Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Interior lights on facelift estates?  (Read 2249 times)

Taxi_Driver

Interior lights on facelift estates?
« on: 06 December 2006, 18:22:54 »

Ive got interior lights up by the rear view mirror......and one way back by the tailgate.
When i pull the lightswitch it only turns on the lights by the mirror......making it ok for me to see....but if ive a passenger in the back it makes it hard for them to count their dosh.

I was thinking for an executive car.....the level of lighting inside is pants!

But then i thought maybe thats what you get with a CD......

So question is, guys with facelift estates CDX or Elite.....have you got lighting for the rear passengers?

If so.....this would make a very useful upgrade for me  :y

Cheers

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Interior lights on facelift estates?
« Reply #1 on: 06 December 2006, 18:31:23 »

I have a facelift CDX saloon (not estate), and the rear lights on top of the doors come-on only from the switch next to each one, or when the relevant door is opened - but I can't switch them on from the front either. You have the same door lights on the estate I assume - so what triggers the rear roof light? The doors, taligate...?
Alas, no more Omegas....

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 December 2006, 18:51:20 »

I would suggest finding someone with an ex-plod saloon or estate and investigating the wiring loom.  

Quite a few have an additional switch in the dash switchblock which powers the interior lights.  It can either switch them on or stop them coming on, dependant on whats required.  To my recollection, it works both the front lights and the rear ones at the same time.  

So that the dog can watch the rabbit, so to speak!

Marks DTM - you still got yours or is it away to the Ins Co breakers yet?  
« Last Edit: 06 December 2006, 18:51:40 by hotel21 »

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #3 on: 06 December 2006, 18:53:27 »

I have a facelift CDX saloon (not estate), and the rear lights on top of the doors come-on only from the switch next to each one, or when the relevant door is opened - but I can't switch them on from the front either. You have the same door lights on the estate I assume - so what triggers the rear roof light? The doors, taligate...?

So you have lights above the rear doors then....Nope i dont have them.....only lights by rear view mirror and one by tailgate....tailgate one comes on only if tailgate opened.

So is this difference between estate and saloon or cd and cdx??  :-/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 December 2006, 19:36:32 »

i got lights by the review mirror, another cluster one at the back in the middle, one on each corner of the doors.

And also one next to the grab handle.

When i open the car via the remote at night, i think they all come on... expect the ones on the acutal door which come on when u open them.

Edit: grab handle ones are at the back for sure, cannot remember about the front, will have to check but i think you ment to use the spot lights on the front cluster
« Last Edit: 06 December 2006, 19:41:55 by tunnie »

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2006, 19:39:35 »

...another cluster one at the back in the middle...

On a saloon? don't think I have that one.. I'll go out and have a look.

Alas, no more Omegas....

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 December 2006, 19:42:40 »

...another cluster one at the back in the middle...

On a saloon? don't think I have that one.. I'll go out and have a look.

errr do i? made me think now.... i *think* i have  :-/ defo got the rear grab handel ones

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 December 2006, 19:43:13 »

According to the 2001 sales brochure, ‘Rear reading lights' (presumably these are the one next to the grab handles) are standard on all models – saloon or estate – except for GLS. There are no other options under the 'Interior Lights' section.

Alas, no more Omegas....

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 December 2006, 20:05:21 »

thinking about it yeah you right... think i am thinking of that elite estate i had..

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 December 2006, 20:19:25 »

Mines a prefacelift estate and has lights in the rear by the grab handles, but they only seem to come on when turned on at the switch next to the light or when the door is opened. I seem to remember on my senator when you turned the interior light on from the switch the rear lights came on as well, possibly the kerb lights as well.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 December 2006, 20:22:25 »

Mines a prefacelift estate and has lights in the rear by the grab handles, but they only seem to come on when turned on at the switch next to the light or when the door is opened. I seem to remember on my senator when you turned the interior light on from the switch the rear lights came on as well, possibly the kerb lights as well.

I think you're right about the Senator.
I like red cars

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 December 2006, 20:28:50 »

Lights by grab handles and those in the door pockets on a saloon are triggered by the door pin switch.  Could you fit these to your estate and wire in a remote switch to replace the pin switch - maybe?
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 December 2006, 20:43:47 »

Lights by grab handles and those in the door pockets on a saloon are triggered by the door pin switch.  Could you fit these to your estate and wire in a remote switch to replace the pin switch - maybe?

Nearly suggested that myself :)

you could just use a torch :D or one of those cigarette lighter inspection lights ::)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 December 2006, 20:45:18 »

Nearly suggested that myself :)

you could just use a torch :D or one of those cigarette lighter inspection lights ::)

How about one of those 5,000,000 candle ones - should help them look harder for the tip.  ;D
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 December 2006, 21:50:55 »

I think you're right about the Senator.
Definately correct about the Senator. Working on the car with a door open & 7 courtesy lights of some kind, was a very effective way of flattening the car battery.  :( Been there several times.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.