Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3104804 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #25500 on: 11 August 2023, 12:08:26 »

Took the Evoque for its MOT and Oil service at the local garage today.

No advisories, good result  :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25501 on: 11 August 2023, 12:15:20 »

refitted the front bumper to the Boxster, after fitting a new n/s rad to replace a leaky one.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25502 on: 12 August 2023, 22:56:10 »

Due to quite a few unforeseen hospital appointments I’ve been using Mrs YZ’s A3, as it fits in the parking spaces, unlike my A6, which is still sticking out three feet when I’m backed right up against a wall. Hospital car park has ANPR (but no display ) so lifts the barrier upon entry but when I’m leaving I go to pay at the machine and it says the reg number can’t be found. You have the choice of ‘Honesty Payment’, where you type in your entry time so, as I’m honest, I type in a time that falls within the lowest payment, even though the visits range between five and ten hours.  ::) ;D
Today I drove to our local Sainsbury’s, which also has number plate recognition but with a display, and as I entered the car park I noticed that the number plate was wrong. It was seeing the letter G as a C, hence the hospital car park not finding the plate.
Got me wondering how many incorrect fines have been issued to innocent motorists.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25503 on: 13 August 2023, 12:47:05 »

Due to quite a few unforeseen hospital appointments I’ve been using Mrs YZ’s A3, as it fits in the parking spaces, unlike my A6, which is still sticking out three feet when I’m backed right up against a wall. Hospital car park has ANPR (but no display ) so lifts the barrier upon entry but when I’m leaving I go to pay at the machine and it says the reg number can’t be found. You have the choice of ‘Honesty Payment’, where you type in your entry time so, as I’m honest, I type in a time that falls within the lowest payment, even though the visits range between five and ten hours.  ::) ;D
Today I drove to our local Sainsbury’s, which also has number plate recognition but with a display, and as I entered the car park I noticed that the number plate was wrong. It was seeing the letter G as a C, hence the hospital car park not finding the plate.
Got me wondering how many incorrect fines have been issued to innocent motorists.

Not quite ready to drop of the perch, I hope. ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25504 on: 13 August 2023, 12:53:32 »

I've already baggsey'd his A6, so you can eff orf  ;D
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25505 on: 13 August 2023, 13:17:12 »

Surely the A3 is a better legacy  :-\
you don't have to pay for parking or even petrol if the ANPRs get tricked by the VRN   :D

I hope the health issues are resolved soon  ;)

as you can see  ::) the vultures are already circling  :D

Obviously Uncle Stemo and Opti are joking  :)

Sadly , in real life,  it's human nature for the "human vultures" AKA relatives and friends  :(

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25506 on: 13 August 2023, 13:19:13 »

The symptoms of the illness that tried to kill me in 2022 have returned. Fever, zero appetite and an annoying cough needed checking out so I’ve been through all of the tests again. Zero appetite has sent my INR blood reading through the roof so at the moment it’s a balancing act for the hospital to control my INR reading whilst maintaining a level of antibiotics to control the infection.
I feared it was the end of me but I’m clawing my way back slowly. My broken foot has paled in to insignificance and to be honest it doesn’t even hurt now.
I’m beginning to think that somebody up there likes to kick me to within an inch of my life, allow me to partially recover and then kick me again. I did go through a moment when I thought I’d had enough, I’m tired of fighting so just end it, but I’m hopefully pulling back a bit now.  :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25507 on: 13 August 2023, 13:19:53 »

;D ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25508 on: 13 August 2023, 14:59:19 »

The symptoms of the illness that tried to kill me in 2022 have returned. Fever, zero appetite and an annoying cough needed checking out so I’ve been through all of the tests again. Zero appetite has sent my INR blood reading through the roof so at the moment it’s a balancing act for the hospital to control my INR reading whilst maintaining a level of antibiotics to control the infection.
I feared it was the end of me but I’m clawing my way back slowly. My broken foot has paled in to insignificance and to be honest it doesn’t even hurt now.
I’m beginning to think that somebody up there likes to kick me to within an inch of my life, allow me to partially recover and then kick me again. I did go through a moment when I thought I’d had enough, I’m tired of fighting so just end it, but I’m hopefully pulling back a bit now.  :y
In the words of Alan Jackson, It's five o'clock somewhere :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25509 on: 13 August 2023, 16:18:13 »

Should we start a new thread?  ???  What have they done to YZ250 today?   ???  ::)  ;D

Seriously though YZ, hope they get you all sorted soon!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25510 on: 13 August 2023, 17:25:32 »

Yes good luck to you 👍
Laying a rubber road.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25511 on: 13 August 2023, 18:02:07 »

A quick 15m fuel filter change turned into a several hour epic.  Mostly because the car was designed by a particular useless Scottish idiot.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25512 on: 13 August 2023, 18:02:42 »

Pollen filter was quick and easy, not quite as easy as an Omega, but almost as quick.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25513 on: 13 August 2023, 19:04:03 »

Bloody hell YZ250, you've had a shitty couple of years! :(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25514 on: 15 August 2023, 06:50:35 »

Swapped it for an A3
Grumpy old man

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.