's good to hear, and makes a pleasant change.

Was it West Derby? ::)

No Derby in Derbyshire, been backwards and forwards for the last two weeks, about 1000 extra miles on the miggy, thank the lord for LPG!

Cheers for the replys, thought I was being a bit too mushy. :y
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 July 2009, 00:20:11 »

We recently had an elderly stallwart of the town pass away and his friends carried his coffin around the three streets that circle the town centre for him to pass that way one last time..........
ALL the town came to a stop and everyone came out to say goodbye . It actually was very touching to see .
Also my father was a police officer back in Scotland in the 50's and 60's and as was the custom then all Police Officers would salute a hearse as it drove passed.
Simple reverence..........

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 July 2009, 08:48:22 »

We recently had an elderly stallwart of the town pass away and his friends carried his coffin around the three streets that circle the town centre for him to pass that way one last time..........
ALL the town came to a stop and everyone came out to say goodbye . It actually was very touching to see .
Also my father was a police officer back in Scotland in the 50's and 60's and as was the custom then all Police Officers would salute a hearse as it drove passed.
Simple reverence..........

Still is, 5776 :y :y

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 July 2009, 08:50:41 »

Bit of an odd post but worth a mention I think.

I was sadly at my partners uncles funeral on Friday in Derby, lovely old Irish chap who will be sadly missed.

Anyways we were in a cortege of 4 silver Rolls Royces going to the church and as can be expected there were a good few people having a ganders at us all when a young woman who looked to be mid twenties stopped in her tracks took off her hat and bowed her head, maybe i'm being a bit too sentimental but seemed to me to be a lovely gesture and not something I recall seeing for a long time.

What a nice observation O, just goes to show that it doesn't take much to show respect and have that simple gesture touch so many other people :y :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.