Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: helllllllllllllllllp!!!  (Read 3447 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: helllllllllllllllllp!!!
« Reply #30 on: 06 January 2008, 00:14:57 »

V6 does not have coil/distributor as old fashioned cars .. the DIS pack is controlled by the ECU and has connections for the plug leads on it .. under instructions from the ECU it generates and distributes the HT to the plugs.

It is ....

1. Damned awkward to get to ( especially with hands the size of mine)

2. Damned expensive for what it is.

3. Prone to contamination ( and subsequent failure - water and HT don't mix well) from leaking HBV or other bits .. :(

Exactly..

And if you want to be sure of the car before any expense try

compression test..

garyv6

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06 January 2008, 00:20:30 »

>:( >:( >:(the whole car is only worth about 500 quid! is it worth all this shite?? but i love it and i think its better than a bmw!

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #32 on: 06 January 2008, 00:22:38 »

a second hand car is as good as the previous owner :-/

experience teach me :-X

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06 January 2008, 00:23:58 »

They are a good car, had our previous one for 7 years, almost trouble free, decided to upgrade, bad idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Very similar probs with my ebay purchase, adorning the drive since September. Drives fine when cold misses and splutters when warm making it dangerous to drive.
Have done crank and cam sensor, oil  in plugs; new gasket plugs and leads, no eml light but still misses, have a new Dis to fit when a bit warmer.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #34 on: 06 January 2008, 00:24:57 »

anyway think positive..A compression test will tell you the condition of the engine..

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06 January 2008, 00:25:39 »

your motor is in good nick .. just lacking TLC .. you need to make up for lost care .. so  a little time/money spent sorting these problems .. THEN a full and proper service .. and repeat that frequently .. and the car will run like a dream.

Quick question as an example ...  when was the last oil/filter change ?? most folk on here do one evry 5000 miles .. nothing like the book figure ... why ?? it is probably the best and cheapest preventative maintance you can do .. and with a trade card (  which costs £20 ) will only cost about £20 !! £20 every 6 months ? peanuts for the benefit it gives  :)

garyv6

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06 January 2008, 00:36:13 »

well! the car is in very good nick! under the body looks like a 5 year old car, no rust on the ball joints or anything! it has no history and i think the last owners has treated it like an old dog! its just running like s@@t and is eating fuel like a 747! i think its worth sorting though as its like a rocket when in good form but i wish i had a manual box!

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #37 on: 06 January 2008, 00:39:00 »

Instead of D try 1,2,3 sequence..But be very carefull not break the autobox..

garyv6

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 January 2008, 00:47:08 »

done that! it seems to be ok when i use 2! when in D it just dies and looses power! it was always ok i D in any condition but now the autobox is all over the place because of the engine!

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #39 on: 06 January 2008, 00:53:08 »

done that! it seems to be ok when i use 2! when in D it just dies and looses power! it was always ok i D in any condition but now the autobox is all over the place because of the engine!

sorry dont know much about autoboxes..May be someone with more knowledge can comment on that..

garyv6

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06 January 2008, 01:08:03 »

im just thinking of more reasons for this problem! about six weeks ago i had a bad fuel leak and found a badly corroded fuel filter! all i did was replace the filter (and lost loads of fuel in the process! did i need to de pressure the system first? maybe ive got an air block in the system!

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06 January 2008, 08:41:28 »

I'm thinking breathers and or a vacuum leak...  mayo will collect if crankcase gasses are not being vac'd away..  the water loss may be a red herring.. a set of plugs and an oil change are the cheapest must first, along with a compresion test.  If poor vacuum it could lead to strange / thumpy gear changes etc

Hope this helps....  DC ;)

Do it right, do it once................

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 06 January 2008, 09:21:13 »

I hav eseen this a couple of times with a failing heater bypass valve....as the coolant heats up, the pressure increases adn it fires a fine jet of water/steam across the ignition setup.....so check the HBV.

Dont get changing willy nilly items, approach it systematicaly checking items as you go.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.