Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ordered iPhone 5 today  (Read 4173 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Ordered iPhone 5 today
« Reply #60 on: 15 October 2012, 19:51:30 »

I still don't understand how you can get 3 days from a 3GS :-\ Although mine is generally searching for signal and gets used very heavily. Plus I always have GPS, WiFi and BT running as well as other things.
I *can* get 3 days from it. Normally, I don't like it getting too low, in case I'm stranded with a low battery. It was fully charged before I left for Oxford meet yesterday, and I suspect I'll pop it on charge when I get in the office tomorrow morning. As an estimate, it'll be around 40%.

Wifi/BT/3G/GPS always enabled (although latter isn't constantly used, although most apps have permission to use Location Services). Wifi at home, and work. Not sure if Wifi is kinder than cellular data. Had mega life in Cyprus with BT and Data disabled, think I only charged it once in the week ;D

I have, as previously eluded to, noticed a massive, massive difference between my NiffNaff SIM and Vodafone SIM. Voda struggles to last the day, due to poor signal. I guess with Voda, its constantly trying to reach the unreachable network.
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #61 on: 15 October 2012, 20:07:57 »

Can get 2 days out of mine, if I barely use it, while leaving everything on. 3 days shouldn't be too far off.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 15 October 2012, 20:18:51 »

Can get 2 days out of mine, if I barely use it, while leaving everything on. 3 days shouldn't be too far off.
Yeah, 4 is supposed to have better battery life. I know you use yours on OOF "a lot", so that will hammer the battery I would have thought.
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 15 October 2012, 20:25:14 »

Yeah, 4 is supposed to have better battery life. I know you use yours on OOF "a lot", so that will hammer the battery I would have thought.
That's probably where mine falls down... Even at home I frequently use it to pop in here or another forum. Plus I use it to track my vehicles, checking in several times per day. Plus generally 90+ minutes of calls per day plus numerous text messages and emails. Plus sat nav if needed in the car. Plus....

I think you get the picture ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #64 on: 15 October 2012, 21:01:32 »

so with that level of use I'd have about 40% left per day.
I use the iPad at home though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.