Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3122976 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #24630 on: 29 December 2022, 15:56:56 »

Bought it a years insurance.

Was going to go monthly and pay the balance in April/May, but the incompetent eedjits claim to have set up the direct debit and taken the first instalment last week. Not according to my bank they haven't, so rather than suddenly finding myself without cover, it seemed to make sense to pay it in full now.

Apparently I will receive a refund of the first payment in a couple of weeks.

If they're that stupid, then I'll have a very nice Chinese ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24631 on: 29 December 2022, 16:29:52 »

I do my insurances annually  for that reason,
it's 6 points if you find the bank or insurer made a mistake .
and i still check the bank to make sure the payment has gone ,NOT been refunded ,and check ALL the documents
they should give the 6 points to whoever made the mistake , then maybe people would do their job properly  :P

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24632 on: 29 December 2022, 16:31:31 »

I do my insurances annually  for that reason,
it's 6 points if you find the bank or insurer made a mistake .
and i still check the bank to make sure the payment has gone ,NOT been refunded ,and check ALL the documents
they should give the 6 points to whoever made the mistake , then maybe people would do their job properly  :P
Good point well suggested ;)

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #24633 on: 07 January 2023, 11:18:45 »

Managed to get another intake valve from my local engine recon place, £8 cash. Head assembled and refitted, cams timed up and locked with my new timing kit. Alternator, starter and engine mount fitted as well but stuck now as need thermostat, water pump, crank seals and a belt kit. Looks like a remote oil cooler, after an inline thermostat but not found one yet.   

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24634 on: 07 January 2023, 11:32:09 »

Booked it in for an MOT, absolutely no prep work or checks as fooked if I'm rolling around on the drive in this weather.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24635 on: 07 January 2023, 11:39:11 »

Wifey came home with a dipped beam bulb out last night. I took it to my local indie this morning and licked his arse because I hadn't booked and he does like an early dart on Saturday. Left it with him for a couple of hours. Got a phone call, went up, he'd done both because that's what should be done, £20.
I don't like admitting that I take a car to a garage just for bulbs, but there just isn't any room in there, and I'm well past working by feel on a wet, windy morning, for the sake of twenty quid.
« Last Edit: 07 January 2023, 11:43:45 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #24636 on: 07 January 2023, 11:40:35 »

Managed to get another intake valve from my local engine recon place, £8 cash. Head assembled and refitted, cams timed up and locked with my new timing kit. Alternator, starter and engine mount fitted as well but stuck now as need thermostat, water pump, crank seals and a belt kit. Looks like a remote oil cooler, after an inline thermostat but not found one yet.

mine has an inline thermostat from a renault 5 i beleive. this just pushes into the top hose. has worked fine for last 5 years !

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24637 on: 07 January 2023, 13:46:03 »

Wifey came home with a dipped beam bulb out last night. I took it to my local indie this morning and licked his arse because I hadn't booked and he does like an early dart on Saturday. Left it with him for a couple of hours. Got a phone call, went up, he'd done both because that's what should be done, £20.
I don't like admitting that I take a car to a garage just for bulbs, but there just isn't any room in there, and I'm well past working by feel on a wet, windy morning, for the sake of twenty quid.

Plus he probably had to take the front bumper off to change the bulbs so it would have been silly not to have changed both!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24638 on: 07 January 2023, 14:42:59 »

Plus he probably had to take the front bumper off to change the bulbs so it would have been silly not to have changed both!  ;D
Remember the good old days when you just opened the bonnet and just reached in as everything was totally accessible

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24639 on: 07 January 2023, 14:50:23 »

In my Range Rover handbook in the bulb section there's a warning in bold Danger of Death !  So I will not be attempting a change of any front bulbs.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24640 on: 07 January 2023, 18:03:54 »

mine has an inline thermostat from a renault 5 i beleive. this just pushes into the top hose. has worked fine for last 5 years !
I used to fit the Renault 5 stats in the top hose of astra G  1.6 top hoses because some bright spark at Vauxhall hid the stat BEHIND the cambelt  ::) a popular solution  :)
IIRC there was a choice of 82 , 88 amd 92 degree stats

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24641 on: 07 January 2023, 19:07:02 »

In my Range Rover handbook in the bulb section there's a warning in bold Danger of Death !  So I will not be attempting a change of any front bulbs.
Never had you pegged as a drama queen...

You simply need to ensure that the headlights cannot switch on before you do anything (auto lights/follow me home lights etc - pulling the fuse is the easiest way) unplug the ballast resistors and leave them sit for a spell before pulling the bulb. You can use the time to remove the lamp assembly from the car.

No different to airbags, and they don't have stickers on them...

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24642 on: 07 January 2023, 19:22:23 »

You simply need to ensure that the headlights cannot switch on before you do anything (auto lights/follow me home lights etc - pulling the fuse is the easiest way) unplug the ballast resistors and leave them sit for a spell before pulling the bulb. You can use the time to remove the lamp assembly from the car.

Have you been watching the Beverley Hillbillies?  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24643 on: 07 January 2023, 19:30:04 »

Would it help?

;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24644 on: 07 January 2023, 19:45:22 »

Would it help?

;D
It would if you want to talk like a hillbilly  ::)
Diesel till I die

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.