Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ordered iPhone 5 today  (Read 4172 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Ordered iPhone 5 today
« Reply #45 on: 13 October 2012, 10:50:32 »

Nokia 6300 on O2.  :y

Can't remember the last time I didn't have a signal.. oh, it isn't that great at the gliding club. Normally get a missed call indication half way up a winch launch. :-[ :-X
Today ;D
Indeed... Makes me glad I stayed with 3 as this is the 2nd time in a few months ::)
In the case of NiffNaff, 3rd time in 7 months, useless 'tards. 2nd for O2, nearly as useless 'tards.

But I'm staying, as nobody offers the coverage of O2 based networks.
Indeed. I'll be keeping an O2 based service as my back up :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 13 October 2012, 10:51:53 »

How long is the lead on the 5 charger?

About same as old one, although new leads have a chip inside them, so only genuine will work. Although there are indications it has been cracked

So woefully short then :(
It is a bit. As for the chip, it seems that certain well known brands have either cracked it or got a license for it

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 13 October 2012, 11:16:56 »

Got to say, I'm impressed with the 5's performance over wifi (still waiting for the nano sim to go live ::)). It's incredibly quick compared with the 4  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #48 on: 13 October 2012, 17:38:03 »

Got to say, I'm impressed with the 5's performance over wifi (still waiting for the nano sim to go live ::)). It's incredibly quick compared with the 4  :y
There's a video of some guy on utube firing inputs into as quick as he possibly could. It kept up no problem. In fact the graphics where perfectly smooth.

...although one would hope it would be brand new. See how quick it is when it's full up with crap. ...?

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 14 October 2012, 05:09:12 »

LD do keep us posted on the battery life of the phone through and actual days usage! Have looked at reviews some say good others say vice versa! Would be interested to know a hands on from you!  ;)

Martian

« Reply #50 on: 14 October 2012, 11:27:00 »

The iPhone 5 doesn't need charging, it charges you....lots!  ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 14 October 2012, 11:56:52 »

LD do keep us posted on the battery life of the phone through and actual days usage! Have looked at reviews some say good others say vice versa! Would be interested to know a hands on from you!  ;)
I'm not the best person to give that info as mine gets charged frequently (well, it will when I get a new charger for the car ::)) because it's used heavily and for work ;)

But yesterday it seemed to last about 9 hours of heavy usage over wifi and constantly dropping in and out of signal (after about lunchtime when the new sim went live). I always have GPS running for various reasons (business tracking being one) and Bluetooth on, as well as WiFi so it's heavily used ;)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 14 October 2012, 11:57:26 »

The iPhone 5 doesn't need charging, it charges you....lots!  ;D
The phone doesn't charge you lots, the suppliers do ;) ;D

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 15 October 2012, 03:36:53 »

On heavy usage that average 9hrs doesnt sound bad though!
But then again tbh with smart phones you get into a habit of putting it on charge everynight!  :y

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #54 on: 15 October 2012, 04:10:06 »

But then again tbh with smart phones you get into a habit of putting it on charge everynight!  :y
very true, I put mine on every night just before going to sleep even though I have around over 50% left in the tank sometimes , but its good to completely drain the phone till it shuts down now and again then to fully charge preserves the battery I believe  :y
Just had an update from apple my delivery date has been reduced from 19-25th October to 15-19 October  :D :-*

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 15 October 2012, 06:34:31 »

very true, I put mine on every night just before going to sleep even though I have around over 50% left in the tank sometimes , but its good to completely drain the phone till it shuts down now and again then to fully charge preserves the battery I believe  :y
Just had an update from apple my delivery date has been reduced from 19-25th October to 15-19 October  :D :-*
It's not as important to drain the battery completely with modern technology ;)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 15 October 2012, 06:37:07 »

Put it this way... Yesterday I started streaming you tube footage of the Red Bull Stratos Jump on 25% and 2 hours later it was still on 4%

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 15 October 2012, 08:33:57 »

Li-Ion, you can knacker them by over discharging them. They have virtually zero memory effect unlike earlier types, and are usually rated to about 300-500 charges. So, yes, your super whizzy gayphone, if charged daily, may not make the contract period.

With the O2 based SIM, mine is normally good for about 3 days, max, with the use I give it (fair amount). With the Voda SIM in, 24hrs is not possible.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 15 October 2012, 08:35:58 »

Put it this way... Yesterday I started streaming you tube footage of the Red Bull Stratos Jump on 25% and 2 hours later it was still on 4%
On Wifi or 3G?

About what I'd expect from my 3yr old 3GS on wifi, as the battery is starting to go.

Not tried on 3G, as when I'm out and about, its for a reason, and thats not to watch the telly ;D
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 15 October 2012, 09:35:36 »

On Wifi or 3G?

About what I'd expect from my 3yr old 3GS on wifi, as the battery is starting to go.

Not tried on 3G, as when I'm out and about, its for a reason, and thats not to watch the telly ;D
Switching between them.

I still don't understand how you can get 3 days from a 3GS :-\ Although mine is generally searching for signal and gets used very heavily. Plus I always have GPS, WiFi and BT running as well as other things.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.