Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3123353 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #22950 on: 13 November 2021, 22:12:30 »

It had a key in the top of it which separated from the main body. No fickin way.
Sounds similar to mine.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22951 on: 13 November 2021, 22:18:10 »

Had the spare & well used key for the Range Rover refurbished by a seller on eBay LR wanted £235 for a new key so had nothing to lose, sent it off & returned as new  all works perfectly for £25 result..😁😁😁
If its the type that has a chrome strip down one side, new 3rd party cases are £3.50 on Ali, or a fiver on egay. Less than a minutes work to swap it over.

No it's not like that , recommended repair from the RRS forum , there is no way I would be dismantling one of these.
My old neighbour told me the key fob to her Land Rover needed a new battery and would I put one in for her. Of course, I said. I didn't know until that point what a money grabbing bunch of wotsits JLR are.
Changed the battery in mine on Thursday, because it told me to. Must have taken a whole minute to do, and 12p for the CR2032.
This one was glued or stuck together, no way I was messing around with it. 2009 LR.
Ah, for some reason I thought your car was newer.  The 3 button one was used for about 5 years from around 2005.  Takes a standard CR2032 (might be 2, ages since I've done one), new case around £3.  Case shell just pops apart.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22952 on: 13 November 2021, 22:26:46 »

Had the spare & well used key for the Range Rover refurbished by a seller on eBay LR wanted £235 for a new key so had nothing to lose, sent it off & returned as new  all works perfectly for £25 result..😁😁😁
If its the type that has a chrome strip down one side, new 3rd party cases are £3.50 on Ali, or a fiver on egay. Less than a minutes work to swap it over.

No it's not like that , recommended repair from the RRS forum , there is no way I would be dismantling one of these.
My old neighbour told me the key fob to her Land Rover needed a new battery and would I put one in for her. Of course, I said. I didn't know until that point what a money grabbing bunch of wotsits JLR are.
Changed the battery in mine on Thursday, because it told me to. Must have taken a whole minute to do, and 12p for the CR2032.
This one was glued or stuck together, no way I was messing around with it. 2009 LR.
Ah, for some reason I thought your car was newer.  The 3 button one was used for about 5 years from around 2005.  Takes a standard CR2032 (might be 2, ages since I've done one), new case around £3.  Case shell just pops apart.
My car? No, neighbours car.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22953 on: 14 November 2021, 10:41:26 »

My car? No, neighbours car.
Sorry, I was replying to Rangie :)
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22954 on: 14 November 2021, 11:52:03 »

My instruction book indicates no battery to change as it charges whilst in use .
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22955 on: 14 November 2021, 12:27:28 »

My instruction book indicates no battery to change as it charges whilst in use .
Lasts for ever, does it?
Let me translate for you, Mick. 'There is no need to change the battery because it charges itself when in use. When the battery is fūcked, there is no way of changing it, so you have to buy a shiny new fob'.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22956 on: 14 November 2021, 12:32:34 »

Lasts for ever, does it?
Let me translate for you, Mick. 'There is no need to change the battery because it charges itself when in use. When the battery is fūcked, there is no way of changing it, so you have to buy a shiny new fob'.  ;D
Exactly that's why I paid £25 & not £235 as advised on the RRS forum, it hadn't done bad considering it was 14 years old, anyhow I'm done on this now it works , cheap fix & I'm happy.
« Last Edit: 14 November 2021, 12:42:32 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22957 on: 14 November 2021, 14:22:07 »

Lasts for ever, does it?
Exactly that's why I paid £25 & not £235 as advised on the RRS forum, it hadn't done bad considering it was 14 years old, anyhow I'm done on this now it works , cheap fix & I'm happy.
I know they can be done, Mick, a guy on YouTube shows how. My point was that any key fob that has a battery should allow the user (the one who paid the money for it) to change that battery. Hence my comment about money grabbing JLR.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22958 on: 14 November 2021, 14:47:45 »

Washed the mighty Signum.

Can't recall if it is the first or second time since Brexit.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22959 on: 14 November 2021, 15:43:59 »

Lasts for ever, does it?
I know they can be done, Mick, a guy on YouTube shows how. My point was that any key fob that has a battery should allow the user (the one who paid the money for it) to change that battery. Hence my comment about money grabbing JLR.

I've got hands like shovels fiddling with little screws & batteries would be a disaster for me..😁

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22960 on: 14 November 2021, 16:14:44 »

Freed off a binding back brake on the Mondeo and was relieved it wasn't anything that I needed to spend money on.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22961 on: 14 November 2021, 18:27:38 »

Hence my comment about money grabbing JLR.
Ford. You mean money grabbing Ford ;)
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22962 on: 14 November 2021, 19:32:41 »

Drove it from Barnsley to Sheffield to Bradford to Barnsley to Bradford to Sheffield to Barnsley. Only sustained by a Big Mac and large fries.
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22963 on: 14 November 2021, 19:45:22 »

Lasts for ever, does it?

I've got hands like shovels fiddling with little screws & batteries would be a disaster for me..😁
                 What about nipples Mick👀🤣
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22964 on: 14 November 2021, 19:51:33 »

Lasts for ever, does it?

What about nipples Mick👀🤣

Teeth & tongue 😛😛😛

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.