Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SC804 and CD Changer  (Read 1181 times)

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
SC804 and CD Changer
« on: 30 June 2008, 20:23:18 »

Right, I have a CDR500 in my tourer...SC804 just plugs straight in place...but whats involved in putting the 6cd changer in the car, and will the lead be long enough to fit in the estate as it will come from a saloon?? Plus where would it fit on an estate?
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

RobC_NE

• North East
  • IMI and VSIB Qualified Auto Electrician
    • View Profile
Re: SC804 and CD Changer
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2008, 00:52:00 »

cant guarantee it will work matey, as only certain headunits will accept CDC's. the cable may be long enough but if not, just extend it using spare bits of wire as long as the solder joints are good and clean you shouldnt have any problems.

as for the location, you can pretty much choose where you want to put it. i know the saloon has it hidden behind the o/s cover in the boot. IIRC the estate has it just sat and fixed inside the boot.

hope this helps a bit.
rob
Saxo, corsa, clit drivers. Before starting on a journey, attach a lit sparkler to the antenna of your car. you drive the thigs like dodgems. for the love of god MAKE IT LOOK THE PART!

RobC_NE

• North East
  • IMI and VSIB Qualified Auto Electrician
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2008, 00:56:32 »

This image may help. CDC is arrowed.

Saxo, corsa, clit drivers. Before starting on a journey, attach a lit sparkler to the antenna of your car. you drive the thigs like dodgems. for the love of god MAKE IT LOOK THE PART!

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2008, 21:30:15 »

I know the 804 will work with the CDC as it always comes with it in the earlier model elites...including the one I just got...will have to have a look at the wiring loom and see where it goes :)
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 18 queries.