Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fastest you've driven your car?  (Read 9481 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Fastest you've driven your car?
« Reply #75 on: 29 January 2010, 00:00:22 »

But were the Lights and noises going??? :-?
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #76 on: 29 January 2010, 00:00:51 »

Best car VX ever made imo,OOPS the lid comes of the can of worms again. ::) :D ;D
Best put my tin hat on. ;)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 29 January 2010, 00:04:31 »

Plain white, no signs or markings (on the front....) and no extra noise or lights.....

Scottish Police College Advanced Driver Training School....   :)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 29 January 2010, 00:14:50 »

Plain white, no signs or markings (on the front....) and no extra noise or lights.....

Scottish Police College Advanced Driver Training School....   :)

Aahh... Fun time :y :y :y

Anyway... I didn't think you were going to confess ::) ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 29 January 2010, 00:38:15 »

I was on some motorway years ago, cant rember what I was driving but was doing a TON trying to pass a NATIONAL COACH, I was being followed by an XJS, a merc and then some biggish bike, as I passed the coach, all three lanes of the motorway cleared and we could see for what seemed like miles as it was a downhill stretch, I indicated and moved over, the XJS just took off past me and indicated to move over, as the merc passed the XJS he indicated and moved, as he did that the jag moved into the slow lane.

Just as the bike pulled level I saw the merc was an 500SEC with all the ANG gubbins and I think the bike was a Kwak Z1 sort of thing.  They all seemed to floor at the same time as I di, I think I had a 2000 Sportshatck Cavalier, I must have been doing about 110/112 and I reckon the jag maxed about half way down, same point the Merc had got to the bottom probably doing 160/170 ish and the bike was going up the hill on the horizon and out of site.  Was some I have never seen since, an empty stretch of motorway.  :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Ddraigcymro

• South Wales
  • Hate the game not the player!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 29 January 2010, 01:46:36 »

Managed sierra Xr4x4 V6 2.8 mfi no restricters to do the clock in forth gear speedo reading 150 she then went to the red line in fifth omg id love to do it again but after fealing the ruber on the tyers almoste melting just like a bikes sticky tyer im not up for doing it again, mind you 10 years or so ago, now with 6 :-* kids 2 :'( houses (lost 1 house and no didnt forget where i left it the ex keept it >:( ) later could have more to do with me not wanting to do it again.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 30 January 2010, 14:23:47 »

An indicated 167 in my (slightly modded  ;)) Audi S2.

Twas a bright sunny Sunday a few years back and I had my sister and her fella in the car, 5 or 6 in the morning and the only other thing on the road was a Lexus LS430.

Came off the M25 at Kings Langley and got onto the Hemel bypass. This is uphill for the first 2 or 3 miles. I floored it, he floored it and tbh he was pulling away ever so slightly (not surprising really, 2.2 Turbo V's 4.3 V8), then we got onto the flat and neither of us lifted. I don't know whether his sphincter went or he topped out (don't think their limited?), but I went past him at about 155.

Sh!t scarey speeds, never even been close since. I tend to stick to 80-85 on the motorway, blend in at that speed. Seriously doubt the Elite has seen the good side of 100 more than twice in my ownership.

God im so OLD!!!!!!
Ah, my old daily commute. A41. There is the 100mph lane, and then the fast lane.  The selfish tossers getting on at Wiggington use to scare me shitless every morning, as they have to get in outside lane as soon as possible, even if they are getting on at 60mph, and I'm bearing down at easily double that  >:(.
Grumpy old man

barclay03

• Intermediate Member
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 30 January 2010, 16:29:56 »

Not that im goin to admit any speeds on a public forum... but south side of glasgow to stirling royal infirmary in 13 minutes... including a traffic jam on the m80...  ;D

Martin_1962

« Reply #83 on: 30 January 2010, 16:46:19 »

I am not admitting either, but I could claim 3 or 4 very naughty things none newer than 17 years.

zirax

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 30 January 2010, 17:04:31 »

Hmmm.... forwards or backwards?

Forwards over 100mph at Rockingham, as well as things like going through chicanes at 60ish between two tight metal poles buried deep into concrete. The aim being to get as close as poss to the poles to keep the speed up.

Backwards.... probably 70-75. Driver training and the fasted I could get the MR2 around a 90degree bend before going backwards was 65-70 :D It was great fun though. It's surprising how quickly you stop panicking about going backwards though.

On the road, I don't bother speeding any more. Once you have done things like the above in racing, you just can't drive anywhere near that on the road.
Dr Richard Stephens:- "I would advise people, if they hurt themselves, to swear."

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 31 January 2010, 23:38:37 »

140mph on the autobahn near dresden, and i was still being overtaken by nutters in bmw's.. :-?
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 01 February 2010, 00:51:28 »

Daf 33 variomatic. 8-)
Curry makes the world go round!

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 01 February 2010, 17:32:51 »

Daf 33 variomatic. 8-)

Was the aluminium head cold enough to allow you to travel more than 500 meters? You were very brave,you might even start to overtake milkfloats with a good head wind! Was it the standard green colour by chance? ;)
Don't wee on the electric fence
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.