Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3123557 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #23565 on: 31 March 2022, 18:39:11 »

One of them is never coming out, it started to shear last time I changed them, so I knew it was pointless buying 4 ;D

I managed to shear one on my R Class when I replaced them .... they're very very easily sheared - even using a 1/4" drive socket

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23566 on: 31 March 2022, 18:58:35 »

One of them is never coming out, it started to shear last time I changed them, so I knew it was pointless buying 4 ;D

I managed to shear one on my R Class when I replaced them .... they're very very easily sheared - even using a 1/4" drive socket
I shall look forward to that... Will probably swap out the leak off pipes at the same time, but definitely a job for a warmer day.
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23567 on: 31 March 2022, 19:22:17 »

Must be that time of year  :P
I just got 4 glow plugs for the Zaf A £4 each
new aux belt and tensioner £30 ,been putting that off for about 2 years  :D

I need to get 1 zafira 2 button key plus 1 Omega 3 button key repaired (buttons u/s) 

Does Martin Imber still repair fobs ? can anyone please PM me his contact if so TIA  :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23568 on: 31 March 2022, 19:29:49 »

I shall look forward to that...  ....

You need a hot engine to give yourself at least half a chance. I just farmed it out then to someone else after I'd broken one

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23569 on: 31 March 2022, 21:04:26 »

I need to get 1 zafira 2 button key plus 1 Omega 3 button key repaired (buttons u/s) 

Does Martin Imber still repair fobs ? can anyone please PM me his contact if so TIA  :)
That wasn't hard  ;D

http://martinimber.co.uk/keyfob.htm
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23570 on: 31 March 2022, 21:19:49 »

That wasn't hard  ;D

http://martinimber.co.uk/keyfob.htm

:) Thanks uncle Stemo  :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23571 on: 31 March 2022, 21:42:56 »

I'm sure your more than capable of soldering few switches and replacing a cover yourself? Plenty of repair kits on ebay etc.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23572 on: 31 March 2022, 22:05:40 »

I'm sure your more than capable of soldering few switches and replacing a cover yourself? Plenty of repair kits on ebay etc.

Nah he's a builder with hands like shovels and fingers like Cumberland sausages, so a bit delicate for our Dave!  :P  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23573 on: 31 March 2022, 23:08:10 »

I've a working 2 button Omega remote, chip and key that you're welcome to.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23574 on: 01 April 2022, 04:45:57 »

I could try ,but tiny precision work is not my forte .I need buttons replacing & soldering ,I've got spare good original covers .
I'd rather farm out the work to someone who is good at it ,than risk ruining my spare fobs and have to re-program others.
Martin has email me back and still does repairs  :)

Nah he's a builder with hands like shovels and fingers like Cumberland sausages, so a bit delicate for our Dave!  :P  ;D
" Many a true word spoken in jest "
I do have "hands like shovels and fingers like FAT Cumberland sausages"  :D

Thank you Nick for the kind offer ,
but i have spare un-programmed 3 button fobs with transponders for my Omega
I'm just looking at fixing my original spare programmed key  :y
I'm sure someone with an estate would gladly pay you for a 2 button fob , such items must be thin on the ground  :-\
but again thanks for the offer  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23575 on: 01 April 2022, 10:41:13 »

Euroshite Glow Plugs by any chance? Mine we £3.something, under a tenner for the 3.

I suppose I should consider the aux belt on the battlebus, as I've not even looked at it in the 8yrs I've had it ;D

If you have a carpass and ever need keys programming, I still owe you a favour ;).  Strangely enough, I had to repair one of my 2 button battlebus keys a few weeks ago - normally the 2 button ones are indesctructable aside from the battery connector coming adrift due to heavy handed battery changes.

For those repairing battery connectors in GM fobs, remove battery connector completely, solder an off-cut piece of wire from the leg of a resistor or capacitor to the broken leg of the holder, then refit.  Add a bit of mechanical strength by putting a dollop of general purpose glue to hold battery holder to PCB.  3 button switches are dead easy as well, but do them in time before you knacker the case rubber, as all chinky ebay cases have rubber thats too hard.
Grumpy old man

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23576 on: 01 April 2022, 14:00:37 »

I could try ,but tiny precision work is not my forte .I need buttons replacing & soldering ,I've got spare good original covers .
I'd rather farm out the work to someone who is good at it ,than risk ruining my spare fobs and have to re-program others.

I'm sure someone with an estate would gladly pay you for a 2 button fob , such items must be thin on the ground  :-\
                 Yes indeed they would, I’ll gladly pay for it please send me details Nick👍
Laying a rubber road.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23577 on: 01 April 2022, 14:31:55 »

Nah he's a builder with hands like shovels and fingers like Cumberland sausages, so a bit delicate for our Dave!  :P ;D

Yes indeed they would, I’ll gladly pay for it please send me details Nick👍

PM me your address, and I'll post it to you

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23578 on: 01 April 2022, 14:49:36 »

Euroshite Glow Plugs by any chance? Mine we £3.something, under a tenner for the 3.
No, I didn't even look on Eurocarshyte for them  :-[
Genuine Berlt Glow Plugs ,from that online market place  :-X

I suppose I should consider the aux belt on the battlebus, as I've not even looked at it in the 8yrs I've had it ;D
I'm just replacing it as the tensioner roller has a tick tick tick , so needs replacing and belt is unknown condition :-X
your engine is slightly different to mine IIRC ,so not sure this tensioner fits yours , or if the belt is the same length as the one I purchased.  :-\
If you have a carpass and ever need keys programming, I still owe you a favour ;).  Strangely enough, I had to repair one of my 2 button battlebus keys a few weeks ago - normally the 2 button ones are indesctructable aside from the battery connector coming adrift due to heavy handed battery changes.
Thanks Jamie  :)  but you don't owe me any favour ,the Zaf fan you collected was a spare spare ,as you saw   :-[ so would never been needed.   ;D
For those repairing battery connectors in GM fobs, remove battery connector completely, solder an off-cut piece of wire from the leg of a resistor or capacitor to the broken leg of the holder, then refit.  Add a bit of mechanical strength by putting a dollop of general purpose glue to hold battery holder to PCB.  3 button switches are dead easy as well, but do them in time before you knacker the case rubber, as all chinky ebay cases have rubber thats too hard.
good tips  :) but with my fat fingers ,I'm just sending them to Martin imber  :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23579 on: 01 April 2022, 14:53:57 »

[quote/]
good tips  :) but with my fat fingers ,I'm just sending them to Martin imber  :D
[/quote]
Via the black hole that is Royal Mail? You'll never see them again  ;D
Diesel till I die

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.