Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: Scimitar MV6  (Read 77670 times)

lozzzzzz

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
Re: Scimitar MV6
« Reply #225 on: 07 December 2012, 11:00:14 »

Thanks :) it is really close :) got to finish the splash guards and pit the seats in, then its all bolt stuff back on.  thing is i havrn't got the prop yet and can't affors it this month, and i quite fancy some gaz shocks too, so i'm eaiting on money at the mo :(

omega3000

« Reply #226 on: 08 December 2012, 09:05:13 »

This build reminds me of the series "A car is born" , ive just watched a few of the series again where he starts off with a shell from a ford sierra then strips it down to the chassis ready for his cobra kit car  :)
It will all be worth it in the end ..

lozzzzzz

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 16 December 2012, 15:34:50 »

Thanks EMD, I hope its worth the pain, it's done my head in again today. 

Got the Splash guards finished today, the second one was a real fighter, it did want to play ball and looks like a pile of poo, it really does look rubbish, but I'm not doing it again, you can hardly see it when its fotted, and it might all need ripping off anyway if the engine moves too much, so it'll stay as is for now.  As you can see in the photo it looks aweful :(

I also added some extra heat shielding as the photos show but haven't done the bottom of the floor panels yet as there is very little room to go adding more material, so that'll stay on the check it later list. 

Then I got really really annoyed!!!!!!!!   
I was about to wire up the new pumps of which I'm very proud only to find the swirl pot has a hole in it about one of hte welds and has leaked all ove that area of the car and pulled the paint off again.  AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH     for ***** sake, can't people be honest, I hate ebay sometimes.  If the swirl pot leaks just ******* throw it away, what a **** **** putting on ebay to make £15.  Of course I left feedback months ago.  I'm so ****** off, can you tell.  There is no need to be dishonest like that.  So now I've got to find someone who can repair it, or get another one (a third one).    AAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

rant over :(

lozzzzzz

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 19 December 2012, 22:20:05 »

Got a few things ticked off the list tonight.  The rear brakes are about as blead as I can get them (still seems not quite there, but will see how it feels on the road), but they're back together and mounted properly again, some holes in the bodywork have been filled, and a protective strip has been made and mounted to protect the cable to the wideband sensor that goes under the chassis.  Hopefully any debris under the car won't snap the cable now :)

Filling some holes in the negine bay

And the boot cavity

Now here ist he cable going under the chassis to the lambda sensor, it really won't reach over the top of the chassis leg :( (perhaps I should have put it in the foot well, it might have been just as vunerable?)

And here is the stip made up

And fitted

Quite pleased with that :)

More to come

omega3000

« Reply #229 on: 20 December 2012, 12:36:10 »

I bet you will be pleased to say at last "no more to come"  ;D
Nice work again , all coming together now . Shame about the ebay thing but these things happen , fabrication takes time and a lot of patience  :)

lozzzzzz

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 20 December 2012, 18:24:06 »

Hehehe, I'm not sure....   its become the parting words to ever post :)

I'm sure like most projects I'll be saying it for a long time after the car is raod worthy.

acope

• Tamworth Staffs
    • Daewoo Musso...sorry !
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 20 December 2012, 20:23:52 »

Really looking forward to seeing the finished vehicle, its gonna be something pretty special I reckon..
Ionly live a few miles away from the "old" Reliant factory, used to see scimitars flying around most days, but none will ever end up like this one..

not long now..lozzzz :y
ALAN

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 21 December 2012, 16:57:06 »

we did actually buy all the bits to make a "factory" Scimitar with the GM V6. Its not best for me to tell you why that was never completed !

lozzzzzz

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 21 December 2012, 18:58:57 »

Thanks Acope, I'm really glad folk are enjoying reading the thread, it makes it all worth while on those evenings when it all seems so far off.  I'm thinking more and more now that money will very much dictate the end time of the project :( I've still got to afford the propshaft, and the insurance and MOT before it hits the road, and I've not got anywhere near the disposable income I had 6 months ago.  It won't last forever hopefully. 

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #234 on: 21 December 2012, 20:31:16 »

Keep at it mate - sure you'll get it finished - and then appreciate the results of your hard work :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 21 December 2012, 20:32:11 »

we did actually buy all the bits to make a "factory" Scimitar with the GM V6. Its not best for me to tell you why that was never completed !

Oh, you can't leave us hanging like that. :(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

lozzzzzz

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 22 December 2012, 00:29:29 »

I second that!

Do tell!

lozzzzzz

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 22 December 2012, 00:52:49 »

Got a few more things done on the Scim, I attached a load of wire to a couple of relays so the headlights have a juicy feed of 12V, and fitted that up.

And made a little tiny stretch of wiring for the fuel pumps, still debating (in my head up to this point) whether or not to fit an inertia switch.  Not sure if it'll be going off all the time with some track abuse. 

Then reality struck and I had to do some work on the everyday car.  The E36 is running on gas, and runs quite well except when you aproach a junction, dip the clutch, sometimes the engine stalls.  I've rebuilt the injectors, and recalibrated (incase there was in inbalance in injector performance causing one cylinder to run lean, more oxy in the exhaust = ECU puts more gas in = too much gas in 5 cylinders, engine stalls).  But that wasn't it :(  Plugged the laptop in to check the gas pressure and it seemed to be all over the place, so checked the vac hoses and bought a reducer rebuild kit.  So this evening I rebuilt the reducer.

And refitted it

And recalibrated it and.....              the problem remains  :( :( :(

More to come

acope

• Tamworth Staffs
    • Daewoo Musso...sorry !
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 22 December 2012, 08:56:43 »

Is there anything you can`t do.... :)
ALAN

OOMV6

« Reply #239 on: 22 December 2012, 09:02:56 »

Hey Lozzzzzz,

Great project. And thanks for posting up all the pics. Credit to ya.

Question; Of all the possible choices, why a Scimitar and MV6?

Best of luck for continued success.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.