Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows steaming up  (Read 2490 times)

cleggy

Re: Windows steaming up
« Reply #15 on: 22 December 2010, 14:02:20 »

Use the re-circulation button as suggested, and all appears fine :y

Omega_Dan

« Reply #16 on: 23 December 2010, 08:32:46 »

I have just applied some halfords Interior mist repellent to the windows. Worked on my other motor so ill wait and see over the next few days! :y

smithpa7

« Reply #17 on: 23 December 2010, 08:39:29 »

Check the vents at the rear of the car (in the driver's side cubby hole in the boot on a saloon, not sure about the estate) to ensure that the air that's blowing into the car can escape again at the back.

Also, have a look up from inside the passenger footwell to see that the recirculation flap is not stuck open. You should be able to see it open/close in response to the recirc button.

Finally, check all the carpet areas for damp in case there's a leak. Check the scuttle drain is clear as well.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I have checked all of these things. :y
In the estate there is an air vent in the spare wheel well. I have lifted up the spare wheel cover and emptied the load bay to ensure maximum circulation. Still no success :'( :'(
I personally feel the moisture the air con takes out of the cabin is not being expelled on to the road. I just can't find where it comes out???
PS  This problem only occurs during really cold weather. Could a pipe be freezing??

smithpa7

« Reply #18 on: 23 December 2010, 08:40:50 »

I have just applied some halfords Interior mist repellent to the windows. Worked on my other motor so ill wait and see over the next few days! :y

Dan, please let me know how this works.I think a combination of this and de-humidifier bags may be a solution.

Omega_Dan

« Reply #19 on: 23 December 2010, 08:44:51 »

Dan, please let me know how this works.I think a combination of this and de-humidifier bags may be a solution.

Yeah will do :y

Will check what kevin said too. Not too bad in mine to be fair but worth checking for my own piece of mind :)

peterm

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 December 2010, 18:12:58 »

i found stop looking at the ladies as i drive stoped a lot of my  missting up all so telling wife to stop talking so much help and that also reduces noise in cabin

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 December 2010, 00:42:01 »

Have found that driving with the sunroof tilted a small amount allows damp air to leave the car nicely. This is not to the detriment of interior temperature, you really cant tell the sunroofs open.

Incidentally, the point just after the windscreen/front part of the roof tends to be an area of low-pressure on cars, and therefore air is sucked out of the cabin, rather than being blown in, as many might think would be the effect of having the sunroof open.  :y
« Last Edit: 24 December 2010, 00:42:31 by DiamondBlackGeezer »
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 December 2010, 01:02:34 »

Both of our cars steam up at the moment, only because 3 of us are getting with wet, snowy shoes putting moisture into the environment, opening the window a little works best for side windows.... :)
Frozen washers had me washing a warm cars windscreen with snow, instant mist inside, no choice to sit it out till demist worked... ::)

smithpa7

« Reply #23 on: 24 December 2010, 07:32:11 »

Have found that driving with the sunroof tilted a small amount allows damp air to leave the car nicely. This is not to the detriment of interior temperature, you really cant tell the sunroofs open.

Incidentally, the point just after the windscreen/front part of the roof tends to be an area of low-pressure on cars, and therefore air is sucked out of the cabin, rather than being blown in, as many might think would be the effect of having the sunroof open.  :y
Diamond, I am sure that will work for me. I will give it a try :y
 I was out last night doing many miles delivering presents and visiting family and all I did was open the windows every 10 minutes to clear them. I genuinely believe this is a flaw in the design of the Omega( I'm sorry all :o :o I do still love mine). And is only a problem during spells of very cold weather :'( :'(

PS This will only apply to the northern OOFers. Please avoid the Preston Grange area of North Shields, it has not been gritted and is sheet ice, everywhere >:( >:(

smithpa7

« Reply #24 on: 24 December 2010, 07:34:23 »

i found stop looking at the ladies as i drive stoped a lot of my  missting up all so telling wife to stop talking so much help and that also reduces noise in cabin

P, funnily enough, we tried to avoid talking and it does seem to help ;D ;D ;D ;D

Boditza

• Craiova, Romania
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 December 2010, 08:00:40 »

best way to demikst is to turn off eco :). and i bet my money on the polen filter.. use a carbon one

Omega_Dan

« Reply #26 on: 24 December 2010, 08:46:34 »

Mist repellent seems to have worked! got in this morning, car cold and snowy and de misted quickly and after being parked up for an hour no mist.

Will see how long it lasts now.

My Misting problem wasnt too bad on mine so whether it will fully cure another problem causing bad misting i dont know.

for £7 its worth a try if you have run out of options :y
« Last Edit: 24 December 2010, 08:46:49 by Omega_Dan »

smithpa7

« Reply #27 on: 24 December 2010, 10:19:21 »

best way to demikst is to turn off eco :). and i bet my money on the polen filter.. use a carbon one
Hi Boditza, My pollen filter was changed two months ago, and is the carbon model.
I never use 'ECO'. It is always on 'AUTO'.
Thnak you for the advice :y :y

smithpa7

« Reply #28 on: 24 December 2010, 10:20:29 »

Mist repellent seems to have worked! got in this morning, car cold and snowy and de misted quickly and after being parked up for an hour no mist.

Will see how long it lasts now.

My Misting problem wasnt too bad on mine so whether it will fully cure another problem causing bad misting i dont know.

for £7 its worth a try if you have run out of options :y
Dan, I am going to Halfords today after work. I will purchase some and try it :y :y

Boditza

• Craiova, Romania
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 December 2010, 13:24:15 »

have a look at the polen filter, or better yet try to take it out and have a go without it. see if the windows still mist. i have problems with misting up but when its raining, and if i switch off eco they demist in less than 20 secs
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.