Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Big WARM Scottish Welcome to Bob Dent  (Read 2070 times)

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Re: Big WARM Scottish Welcome to Bob Dent
« Reply #15 on: 12 November 2007, 14:40:14 »

I think Mrs Jimbob is talking to Mrs DTM who is talking to Mr DTM

What, about plums?  :-?

Be afraid, Mr DTM!  ;D

Best point out that it'd mean no brick laying for a while!

Kevin

When ever anybody mentions Are you having anymore children.....'

I always say 'not with this wife.....'

I personally favor having the women spayed as it means that you cant fall victim to a grudge pregnancy (one where somebody has has it in for you.... ::))

quite literally  ;D ;D
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 November 2007, 14:51:14 »

And then run for your life, presumably?

I personally favor having the women spayed as it means that you cant fall victim to a grudge pregnancy

True. It all makes perfect sense to me, but it's not Men's logic we're up against here :-X

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 November 2007, 14:56:08 »

I personally favor having the women spayed as it means that you cant fall victim to a grudge pregnancy

True. It all makes perfect sense to me, but it's not Men's logic we're up against here :-X

Kevin

Yes but. the logic processing pack is not standard fit on 'those with the chromosome error'.....neither is the:

I dont need it so I wont buy it pack

or

Temperature control stability option

But, the 'remember the smallest thing for many years and hold it against you' memory option is always there

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 November 2007, 15:11:35 »

Kevin

Yes but. the logic processing pack is not standard fit on 'those with the chromosome error'.....neither is the:

I dont need it so I wont buy it pack

or

Temperature control stability option

But, the 'remember the smallest thing for many years and hold it against you' memory option is always there

PMSL

along with the 'I havent got enough shoes' persistant bug

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 November 2007, 15:54:52 »

-0.5 here this morning.

By the way Mark do you get the display flashing when it gets cold?

My display was flashing too this morning -1 :o
« Last Edit: 12 November 2007, 15:56:58 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 November 2007, 16:01:31 »

.. and the

10 buy handbag
20 goto 10

endless loop they seem to keep getting stuck in.

Only way I've found to break out of this is to create an exception by either saying something you'll later regret or driving like a total hooligan on the way home from the shops. After reboot, it seems to take about a week of silence before the sound card driver starts working again and the desktop wallpaper changes to something a bit scary until that's sorted itself out.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 November 2007, 16:25:03 »

Reminds me of an old joke.
Dear Bob in Tech Support,

I'm currently running the latest version of GirlFriend and I've been having some problems lately. I've been running the same version of DrinkingBuddies 1.0 forever, as my primary application, and all the GirlFriend releases I've tried have always conflicted with it.

I hear that DrinkingBuddies won't crash if GirlFriend is run in background mode and the sound is turned off. But I'm embarrassed to say I can't find the switch to turn the sound off. I just run them seperately, and it works okay. GirlFriend also seems to have a problem co-existing with my Leisure 3.1 and QuietTime programs, often trying to abort them with some sort of timing incompatibility.

I probably should have stayed with GirlFriend 1.0, but I thought I might see better performance from GirlFriend 2.0. After months of conflicts and other problems, I consulted a friend who has had experience with GirlFriend 2.0, and eventually it would require a Token Ring to run properly. He was right-as soon as I purged my cache, it uninstalled itself.

Shortly after that, I installed GirlFriend 3.0 beta. All the bugs were supposed to be gone, but the first time I used it, it gave me a virus anyway. I had to clean out my whole system and shut down for a while to re-check my hardware.

I very cautiously upgraded to GirlFriend 4.0. This time I used a SCSI probe first and also installed a virus protection program. It worked okay for a while, until I discovered that GirlFriend 1.0 was still in my system. I tried running GirlFriend 1.0 again with GirlFriend 4.0 still installed, but GirlFriend 4.0 has a "feature" I didn't know about that automatically detects the presence of any other version of GirlFriend and communicates with it in the background in some way, which results in the immediate removal of both versions.

The version I have now works pretty well, but there are still some problems. Like all versions of GirlFriend, it is written in some obscure language I can't understand, much less reprogram. Frankly, I think there is too much attention paid to the look and feel rather than the desired functionality. Also, to get the best connections with your hardware, you usually have to use gold-plated contacts, which is very expensive. And I've never liked how GirlFriend is totally "object-oriented", as that interface is sometimes cumbersome and even counter-intuitive.

A year ago, a friend of mine upgraded his version of GirlFriend to GirlFriendPlus 1.1. which is a Terminate and Stay Resident version of GirlFriend. To his dismay, however, he discovered that GirlFriendPlus 1.1 expires within a year of the upgrade, if you don't upgrade AGAIN to Fiancee 1.0. So he did, but soon after that, he had to upgrade YET AGAIN to Wife 1.0, which he describes as a HUGE resource hog.

It has taken up all his space, so he can't load anything else. In fact, it has even automatically deleted several of his other programs to make room for itself, not the least of which was DrinkingBuddies 1.0 on a network with several of our mutual friends, and now he can't even connect anymore!

He told me that one of the primary reasons he decided to go with Wife 1.0 was because it came bundled with FreeSexPlus, which sounded great. Well, it turns out the resource allocation module of Wife 1.0 sometimes inexplicably prohibits access to FreeSexPlus, particularly when he starts the new Plug-Ins he wanted to try. Also, for no apparent reason, the OralSex 1.0 module that worked fine in his previous versins of GirlFriendPlus and Fiancee, stopped working the instant the upgrade to Wife 1.0 finished installing.

On top of that, Wife 1.0 must be running on a well warmed-up system before he can do anything with the FreeSexPlus module. This warming up process requires him to run an antiquated version of ForePlay Beta, which has an agonizingly slow interface, and which has an unfortunate tendency to crash, requiring a cold reboot to his system. The real insult to injury however, is that even though he did not ask for it, Wife 1.0 came embedded with MotherInLaw 2.0, which has an irritating automatic pop-up feature he can't turn off.

I told him to try installing Mistress 1.0 (which I had heard works great in such situation), but he said he heard if you try to run it without first uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete all of your MSMoney files before doing an uninstall of itself. Then Mistress 1.0 won't install anyway because of insufficient resources.

Please help me Bob, I don't know what to do. Since the initial release, I have had nothing but problems.

I've heard that I would really like the CoolGirlFriend 1.0 Deluxe Upgrade (which is supposed to come bundled with a completely functioning version of FreeSexDeluxe), but that release is no where to be found-not even the Beta version! That release is also supposed to come with it's own resource management module seamlessly layered in, so it won't conflict with any of my other programs (barring previous versions of GirlFriend, which I would happily delete!).

Please Advise.

« Last Edit: 12 November 2007, 16:26:40 by CaptainZok »
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 November 2007, 16:25:58 »

WIFE FOR WINDOWS Vsn 1.0

Last year a friend of mine upgraded Girlfriend 6.0 to Wife 1.0, and found that it is memory hungry, leaving very little system resources for other applications.  He is only now noticing that wife 1.0 is also spawning  Child Processes, which are further consuming valuable resources. No mention of this particular phenomena was included in the product specification, brochures or documentation, although other users have informed him that this is to be expected due to the nature of the application. To add to the dilemma, Wife 1.0 also installs itself in such a way that it is always launched when the system is initialized, where it can monitor ALL other system activity. In so doing he is finding that some applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Beer Bash 2.5, and Pub Night 7.0 are no longer able to run, crashing the system when selected (even though they always worked fine before). When installed, Wife 1.0 automatically attaches undesired plug-ins, such as Mother-in-Law 55.8 and Brother-in-Law Beta 1.5 release. As a consequence, system performance seems to deteriorate with each passing day. Some features he'd like to see in the release of Wife 2.0 are:

A "Don't remind me again" button

A mute facility minimize button

An install shield feature that allows wife 2.0 to be installed with the option to de-install at any time without the loss of cache and other system resources.

I myself decided to avoid all of the headaches associated with Wife 1.0 by sticking with Girlfriend 2.0.  Even here however, I found many problems. Apparently you cannot install Girlfriend 2.0 on top of Girlfriend 1.0. You must de-install Girlfriend 1.0 first. Other users say this is a long standing bug which I should have been made aware of. This may be actionable misrepresentation.  Apparently all the versions of Girlfriend have conflicts over shared use of the I/0 port. You think they would have fixed such a stupid bug by now. To make matters worse, The Uninstall Program for Girlfriend 1.0 does not work very well at all, leaving undesirable traces of the application in the system. Another annoying problem with all versions of Girlfriend is that they continually pop up annoying messages about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0.

******* BUG WARNING *******

Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before de-installing Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MS Money files before executing a self-deinstallation. Then Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient system resources.

******* BUG FIX *******

To avoid the above bug, try installing Mistress 1.1 on a different system, and never run any file transfer applications such as LapLink 6.0. Also beware of similar shareware applications that have been known to carry viruses that may affect Wife 1.0 Another solution would be to run Mistress 1.1 via a Use Net provider under an anonymous name. Here again, beware of the viruses which can accidentally be downloaded from the Use Net.

PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Martin_1962

« Reply #23 on: 12 November 2007, 17:59:25 »

I think Mrs Jimbob is talking to Mrs DTM who is talking to Mr DTM  ;D

Talking, no......texting yes, bloody loads of it!

Marks DIY plum DVD

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 November 2007, 18:49:02 »

Bloody cold in Edinburgh this morning,,I couldnt wait to get back in the van and drive back south   ;D ;D ;D
Is the world ready for me..

STMO123

« Reply #25 on: 12 November 2007, 18:51:29 »

Lot of typing/pasting for not much reaction, John. ;D

Very good.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 November 2007, 18:52:59 »

Bloody cold in Edinburgh this morning,,I couldnt wait to get back in the van and drive back south   ;D ;D ;D

You should have told us - Jock meet yesterday in Edinburgh area...
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 November 2007, 18:53:49 »

Lot of typing/pasting for not much reaction, John. ;D

Very good.

excellent in fact............doing the rounds in my office now  ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.