Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3145347 times)

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #8145 on: 24 June 2014, 21:16:21 »

Had new front tyres fitted and complete brake fluid changed today,brakes feel so much better now  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #8146 on: 24 June 2014, 21:27:44 »

Black Omega went in for MOT today, only needed a new steering idler and rear brake pads...and no advisories. The other Omega is booked in tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have two fresh MOT's!

Managed to buy x6 brand new 225 55 16 Michelin Primacy's for £300...came from a company who used to run a fair few BMW 5 series.
Result with the tyres :y Idler was hardly a surprise though ::) any more play in it and you wouldn't have needed to undo anything to remove it  ;D

Any comments about that spot of rust?

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: 24 June 2014, 22:16:56 »

2.2 pissing petrol new fuel filter required. Always something  :(
Hopefully an easy, quick fix. Never seen one leak (only the pipes going to it).

MV6 was pissing out when i got it and not from the pipes, God knows how long it was on there

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: 24 June 2014, 22:30:48 »

I've recovered loads of cars with corroded and leaking fuel filters. Nobody ever changes the damn things, and that includes me; I bought mine two years back, and only fitted it a fortnight ago!

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #8149 on: 24 June 2014, 22:48:56 »

I've recovered loads of cars with corroded and leaking fuel filters. Nobody ever changes the damn things, and that includes me; I bought mine two years back, and only fitted it a fortnight ago!

Same here had the 2.2 around 4 years never changed it as visually it always looked fine... But funnily enough I did the one on the 3.2 October last year (was paranoid at the time  ;D) it had a plastic filter fitted, The new one that was fitted was the usual metal type.

4x4

« Reply #8150 on: 24 June 2014, 22:58:29 »

Fitted cb in the 4x4 tonight  ;D

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: 24 June 2014, 23:03:13 »

Same here had the 2.2 around 4 years never changed it as visually it always looked fine... But funnily enough I did the one on the 3.2 October last year (was paranoid at the time  ;D) it had a plastic filter fitted, The new one that was fitted was the usual metal type.

Would you not change a screw on oil filter each year/6mths but if it looked OK i'll just leave it. Fuel filter's are service items. That reminds me the Elite's has been on for 2 years now better get that done very soon ::) ::)

omega3000

« Reply #8152 on: 24 June 2014, 23:03:37 »

Any good  :)

4x4

« Reply #8153 on: 24 June 2014, 23:06:55 »

Not bad emd will take a pic during the week and post it up  :y

omega3000

« Reply #8154 on: 24 June 2014, 23:16:19 »

Not bad emd will take a pic during the week and post it up  :y

:y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: 24 June 2014, 23:50:19 »

Would you not change a screw on oil filter each year/6mths but if it looked OK i'll just leave it. Fuel filters are service items. That reminds me the Elite's has been on for 2 years now better get that done very soon ::) ::)

Well, they're a lot less critical than an oil filter, and don't have to deal with particularly dirty fluids either. Plus, it's a pain to do on lots of cars, including Omega estates. Not that that's an excuse.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: 25 June 2014, 00:23:23 »

Would you not change a screw on oil filter each year/6mths but if it looked OK i'll just leave it. Fuel filters are service items. That reminds me the Elite's has been on for 2 years now better get that done very soon ::) ::)

Well, they're a lot less critical than an oil filter, and don't have to deal with particularly dirty fluids either. Plus, it's a pain to do on lots of cars, including Omega estates. Not that that's an excuse.

I will not say how long it took on the MV6 estate ::) ::)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: 25 June 2014, 10:08:17 »

I've had this 3.2  just over 6 years, 68,000 miles put on it,  and the fuel filter has never been changed in that time  ;) ;) ;)

Mind you .. I doubt I've put more than 25 tanks of petrol through it in all that time  :y :y :y :y

:) :) :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: 25 June 2014, 18:15:30 »

Made a slight modification to the FM Modulator install.
I removed mine  :-X
So methinks the only viable way forward after that is to tap into the CD Audio on the ribbon cable.

Should give crystal clear (well as good as it's going to get) audio.... just won't be overridden by Traffic messages and Nav Instructions.
It was a quick and dirty test before I went to France (I didn't fancy French radio)
Grumpy old man

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: 25 June 2014, 19:20:50 »

looks like we got us a convoy ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.