TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: aeriel
« Reply #15 on: 06 October 2008, 09:46:10 »

Top screw in bit is missing, been replaced with something too short by look of it.
Grumpy old man

DC

• Intermediate Member
  • Switzerland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2008, 21:10:55 »

I have a related question: my car is 97 estate with a spoiler and it keeps rubbing on the ariel when i open the tailgate. what can I replace the ariel with and what's exactly is that ariel for? I think there is abit of confusion over what model/what areal

shanjon

« Reply #17 on: 07 October 2008, 00:13:20 »

i also have an  estate and basically you need to get shot of that dumpy little aerial and use the standard aerial,
i say this because when i first brought mine i fitted a dumpy aluminium aerial and reception was c**p so it came straight off
i know the standard one does not look all that pretty but it is functional

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 October 2008, 15:56:34 »

i also have an  estate and basically you need to get shot of that dumpy little aerial and use the standard aerial,
i say this because when i first brought mine i fitted a dumpy aluminium aerial and reception was c**p so it came straight off
i know the standard one does not look all that pretty but it is functional

Not only is it functional its designed to do the job for FM reception. All aerials have a center frequency, the factory fit are a 1/4 wave length which is centered for 98 Mhz, and then wrapped arround a fibre rod to reduce its length, for MW and LW the aerial acts as a tip as the whole aerial and aerial lead is used for reception.

As for these so called alloy bee stings they may look cool to some, (not my cup of tea) but are really not working for fringe reception areas. Never measured one but looking at them I would guess thier center frequency would work out in the UHF band, probally work better for your TV than FM.

« Last Edit: 07 October 2008, 15:58:56 by zirk »

jonna

• jarrow, tyne and wear
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 October 2008, 19:48:44 »

all, i think i've cracked it. the small swivel part is an addition. i think the previous owner has stuck it in instead of buying the correct part. i've now removed it but the aerial is buggered. i now need a complete unit that incorporates sat nav, phone and fm radio. local auto-electric shop has quoted £110 + fitting. anyone know of someone selling a unit?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 18 queries.