Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tyres (NEUTON NT 5000's) ?  (Read 7915 times)

Big_Al

Tyres (NEUTON NT 5000's) ?
« on: 28 February 2008, 19:10:35 »

Hi Guys,
               Anybody tried these Neuton NT5000 tyres. I have seen them on  E bay. it says they are made by Yokohoma. They seem very low price. £90 a pair delivered  for 225 x 55 x16's. Which probably means they are not much good. But thought I would ask if anybody has tried them .

Any feedback , I would be grateful.   Thanks,  Big Al

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile
Re: Tyres (NEUTON NT 5000's) ?
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2008, 19:14:35 »

Sorry, never heard of them :-/
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG

platty

• Cambridge
    • BMW 530d Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2008, 19:19:00 »

I haven't heard of this particular brand, but I know of another brand that are "supposedly" made by Yokohama.

They were nearly new and were fitted to a car I bought a couple of years ago - they were good for about 1000 miles then there was nothing left of them - pretty shite to be honest.

I dont think you can really expect anything special from a sub £50 tyre.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2008, 19:48:40 »

Hi Al
I seen these too and contacted the seller to ask for delivery costs to Ireland and was told £75 for four tyres !!!
If you google Neuton you'll see that the company is owned by Yokohama Industries so you'll have to decide if that is good enough .
I've found there are good budget tyres and bad budget tyres and even then they differ from car to car.I've just replaced two Bridgestone Turanzas( obsolete) on the front of my estate with GT Champiro . These are M&S tyres and to be honest there is absolutley no difference in driving and at the equivelent of £60 ish you can't go wrong.
I'm also about to fit 17" wheels and will be puting Khumo's on .Some say these are budget but after searching out users they all give good to reasonable feed back on them.
Try www.mytyres .co.uk for prices ( or eiretyres as they are over here ) .I've bought Yokohamas for 4x4's and A539's from them as well and their prices can't be beaten.
Good luck
Don

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2008, 20:08:09 »

Hi Guys,
               Anybody tried these Neuton NT5000 tyres. I have seen them on  E bay. it says they are made by Yokohoma. They seem very low price. £90 a pair delivered  for 225 x 55 x16's. Which probably means they are not much good. But thought I would ask if anybody has tried them .

Never heard of 'em...try a googling exercise!

GT Champiro as mentioned are a Pirelli tread pattern copy...  I love 'em  had 'em on my Cossy Scorpio, BRILLIANT.. was told recently that we can't get the in the UK, some trade embargo with Malaysia or something..  hope it's wrong info....

I now am running on EP Accellera / Tornado, they are a budget tyre, I drive quite hard sometimes, haven't let me down yet and wearing well..  £112 / pair...

DC :y
Do it right, do it once................

lee4206

• southampton
  • Mot Tester
    • 2000 3.0l manual MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2008, 21:01:34 »

Hi Guys,

Never heard of 'em...try a googling exercise!

GT Champiro as mentioned are a Pirelli tread pattern copy...  I love 'em  had 'em on my Cossy Scorpio, BRILLIANT.. was told recently that we can't get the in the UK, some trade embargo with Malaysia or something..  hope it's wrong info....

I now am running on EP Accellera / Tornado, they are a budget tyre, I drive quite hard sometimes, haven't let me down yet and wearing well..  £112 / pair...

DC :y

You can get them in the uk.   I know for sure that kwikfit sell them and  you can get them from  www.blackcircles.com
VAUXHALL TRADE CLUB AND HALFORDS TRADE CARD  AND V6 LOCKING KIT HOLDER  always happy to help if poss

hoody

• Intermediate Member
  • Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2010, 13:38:37 »

Guys on uksaabs seem to rate them very highly even on performance models.going to give them a go anyway.

neilr

• Intermediate Member
  • Barnet, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 October 2010, 16:33:22 »

I have a pair on my wife 2.6cd on the rear. Have had them for about 9 months. They give reasonable grip and little noise. Are they from Neo bros by any chance I collected mine. Ihave pushed hard in the wet to try and get them to let go but have to turn tc off to have effect hope this helps. Ps mine has goodyears and i cant really tell the difference.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #8 on: 22 October 2010, 16:59:51 »

Hi Al
I seen these too and contacted the seller to ask for delivery costs to Ireland and was told £75 for four tyres !!!
If you google Neuton you'll see that the company is owned by Yokohama Industries so you'll have to decide if that is good enough .
I've found there are good budget tyres and bad budget tyres and even then they differ from car to car.I've just replaced two Bridgestone Turanzas( obsolete) on the front of my estate with GT Champiro . These are M&S tyres and to be honest there is absolutley no difference in driving and at the equivelent of £60 ish you can't go wrong.
I'm also about to fit 17" wheels and will be puting Khumo's on .Some say these are budget but after searching out users they all give good to reasonable feed back on them.
Try www.mytyres .co.uk for prices ( or eiretyres as they are over here ) .I've bought Yokohamas for 4x4's and A539's from them as well and their prices can't be beaten.
Good luck
Don

:-?

turanza is a summer tire where m&s tire of any kind is for mud and snow.. so comparison not so meaningful..

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #9 on: 22 October 2010, 17:01:39 »

kumho and yoko is ok.. but dont go for lower prices..

tire is a subject that you get what you pay for..

V6 CDX-er

• Intermediate Member
  • Sheffield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 October 2010, 17:14:14 »

kumho and yoko is ok.. but dont go for lower prices..

tire is a subject that you get what you pay for..

I'd agree. I never skimp on tyres or brakes.

majesticlarge

• Gravesend Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 October 2010, 19:15:53 »

Never heard of that make, I must say thou i do pay good money for tyres as you trust your life too whats on each corner of the car  :y
Washing a car, is like making love to a beautiful woman.  caress the bodywork. Breathe softly and gently. And give every inch of it your loving attention. And make sure you've got a nice wet sponge.

hoody

• Intermediate Member
  • Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 October 2010, 22:37:44 »

Would love to agree,but after a motorway incident with a 3 month old de-laminating tyre, which cost over a ton and nearly the lifes of those close to me i learned that big names dont mean the best quality.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #13 on: 22 October 2010, 22:56:27 »

every tire can be delaminated under bad conditions..

best brands only give you better braking , cornering abilities with a relatively longer life..

and they really do spend serious amounts on research despite the cheapo brands..

aaronjb

« Reply #14 on: 22 October 2010, 23:02:12 »

Hi Guys,

These things seem to be made in Indonesia and used in Indonesia and soforth, which would make me wonder if the compound wasn't tuned for that kind of climate - the ultimate effect of which could be a tyre rather like the tyres that come in fitted to a lot of Japanese import cars.. they're useless over here. Having said that there is at least one positive review of them in the UK..

However - make very sure they are E marked and so on, otherwise if you have an accident you might find your insurance company wash their hands of you if it can be in any way attributed to tyres..
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.