Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "Climategate" scandal update  (Read 3656 times)

Nickbat

"Climategate" scandal update
« on: 27 November 2009, 10:33:38 »

You may be forgiven for thinking that the "Climategate" scandal had died down, as very little is appearing in the mainstream media (I wonder why?  ::) ::)).

In fact, the reverse is true. Here are a few snippets to show that the topic is still very much alive. :y

It seems that someone has been cooking the  NZ temperature data as well. That someone is Dr. Jim Salinger, considered one of the country's top scientists, who began the graph in the 1980s when he was at the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia in the UK.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fpcomment/archive/2009/11/26/lawrence-solomon-new-zealand-s-climategate.aspx

Hide the decline! The Climategate leak now provides the data which was deliberately dropped in order to hide an inferred decline from paleoclimate (tree ring) studies.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/11/26/mcintyre-data-from-the-hide-the-decline/

On Russia's RT TV:
'Case for climate fears is blown to smithereens...whole theory should be destroyed and discarded and UN conference should be closed'

UK astrophysicist Piers Corbyn, of the long range solar forecast group Weather Action, declared that the ClimateGate revelations have rendered man-made global warming fears “false.”

http://climaterealists.com/index.php?id=4476

As I said above, little is being aired in the MSM (mainstream media), but that has not gone unnoticed:

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2009/11/crumbling.html

"Climategate" gets 8.8million returns on a Google search. :o

This will not die down. ;)
« Last Edit: 27 November 2009, 10:55:30 by Nickbat »

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
Re: Climategate update
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2009, 10:40:01 »

I thought this was about someones climate control issues.  :D

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2009, 10:46:00 »

Me, too-as it happens  ;D

Nickbat

« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2009, 10:54:45 »

It is! "They" want to use bogus climate fears to  control us!  ;) ;D ;D

I've amended the thread title so there is further misunderstanding.  :y :y
« Last Edit: 27 November 2009, 10:56:10 by Nickbat »

cem_devecioglu

Re: "Climategate" scandal update
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2009, 10:57:56 »

The news arrived here and even on local newspapers..

but interesting to see the tv channels refuse to mention about it >:(

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2009, 11:11:37 »

Nickbat

« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2009, 11:20:06 »

well here is another bit of scandal for you nickbat :y
http://news.aol.co.uk/environment-news/climate-money-unaccounted-for/article/20091125010403749323695

Thanks!  :y

Quote:

The EU said the money was collected in "bilateral and multilateral deals", but was unable to provide data to back up the claim.

Rotten to the core.  >:( >:(

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 November 2009, 11:26:34 »

If there were such a thing as a responsible journalist, I would expect them to beetle off and try to determine the truth before spouting conflicting news.  Hopefully, that's what they're doing.

Climate is so unpredictable that it is VERY difficult to determine if things are getting out of control without waiting for them to get out of control.

The last thing that is needed (no pun intended) is for conjectures to be passed-off as facts - by any party.

It seems very likely to me that mankind is already pushing the feedback mechanisms of nature far too hard and that something needs to be done to rein that in.  The prospect is for newly emerging economies to escalate what the West has done in the way of example.  Not a happy prospect and one that is hard to counter without just looking like spoilsports.
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto

Nickbat

« Reply #8 on: 27 November 2009, 11:36:32 »

If there were such a thing as a responsible journalist, I would expect them to beetle off and try to determine the truth before spouting conflicting news.  Hopefully, that's what they're doing.

Climate is so unpredictable that it is VERY difficult to determine if things are getting out of control without waiting for them to get out of control.

The last thing that is needed (no pun intended) is for conjectures to be passed-off as facts - by any party.

It seems very likely to me that mankind is already pushing the feedback mechanisms of nature far too hard and that something needs to be done to rein that in.  The prospect is for newly emerging economies to escalate what the West has done in the way of example.  Not a happy prospect and one that is hard to counter without just looking like spoilsports.

No one is denying that we should look after the environment  but the science should be open, subject to scrutiny, and above all else, non-political.

What this scandal shows is that the science has become deeply corrupted. :(

Plus, I don't agree with the positive feedback theory. If it existed, any warming there may have been in the past would not take a 10-year holiday.  ;)

Climatologists are puzzled as to why average global temperatures have stopped rising over the last 10 years. 

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,662092,00.html
« Last Edit: 27 November 2009, 11:39:29 by Nickbat »

STMO999

« Reply #9 on: 27 November 2009, 11:45:40 »

I wouldn't mind being told that I had to cut back on the amount of energy I used because it was a finite resource and would not last for ever.
But I do object to being kept in the dark as to the real reasons behind all this. Surely governments must realise that with todays newsgathering technology and computer hacking skills, there is no way they can avoid a debate.

Nickbat

« Reply #10 on: 27 November 2009, 12:10:08 »

I wouldn't mind being told that I had to cut back on the amount of energy I used because it was a finite resource and would not last for ever.
But I do object to being kept in the dark as to the real reasons behind all this. Surely governments must realise that with todays newsgathering technology and computer hacking skills, there is no way they can avoid a debate.

Spot on, that man!  :y :y

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 November 2009, 13:19:03 »

sorry Nickbat who's this "they" that are in on this huge secret conspiracy - am I part of it? and if not why aren't I....or am I and I've been sent to run interference......but why would I tell you that?......maybe that's exactly what "they" want you to think....they want you to believe I'm not in on it all.....or maybe I'm double-bluffing you...or triple bluffing....maybe Optimist knows the truth.....maybe I do....or is it the sinister "Copenhagen Agreement" brrrrrrr

...........trust no one............

for my money the "they" you speak of are perhaps an advanced alien race?  :o

have a good weekend buddy  ;D
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

Nickbat

« Reply #12 on: 27 November 2009, 14:31:26 »

sorry Nickbat who's this "they" that are in on this huge secret conspiracy - am I part of it? and if not why aren't I....or am I and I've been sent to run interference......but why would I tell you that?......maybe that's exactly what "they" want you to think....they want you to believe I'm not in on it all.....or maybe I'm double-bluffing you...or triple bluffing....maybe Optimist knows the truth.....maybe I do....or is it the sinister "Copenhagen Agreement" brrrrrrr

...........trust no one............

for my money the "they" you speak of are perhaps an advanced alien race?  :o

have a good weekend buddy  ;D

Not worth replying to this really.

"They" refers to anyone you want really. Radical envrionmentalists, politicised scientists, the IPCC. They all run with the same agenda:

1. The West and its capitalism are evil
2. The West's wealth should be transferred to developing countries
3. The West should give up its standards of living
4. The West's population should be reduced

etc, etc.

You choose. ;)

Cut down some more forests for biofuels and wood-burning power stations. Let's have another few thousand windfarms. Care for the environment? Nah, doesn't enter into it, really.  >:( >:(

Nickbat

« Reply #13 on: 27 November 2009, 14:37:09 »

A good read, here:

IPCC Expert Reviewer Vincent Gray — whose 1,898 comments critical of the 2007 report were ignored — recently found that proof of the fraud was public for years.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/vincent-gray-on-climategate-there-was-proof-of-fraud-all-along-pjm-exclusive/

:y :y
« Last Edit: 27 November 2009, 14:37:24 by Nickbat »

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 November 2009, 14:38:47 »

It is! "They" want to use bogus climate fears to  control us!  ;) ;D ;D

Very good  ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.