Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Information  (Read 20312 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Information
« Reply #75 on: 06 March 2012, 20:18:51 »

So,still a member then.Just not allowed to participate fully at the moment ?
Exactly like the thousands of banned members ;)

The software has to maintain the user account in order to service the ban.  You are looking for an argument that isn't there ;)
Grumpy old man

STMO123

« Reply #76 on: 06 March 2012, 20:19:03 »

I would like to remind all that we have taken what we feel is appropriate action to:

1) Address the original issue

2) Prevent a conflict of interest occuring in the future

This process has clearly taken a lot of admin and moderator time whilst past posts were reviewed and discussed in great depth and a number of next step options were considered and voted on.

I for one would like to welcome Jimbob back and look forward to his continued excellent support of our community.

as a foreign member I'm not sure I have the right to talk in that subject..  :-\

however, I think I have the excuse to be an relatively old member.. :)

from that long distance I see the problem very different than you including the admins..

first of all, we all make mistakes from time to time.. thats inevitable as we are not robots..

first and most important , we are not  in the condition of judging anyone with their behaviours and this is not a court..

a debate/argument/dispute or shooting match occured between members/mods/admins.. so what ?

this happens in every forum nearly everyday on earth..  we dont have to love each other  ;D

if we start to ban sides of disputes I'm afraid we will loose many members within short time..

as I said before it could be solved with apologies from both sides in a civil way.. and in case necessary, a face to face talk could solve many things simply.. (but obviously needs some time for the sides to cool down)

so to cut the story short, I wish to see all members back again .. even if the same problem occurs.. :y

Nothing to do with you. Bloody foreigner. :P

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 06 March 2012, 20:19:08 »

::)
STMO123 Oh no........Its that 'terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired' word again...... :D

Its ok, I hit the alert mod button.....oh bugger, that means I have to do something!

You could always stick 'terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired' in the word filter ;D

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #78 on: 06 March 2012, 20:20:20 »

I would like to remind all that we have taken what we feel is appropriate action to:

This process has clearly taken a lot of admin and moderator time whilst past posts were reviewed and discussed in great depth and a number of next step options were considered and voted on.

I for one would like to welcome Jimbob back and look forward to his continued excellent support of our community.

as a foreign member I'm not sure I have the right to talk in that subject..  :-\

from that long distance I see the problem very different than you including the admins..

first of all, we all make mistakes from time to time.. thats inevitable as we are not robots..

first and most important , we are not  in the condition of judging anyone with their behaviours and this is not a court..

a debate/argument/dispute or shooting match occured between members/mods/admins.. so what ?

this happens in every forum nearly everyday on earth..  we dont have to love each other  ;D

if we start to ban sides of disputes I'm afraid we will loose many members within short time..

as I said before it could be solved with apologies from both sides in a civil way.. and in case necessary, a face to face talk could solve many things simply.. (but obviously needs some time for the sides to cool down)

so to cut the story short, I wish to see all members back again .. even if the same problem occurs.. :y

+1  :y
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

STMO123

« Reply #79 on: 06 March 2012, 20:20:32 »

STMO123 Oh no........Its that 'terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired' word again...... :D

Its ok, I hit the alert mod button.....oh bugger, that means I have to do something!

You could always stick 'terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired' in the word filter ;D

Yeah :y  So it says 'Very interesting' instead. ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 06 March 2012, 20:21:43 »

If it stands any chance of making you appear like a nice chap then scrub that idea then  ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #81 on: 06 March 2012, 20:22:39 »

Nothing to do with you. Bloody foreigner. :P

I know the correct words order and you know too ;D :y

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 06 March 2012, 20:23:46 »

My only concern going forward is that Jimbob must keep his access to OOF admin very secure.  If Ljay has been banned and feels aggrieved by it, then can you imagine the damage she could cause if she got into the admin area!!  :o

'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' and all that...  ::)

I certainly wouldn't want to be in his shoes tonight...  :-\
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

STMO123

« Reply #83 on: 06 March 2012, 20:24:04 »

If it stands any chance of making you appear like a nice chap then scrub that idea then  ;D

I like a nice chap as much as the next man ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 06 March 2012, 20:24:39 »

Yeah but surely if she has been banned, she shouldn't be able to log on, which she must have done for her profile to show her as being online last night?  :-\
Actually, as it happens, I don't think it allows you to log off, from what I remember from when I got banned ;D

But, to all intents and purposes, its no different to being a guest.

According to a resident expert  :y, you get a screen that says 'banned' and nothing else but due to some processes, the last online time will be updated. :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 06 March 2012, 20:25:31 »

My only concern going forward is that Jimbob must keep his access to OOF admin very secure.  If Ljay has been banned and feels aggrieved by it, then can you imagine the damage she could cause if she got into the admin area!!  :o

'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' and all that...  ::)

I certainly wouldn't want to be in his shoes tonight...  :-\

Worry not, the people involved are sensible and this will not be an issue.  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 06 March 2012, 20:25:37 »

So,still a member then.Just not allowed to participate fully at the moment ?
If you want to see what you can/can't do when banned, drop me a PM early one evening when I'm online, and I'll ban you for 15mins - better not do it tonight, as I need an early night...  ...and I might forget to unban ;D ;D ;D
Grumpy old man

STMO123

« Reply #87 on: 06 March 2012, 20:26:05 »

Yeah but surely if she has been banned, she shouldn't be able to log on, which she must have done for her profile to show her as being online last night?  :-\
Actually, as it happens, I don't think it allows you to log off, from what I remember from when I got banned ;D

According to a resident expert  :y , you get a screen that says 'banned' and nothing else but due to some processes, the last online time will be updated. :y

Ahhhh...like my facebook, twitter and ebay accounts. I get it. ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 06 March 2012, 20:27:17 »

Actualy we seem to have a mod report that says nothing more than 'Steve smells'.......any takers?

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #89 on: 06 March 2012, 20:28:07 »

According to a resident expert  :y , you get a screen that says 'banned' and nothing else but due to some processes, the last online time will be updated. :y

Ahhhh...like my facebook, twitter and ebay accounts. I get it. ;D

Why didnt that suprise me  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.