Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3122970 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #7785 on: 23 May 2014, 22:51:42 »

Tanked the 2.2 up on LPG, done the mpg figures, slap in face moment how damn cheap my 2.2 is to run.

24mpg on gas, at 0.69p litre. ~12.5p a mile running cost. I never get less than 24 over a tank, unless 100% city work.

To get same cost per mile from a diesel @ £1.34 ltr, I would need to average 47mpg. So to average 47 over a tank from diesel would be tough, as big chunk of my commute is stop start.

Add in bloody cheap servicing, even if I fix aircon (condensor+compressor), replace the clutch and HG, it's still cheap to run  ;D

Yeah but who tf wants   Er .... to be constantly late all the time. ::) ;D

It's knowing the back routes, not the horses you have under the bonnet. :)

Actually this has compounded for me to not LPG the 3.2, I think I could get 20 maybe 21mpg tops on LPG, more like 19 I think though, given a lot of my runs is stop start.

20mpg on gas, is around 37mpg in diesel costs, so yourself/TB with 16mpg on gas, gets around 30mpg cost on the wallet for diesel? Might as well get a 3.0d which does more to the gallon and is quicker  :D
« Last Edit: 23 May 2014, 22:53:30 by tunnie »

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #7786 on: 24 May 2014, 00:18:12 »

Tanked the 2.2 up on LPG, done the mpg figures, slap in face moment how damn cheap my 2.2 is to run.

24mpg on gas, at 0.69p litre. ~12.5p a mile running cost. I never get less than 24 over a tank, unless 100% city work.

To get same cost per mile from a diesel @ £1.34 ltr, I would need to average 47mpg. So to average 47 over a tank from diesel would be tough, as big chunk of my commute is stop start.

Add in bloody cheap servicing, even if I fix aircon (condensor+compressor), replace the clutch and HG, it's still cheap to run  ;D

Could not have put it any better myself  8) :y although my 12 month rolling calculated average MPG (LPG & Petol) is only 20. My Pence Per Litre is only 82p though. Love that when i see it

How are you getting 24 ?
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

chrisgixer

« Reply #7787 on: 24 May 2014, 00:32:44 »

Could not have put it any better myself  8) :y although my 12 month rolling calculated average MPG (LPG & Petol) is only 20. My Pence Per Litre is only 82p though. Love that when i see it

How are you getting 24 ?

By arriving late. A lot ;D

Honestly Tunnie, get rid of the poxy thing .  Or at least look after it. One or the other ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: 24 May 2014, 00:35:58 »

Actually this has compounded for me to not LPG the 3.2, I think I could get 20 maybe 21mpg tops on LPG, more like 19 I think though, given a lot of my runs is stop start.

20mpg on gas, is around 37mpg in diesel costs, so yourself/TB with 16mpg on gas, gets around 30mpg cost on the wallet for diesel? Might as well get a 3.0d which does more to the gallon and is quicker smells and sounds like a skeleton masturbating in a biscuit tin  :D

Fixed that for you. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

chrisgixer

« Reply #7789 on: 24 May 2014, 00:59:51 »

;D ;D

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: 24 May 2014, 07:42:47 »

20mpg on gas, is around 37mpg in diesel costs, so yourself/TB with 16mpg on gas, gets around 30mpg cost on the wallet for diesel? Might as well get a 3.0d which does more to the gallon and is quicker smells and sounds like a skeleton masturbating in a biscuit tin  :D

Fixed that for you. :y

Nice one ;D ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: 24 May 2014, 10:07:31 »

How are you getting 24 ?

Yours an auto?

I just drive normally, MrsT tells me often to slow down  :o

I have seen 28 average over a tank, Wales and back. Cruise set at 80 :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: 24 May 2014, 10:11:45 »

How are you getting 24 ?

Honestly Tunnie, get rid of the poxy thing .  Or at least look after it. One or the other ::)

Everything I look at is vastly more expensive to run.

What else averages 50mpg and is cheap as chips to fix and is comfy and silent on a cruise?

chrisgixer

« Reply #7793 on: 24 May 2014, 10:19:33 »

How are you getting 24 ?

What else averages 50mpg and is cheap as chips to fix and is comfy and silent on a cruise?

Fair do's. But at least clean it, no?  If its that important to you.

Obviously anything that replaces it will cost money of some sort. So why buy the 3.2 and not use it?

Me finks Tunnie is confuddled. :-\

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: 24 May 2014, 13:06:29 »

Well I now have a set of refurbed wishbones in the garage with poly fronts and Febi Bilstein rears with Lemforder ball joints all mounted on a pair of Vauxhall wishbones off the MV6 and if this rain stops for another 30 mins I am going to fit them on the DTi estate and check the steering idler again. :o :o

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: 24 May 2014, 13:27:32 »

How are you getting 24 ?

Obviously anything that replaces it will cost money of some sort. So why buy the 3.2 and not use it?

2.2 did get a clean and a hoover, looking good again  :y

3.2 is the 'spare' and for MrsT and her needs  :)

Tbh, the cost and it's unbelievable bodywork was reason to buy. 

Stemo

« Reply #7796 on: 24 May 2014, 15:47:25 »

How are you getting 24 ?

2.2 did get a clean and a hoover, looking good again  :y

3.2 is the 'spare' and for MrsT and her needs  :)

Tbh, the cost and it's unbelievable bodywork was reason to buy.
Mrs T?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: 24 May 2014, 16:54:49 »

Yeah  ;D ;D

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: 24 May 2014, 17:32:38 »

Well I now have a set of refurbed wishbones in the garage with poly fronts and Febi Bilstein rears with Lemforder ball joints all mounted on a pair of Vauxhall wishbones off the MV6 and if this rain stops for another 30 mins I am going to fit them on the DTi estate and check the steering idler again. :o :o

One side done, just over the hour for one out and one in. Drivers side tomorrow :D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: 24 May 2014, 17:56:48 »

Four new tyres on Mrs VXL's Alhambra. Thought we'd give Accelera Alpha's a try, obviously being an MPV it has to have reinforced (XL) ones - was impressed with the rim protection on them, mind you, it's a little too late for the kerbed alloys  ::)

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.