Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Symptoms of a failing cam sensor? 2.2i petrol  (Read 2380 times)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
Re: Symptoms of a failing cam sensor? 2.2i petrol
« Reply #15 on: 09 October 2007, 17:42:03 »

would a crank sensor really cause that mis fire feeling when travelling ( for my own info... :-/)

That's what we're saying, doesn't sound like the cam or crank sensors.

gotcha  ;)

Just testing ;)
I like red cars

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #16 on: 09 October 2007, 17:42:14 »

For any sort of hesitation when moving / under load etc i would be doing the old faithfulls first...

Cam cover check, dispack check and ignition lead checks....

At least to eliminate them from the equation if nothing else..
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

mbraz

• Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 October 2007, 17:55:51 »

I have exactly the same problem, and I can not locate it. BTW how is your oil consumption as in case of mine this is the only problem, and now all service guys say that the power loss is because of the oil is burning, though the car does not smoke. I did not have error code as well and I already changed quite a number of bits and pieces costing me a fortune. Please let me know if you find the cause.

Thanks
mbraz

omegadan2.2i

• Worksop, Notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 October 2007, 21:15:13 »

Bad starting when warm (engine that is ) and possible rev limiting to about 4500rpm

Hmm...okay.  I'll tell you my problem.  I have noticed recently that sometimes when accelerating quite quickly to 60 or 70mph, the car sometimes feels as though it is holding back slightly through the revs, and then the power comes back (like a 'surging' sensation).

I also had a strange experience when coming back from Skeg one night recently on the A158, driving at approx 55mph, the engine 'lost' all power for approx. 2 seconds, and then came back (with a slight jolt).  Expected EML to light but nothing.  Never happened since.....

Omega is a 2.2i CD Auto saloon with 35k on the clock.

Dan

Mine went with the exactly same problem. Had the codes read by local VX and found it was a EGR problem. Have blanked off this with a home made plate, but made too good a job of it. Had to drill a small hole underneath the piston side of the plate. Car responds as it should.

Get the code read and see if it is your cam sensor or some other problem.

hth
DaveL

Had the EGR cleaned by an AA bloke I know after I had the exhaust manifold gasket was done as it was idling badly the day after (no EML light though).  He cleaned it with WD40 and made sure the piston was nice and free before re-fitting.  Not (knowingly) had a problem since.

That 'odd' two second episode on the A158 has not happened since but was a bit alarming as it 'felt' as though the engine cut-out (but obviously didn't).

I am not going to mess - I will get it TECH2'd by Marks DTM as he is only

Out of interest, what is the general average 'shelf-life' of such components as cam and crank sensors?  Never had a problem with this sort of thing on previous motors.

Dan

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #19 on: 09 October 2007, 21:25:16 »

Camshaft sensor on a 2.2......Anytime soon on yours  :(

Tho hopefully your be lucky  :y

As soon you have probs starting from hot and EML comes on......if reading the codes mentions anything to do with camshaft sensor (p0340)......change it and your probs will go away  :y
« Last Edit: 09 October 2007, 21:27:38 by Taxi_Driver »

omegadan2.2i

• Worksop, Notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 October 2007, 21:26:44 »

I have exactly the same problem, and I can not locate it. BTW how is your oil consumption as in case of mine this is the only problem, and now all service guys say that the power loss is because of the oil is burning, though the car does not smoke. I did not have error code as well and I already changed quite a number of bits and pieces costing me a fortune. Please let me know if you find the cause.

Thanks
mbraz

I must say that the engine does not use ANY oil.  Had the oil changed last March when last serviced (at 26k now done 35k) and has not used a drop during this time.

First port of call is TECH2 check and take it from there.  Will keep you posted! :y

Dan
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.