Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: It started with a ...  (Read 4526 times)

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
Re: It started with a ...
« on: 16 February 2010, 21:32:28 »

Nightmare!! My day started with that poxy popup and no matter what BSOD shut me down every 10 minutes.
So, I decided I had to go to Cardiff (DVLA) to put a cherished transfer on my Peachy. So I dropped fe^^ed PC off to Land Of Computers, told them I am nipping over to Llanishen to do the job on Peach's new ID, said I would be back within the hour, got to DVLA, surprise surprise no-one in there, in and out in 10 minutes, goes back to Peachy and gets my purse out to go back to LOC, and wow, no money, no card, shit, need to drive all way back to Merthyr to get money, and I have an appointment with Job advisor in Jobcentre at 4, so I sttay for appointment, here it gets really good, they give me a job interview in Caerphilly for tomorrow, I try everyway known to womankind to get out, even said I got no tidy clothes to go for interview, girl says OK, wait there, she is gone 10 minutes and tells me to go to Evans on Retail Park with this A4 piece of paper and they will give you clothes of your choice upto £150. COOL AS F**K. So off I go to get Number plates fitted, still no ££££, But I know the guy and I will drop it down tomorrow. Gets to Evans and have £150 worth of clothes I don't need, but Gordon Brown paid so I am happy, then back to Cardiff for PC, all done when I get there and Avast or summat installed for Free, and he gives me a pack of cd's (blanks) and only charges me £30 for wiping PC and re-installing Windows.
So it started a NIGHTMARE, and ended a LOVELY day, 2 good days on the trot, what is going to happen tomorrow when I go to France? Leaving Merthyr @ 1215am and getting 0620 Shuttle in Peachy.
Fingers crossed for third day lucky.

Err... actually Di Gordon Brown didn't, we ALL did! :-?
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

alunonhisown

« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2010, 21:33:48 »

Oh well, whoever, I got em and am HAPPPEEEEEEEE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2010, 21:39:02 »

Just another example of the moral & ethical decline now endemic in the UK! >:(

alunonhisown

« Reply #3 on: 16 February 2010, 21:44:11 »

Oi, I have worked since I was 17, always paid my tax and insurance and always on time. I find my self unemployed through no fault of my own, I never asked for the items, did not even know I was entitled to them, they were offered as I made an excuse to get out of the job interview backfired. I will go to the interview, but it matters none because I was offered a post yesterday as Head Cook in a mental institute and accepted. Just gotta wait for CRB to come back. So I never begged these items, they were offered to me. Why should I not take them?

albitz

« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2010, 21:44:50 »

Agreed. >:(

alunonhisown

« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2010, 21:45:35 »

With Whom? Not me I bet!!!!!!

STMO999

« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2010, 21:45:42 »

If you go to France you'll miss your interview. ::)

sexydaz

« Reply #7 on: 16 February 2010, 21:46:35 »

thats part of the reason the countrys knacked,for some reason certain people get money thrown at them and people who have never put anything in get more and its down to the people who get up every morning to scrape together a crust to pay for it...when i was out of work 6 years ago i couldnt get anything and it stinks cos people who have worked and put in get treat worse than seekers who jumped on a trailer to illegally get here >:( >:( >:(
anyway thats my rant...go on then di what reg did yer get :y

alunonhisown

« Reply #8 on: 16 February 2010, 21:46:45 »

I am leaving for France @1215 Merthyr time tomorrow night.Interview is 1015am Tomrrow morning.

STMO999

« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2010, 21:49:47 »

I am leaving for France @1215 Merthyr time tomorrow night.Interview is 1015am Tomrrow morning.

Well you're not leaving at 12:15am then. No wonder you can't get a job. ;D

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2010, 21:49:49 »

Oi, I have worked since I was 17, always paid my tax and insurance and always on time. I find my self unemployed through no fault of my own, I never asked for the items, did not even know I was entitled to them, they were offered as I made an excuse to get out of the job interview backfired. I will go to the interview, but it matters none because I was offered a post yesterday as Head Cook in a mental institute and accepted. Just gotta wait for CRB to come back. So I never begged these items, they were offered to me. Why should I not take them?

If you need me or anyone else to tell you why you SHOULDN'T have taken them, then you're a lost cause Di!

Moos3h

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 February 2010, 21:50:27 »

You shouldn't have taken the vouchers, because you don't need them.

People seem to forget that these things are supposed to be there for those that need them.  Does it not sit slightly uncomfortably that it's money that perhaps should have gone to someone who DID need the help?

Just a thought....

alunonhisown

« Reply #12 on: 16 February 2010, 21:53:00 »

1215 tomorrow might, is in my book 1215am , How difficult can that be?

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 February 2010, 21:54:15 »

Poor old Di's had a shite week and hasnt made many friends during it has she.......

Bless her....

Dont blame her for taking what was offered, however if it was me and I had also just received a well publicised cheque for £13000 odd I would have politely said NO thanks I dont need it, I can afford to buy my own clothes......

Owt for nowt this country and it rather stinks as a result.....

:(
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

STMO999

« Reply #14 on: 16 February 2010, 21:54:55 »

1215 tomorrow might, is in my book 1215am , How difficult can that be?

12:15 am is in just over two hours. Then again on Thursday. Don't call us............ ::)
« Last Edit: 16 February 2010, 21:55:07 by STMO999 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.