Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows steaming up  (Read 2493 times)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Re: Windows steaming up
« Reply #30 on: 25 December 2010, 18:56:10 »

So it's not just my car that is doing it.

My journeys recently involve two hours of driving in freezing conditions (without any misting), then a short pit stop followed by the all the windows steaming up dangerously as soon as I get back on the motorway.

I don't think it is the pollen filter (I changed it during the summer).

A/C can't dehumidify air that is already freezing (and very dry). All the ventilation system has to do is pull cold fresh air in and heat it up to dry out the car when it is freezing outside.

Switching the recirc button on then off again seemed to help yesterday so I think the recirc flap is doing something stupid in freezing weather  >:(
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25 December 2010, 21:01:06 »

same problem on mine, not enough welly on the screen to clear.
had adult passengers in the rear who commented that the vents were blowing even though the "screen" setting was selected. on checking the fronts were also blowing when opened on the adjustment flap.

closing all the face vents improves the flow to the screen.
(this may be a fault with my vehicle?)

smithpa7

« Reply #32 on: 25 December 2010, 22:18:58 »

Just an update on the misting up problem ::) ::)

The temperature has risen to above freezing today :y No more misting ::) ::) It is definitely related to when the outside air temperature is below -3 C. I am taking the Omega to Scotland on Monday.I will let you all know if the problem re-occurs. I will be carrying 4 people and a heavy breathing black lab, so my theory about warmer temperatures will be tested.
If the problem returns I will try Diamond Black Geezers advice and tilt the sunroof to its lowest setting ;) ;)

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25 December 2010, 23:36:17 »

This is the Official 'Workaround' for this problem. As already stated in an earlier answer by RobG  :y

TIS 2000 Service Information
Field Remedy 1417
Subject: Electronic Air Conditioning ECC-Window fogging after engine start.
Complaint: The windscreen will suddenly start to become fogged inside due to increasing humidity inside the car.
Cause:  At outside temperatures of -5degC and less with a battery which is not fully charged, recirculating flap is switching to recirculation mode if the supply voltage drops below 9v for a short time.
Production:  As of VIN W0L0VBF6921013332 a corrective action has been introduced in production.

Remedy:

In case of Customer complaints see the above Instruction. This failure can be identified when the problem disappears after switching on and off the recirculation function.
Procedure: First switch on Auto mode, switch on the air recirculation by pressing the 'A' button once (3 round arrows will be indicated without the letter "A" in the middle) Now the EEC will recognise the correct flap position. Wait 1-2 seconds & then switch off the air recirculation by pressing the "A" button once again.
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

IGBryant

• TW19
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29 December 2010, 20:40:43 »

Worked for me.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.