Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ipod  (Read 3571 times)

jaydee

• cambridgeshire
    • View Profile
ipod
« on: 26 April 2007, 23:10:03 »

was wondering if any one has managed to hook a i pod up to the factory units and if it can be done how, i use the old tape on a lead method but it hisses a bit im not to sure if the fm senders work or how good they are
Jã¥])èé

omegaman2

• Omega Knight
  • Kilsyth, Glasgow G65
  • cruise , tints, shinbuster,advanced drinking test
    • View Profile
Re: ipod
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2007, 12:38:12 »

itrip from griffin works a treat ,even when pod is hidden in centre consule buy it from i-world with charger for £27.00 inc :)
dieseldonicely

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2007, 17:04:04 »

I meant to poke around when I fitted the line outputs to my CCR2006 to see if there was an easy way to feed audio into it but I didn't get round to it.

Without any hacking you're certainly limited to a cassette adaptor or an FM modulator.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2007, 19:35:29 »

... or for a more permanent installation, consider a harman kardon drive & play unit - which can now be had for about £60 (see an example fleabay listing here)

I've got one fitted in mine, it uses an FM modulator (rather than transmitter) so it plugs in between the head unit and aerial cable. You do get hissing during quiet bits of music, but I don't think there's a lot you can do about that. From memory the only external audio input to the facelift head unit I had (NCDC2013) is for a phone, and as such is mono not stereo. Plus there's no way of selecting that input from the front panel ...  :'(

hol666

• Lechlade, Gloucestershire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2007, 20:20:05 »

http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/

hmm, looks good that. not a bad price on eb either.

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2007, 20:45:35 »

I use a tape adapter, sounds as good as the CD changer.  I haven't liked iTrip et al before, but haven't tried in miggy.  Have used fm modulators before.  Work fine, but no easier or better than tape adapter.  I only end up using the iPod on long trips, too fussy for short trips and I have a CD changer - even though it skips a lot.
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2007, 23:10:42 »

i have the harman kardon kit as well, it really is excellent.

i bought mine from this ebay shop
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Harmon-Kardon-Drive-and-Play-in-Car-iPod-Kit-mp3-DP-1EU_W0QQitemZ120115586915QQihZ002QQcategoryZ1498QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

the new version 2 looks fantastic and if it offers bluetooth handsfree then it is even better and more useful than before

wombatcurry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 May 2007, 23:06:30 »

I was in a VX main dealer on Tuesday (trying) to buy oil filters when I noticed a brochure for accessories - in it there is an adaptor to hard wire an Ipod into the standard unit on condition that it has a CD changer facility (ie a socket on the back). From memory it was about £70 (may be mistaken here).
Does anyone know if the CCRT2008 fitted to the 2000 Elite has a changer facility apart from the 4 stack built into the head unit?

wombatcurry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 May 2007, 23:09:10 »

Don't bother with the FM senders - everyone I've tried has always ended up hissing or picking up some interference. On the old Omega I fitted a Sony head unit with an Aux connector on the front panel - not perfect - but great sound! The new Omega has the Bose unit - so I want to keep it - see my other post

wombatcurry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2007, 10:42:49 »

I've found the brochure that I picked up - it's £80 from Vx (so must be cheaper elsewhere?) & is connected via the cd changer socket

Martin_1962

« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2007, 10:56:08 »

Am I the only person without an mp3 portable?

I do have a Minidisc portable recorder, around 100 Minidiscs in an old icecream tub, MD head unit and a CD changer which works with MP3 CDs.

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2007, 18:15:04 »

Don't bother with the FM senders - everyone I've tried has always ended up hissing or picking up some interference. On the old Omega I fitted a Sony head unit with an Aux connector on the front panel - not perfect - but great sound! The new Omega has the Bose unit - so I want to keep it - see my other post
the FM transmitters I've tried are cack (griffin itrip) ... however what comes with the harman kardon drive & play is a FM modulator - this connects between the head unit and aerial cable, and as such isn't really susceptible to interference. You do however get a bit of hissing on quiet tracks, but I don't know of any other way of connecting to the NCDC2013 bose head unit I've got in my facelift omega ... as there's no option to select an aux input ...  :'(

hol666

• Lechlade, Gloucestershire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 May 2007, 20:49:38 »

I literally threw the standard headunit away the moment I got the car and installed a Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB52, hanging out of the back of that I have a Blaupunkt Compact Drive unit with either a 1gb or 4gb microdrive in AND I have an aux 3.5mm input lead for my ipod if that wasn't enough....not forgetting that it also plays mp3 cd's too.... ;D

That said, used to have a minidisc, bloody good sound quality on them, just hated the sony software that you had to use.. >:(
« Last Edit: 12 May 2007, 20:50:54 by hol666 »

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2007, 21:46:20 »

I literally threw the standard headunit away the moment I got the car and installed a Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB52, hanging out of the back of that I have a Blaupunkt Compact Drive unit with either a 1gb or 4gb microdrive in AND I have an aux 3.5mm input lead for my ipod if that wasn't enough....not forgetting that it also plays mp3 cd's too.... ;D

That said, used to have a minidisc, bloody good sound quality on them, just hated the sony software that you had to use.. >:(

Aye, dead easy on a pre facelift.

Trouble is anything aftermarket doesnt fit and looks crap in a facelift.

Martin_1962

« Reply #14 on: 12 May 2007, 23:41:09 »

Aye, dead easy on a pre facelift.

Trouble is anything aftermarket doesnt fit and looks crap in a facelift.

Doesn't look too bad with the filler panel. However a single slot CD player of dubious quality is no great item to have
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 17 queries.