Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How to replace the battery on a V6 Elite  (Read 2599 times)

Noknowledge

• View Profile
How to replace the battery on a V6 Elite
« on: 12 June 2009, 14:43:23 »

Hi all.

I have a T reg Omega V6 Elite which looks like it is going to need a new battery fitted.

I have done this before but I am pretty sure there is some rigid sequence that should be used when replacing the battery. Trouble is I can't remember what it is. Having just forked out over £1000 to get it through MOT I don't want to do anything that will end up costing me more than it needs to.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: How to replace the battery on a V6 Elite
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2009, 14:47:39 »

The only issue is to turn ignition on, then off again, and disconnect battery within 30 seconds.

This will avoid and alarm issues.

After you will need to reset stereo and rest one touch windows.

Nothing Major.

Noknowledge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2009, 14:57:27 »

Ahhh that was it!!!

Thanks very much Jimbob   :y

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2009, 14:58:58 »

No Probs, welcome to the forum btw  :y

oceansoul

• Intermediate Member
  • Sunbury on Thames - Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2009, 18:26:15 »

wish i knew about this when changing the battery ='[

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2009, 18:42:49 »

wish i knew about this when changing the battery ='[

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.reynolds983/Manuals/Omega2002Manual.pdf page 61  :y  :y

oceansoul

• Intermediate Member
  • Sunbury on Thames - Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2009, 20:36:25 »

:y
Although thinking about it, my battery was already flat so prolly wouldnt have made a difference if i did this or not.

zulu one zero

• Aberdeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2009, 10:25:32 »

hi guys - another newbie here - with a problem!
I've changed what was a totally flat/knackered battery, everything in the car works with new one fitted, except for one small very annoying thing - the alarm will not stop sounding! Anyone got info on how to reset this?

crazydrive

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 August 2009, 04:42:08 »

I've changed what was a totally flat/knackered battery, everything in the car works with new one fitted, except for one small very annoying thing - the alarm will not stop sounding! Anyone got info on how to reset this?

This usually happens when you failed to disconnect the battery within 30 seconds when doing a battery replacement. Try resetting your alarm with this guide:

First, disconnect the battery (if its not already disconnected) and try to find the Valet button of your car. This is usually located on the dash panel left of the steering column. Have it in the OUT position.

Next, reconnect the battery. The alarm would go off, but don't panic yet. We can fix that.

Third, you turn the ignition key to the ON position then push the Valet Button to the IN position. This would reset the alarm. The Valet Button should now glow red.

Move the Valet Button to OUT position again. You would need to move it from IN to OUT position again until the Valet Button becomes unlighted.

Once that is done, you can start the car normally and the alarm would be deactivated.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 August 2009, 05:57:21 »

This usually happens when you failed to disconnect the battery within 30 seconds when doing a battery replacement. Try resetting your alarm with this guide:

First, disconnect the battery (if its not already disconnected) and try to find the Valet button of your car. This is usually located on the dash panel left of the steering column. Have it in the OUT position.

Next, reconnect the battery. The alarm would go off, but don't panic yet. We can fix that.

Third, you turn the ignition key to the ON position then push the Valet Button to the IN position. This would reset the alarm. The Valet Button should now glow red.

Move the Valet Button to OUT position again. You would need to move it from IN to OUT position again until the Valet Button becomes unlighted.

Once that is done, you can start the car normally and the alarm would be deactivated.

Just need to find my 'valet button' now ........  ::)  ::)  ::) ;)  :y

Ziad

• Omega Knight
  • Bahrain
  • They say money talks,but all mine says is Goodbye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 August 2009, 16:02:43 »

me too! any pictures of the "valet button" so we both know what to look for?  ::) :P

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 August 2009, 23:40:09 »

me too! any pictures of the "valet button" so we both know what to look for?  ::) :P

And me, where is it? No, what is it...????

albitz

« Reply #12 on: 09 August 2009, 08:38:19 »

Frankie might know. :D ;D

Frankie valet-geddit?

I,ll get me coat. :-[ ::) ;D>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 August 2009, 09:07:30 »

Frankie might know. :D ;D

oh dear.  ::)

Frankie valet-geddit?

I,ll get me coat. :-[ ::) ;D>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

alexandjen

• Omega Knight
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 August 2009, 09:22:59 »

The only button I can think of that he might be referring to would be the one which disarms the interior sensors, I for one haven't got any other buttons which are connected to the alarm :-/
Trade club card holder
Code scanner available
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.