Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: its sad when one oof member cant help another  (Read 1097 times)

elite den

• wolverhampton west midlands
    • View Profile
its sad when one oof member cant help another
« on: 02 May 2011, 22:21:15 »

hi all i thought that joining a forum like the oof would be  good helping each other out but i try to sell a genuine coil pack on here but i cant because i need 250 post but i new here why do you need such a high post count we are all he to HELP each other or not as the case may be can anything be done !!!!!!! :(

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: its sad when one oof member cant help another
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2011, 22:26:46 »

Because we have numerous people joining OOF (which by the way is probably the best informative and helpful forum you will find) just to sell things. Some members paid their hard earned out for items for sale from "new members" to find they did not recieve their goods.
So for protection although its small the post count was raised.
Hope this explains it mate.
Daz  :y
« Last Edit: 02 May 2011, 22:27:22 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2011, 22:27:38 »

Its because there have been a number of instances where someone has sold an item, taken the money and not sent the goods so at least if you have to be here for a while to get your 250 posts people can make their own mind up if your genuine or not, simples. You could always try Ebay, lots of people from the forum look on there for parts.
Retired

feeutfo

« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2011, 22:55:36 »

A sad consequence of unscrupulous others, that affects us all here.

I have enough posts to sell, but one day I may well need your coil PAC. But would I agree to buy from a seller with no history, 10 posts might be unwise, 250 suggests you may hang around and be concerned you are seen as trustworthy and responsible. If you see what I mean. :y

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2011, 23:06:52 »

TBH i prefer the 250 post restriction keeps this forum from being another site just to flog off your unwanted miggy parts when and how you like... :(

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 May 2011, 07:12:12 »

I removed your post, as per the guidelines, which exist for as the other members have been pointed out.

Yes, its far from ideal...
But also why should we offer a free alternative to ebay, there is a cost associated with running this place too.

Hope you understand.

blackviper90210

• Omega Baron
  • Bromsgrove, West Midlands
    • 03 3.2 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2011, 07:49:18 »

hi all i thought that joining a forum like the oof would be  good helping each other out but i try to sell a genuine coil pack on here but i cant because i need 250 post but i new here why do you need such a high post count we are all he to HELP each other or not as the case may be can anything be done !!!!!!! :(

This forum is ALL about helping others out. The members on here are a goldmine of guidance & advice like you will never know. It's not information read up on-line and fed to us on a spoon, it's from people who love the mig and know it inside out.  :y
But what this site is NOT, is another form of eBay to sell items for free. As mentioned earlier, several people spend their valuable time, for free, keeping this forum running and safe, for the benefit of all of us... :y

Don't knock something til you've tried it!!   ;)
AKA - Mr Bracket

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 May 2011, 07:52:41 »

It seems you haven't been here long enough to have any insight sadly.

Members help each other not only frequently, but over and beyond most expectations, regularly.
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto

sujole

• Hemel Hempstead
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 May 2011, 08:38:54 »

It seems you haven't been here long enough to have any insight sadly.

Members help each other not only frequently, but over and beyond most expectations, regularly.

Totally agree. I don't ask very often but when I do the advice is invaluable.  :)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 May 2011, 09:21:37 »

There have to be rules to safeguard others. :y
It has to be said...this forum is SECOND TO NONE....yes, shout it from the rooftops ;) ;)
Had this forum not been in existance, I would think it quite possible that the beloved Omega would have virtually died out by now, apart from the few 'die hards' :y
I could never think Omega without this forum and the membership :y

If the 'postage count' was reduced, I feel you would have to bring in a 'length of membership' rule, so the end result would probably be the same :y
There has to be limitations :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

russ0205

• northants
    • mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 May 2011, 09:45:03 »

Its the best forum by far, If you don't like the rules don't join,
if everyone with low count wanted to sell all we would have is a free e/bay !!!!!!!!  sorry but thats how it is,
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.