- 0 (0%)
I'm retarded
- 1 (2.6%)
Being selfish, 'dangle berries' to other road users
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: 25 February 2013, 09:49:16

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lane hoggers  (Read 5452 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Lane hoggers
« Reply #30 on: 23 February 2013, 17:35:44 »

Similarly, people coming off the motorway who slow right down before the slip road.  I was on the M5 recently and was going to come off at Taunton.  I moved into the inside lane (after a spot of middle lane hogging!  ;D) and there were a few cars indicating to come off.  Suddenly all the brake lights came on and there was a car that had slowed to about 40mph to go onto the slip road!!  :o
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 February 2013, 22:01:38 »

I hate lane hoggers particularly on the A1 or A19 which are just 2 lanes, car sits in the outside lane sees a truck a mile ahead and decides to remain in the outside lane to over take it..... >:( >:( >:( The irony of it is that you often need to be speeding to catch up and pass the truck anyway, so move over and let the faster cars go buy............. :y :y

feeutfo

« Reply #32 on: 23 February 2013, 22:18:56 »

Quite happy in lane 1 myself. :)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23 February 2013, 22:24:21 »

Who clicked on 'I'm Retarded' on the Poll.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 February 2013, 22:24:28 »

The biggest problem I find lately is actually getting onto a motorway or major road. I find myself having to slow right down at the start of slip roads as retards in front are doing 40 mph and showing no signs of speeding up to join the road.Slow down let them get far enough ahead,then accelerate up to an appropriate speed to join just after they do. .....

I upset someone this afternoon because they were doing similar. I left the roundabout which outs you into lane 2 of the slip road. Dickhead in lane 1 decided that I wasn't going to overtake him so moved to lane 2 just in front of me, soooooooooo  ::) I undertook him to accelerate to motorway speed. He didn't like it so blasted his horn to which he received a 2 finger salute. I think he thought he was going to out accelerate the 11 yr old barge that had upset him. Needless to say he didn't.  ::) ::) ::)
The thing is, if you used the slip road as you should, it's long enough to reach way over the motorway legal speed if you want to ... but people think they have to get to lane 1 as soon as possible despite their ridiculously low speeds.  >:(

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 February 2013, 22:31:16 »

I rarely get overtaken on Motorways, but I'm still in Lane 1 when there is nothing around.

Whenever I look in my mirrors (constantly when doing treble figures) there is always some cock with DRL's in lane 3 on a quiet motorway.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

feeutfo

« Reply #36 on: 23 February 2013, 22:31:57 »

Yes I'm quite happy in lane1 of the slip road as well. Right to the very bitter end of it, and sometimes a little nibble of the rumble strip too.

....Just to be sure I'm NOT seen darting across 3 lanes to lane 1 or worse, the millisecond the cross hatching finishes. What is it the makes people think that's a good idea?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 23 February 2013, 22:40:15 »

I rarely get overtaken on Motorways, but I'm still in Lane 1 when there is nothing around.

The best one I saw recently. One Sunday morning, 7:15, hardly anyone on the motorway. Dickhead in lane 2, I'm in lane 1 going faster (not silly mph) got close-ish & flashed my head lights, he moved over to lane 1, I over took him in lane 2 & moved back to lane 1. He moved back to the middle lane!!  ???  ???  ???  ??? WTF!  ???

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 23 February 2013, 22:56:57 »

I hate lane hoggers particularly on the A1 or A19 which are just 2 lanes, car sits in the outside lane sees a truck a mile ahead and decides to remain in the outside lane to over take it..... >:( >:( >:( The irony of it is that you often need to be speeding to catch up and pass the truck anyway, so move over and let the faster cars go buy............. :y :y

Yep... I'll have the joys of the A1 on Tuesday and back again on Thursday ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 23 February 2013, 23:28:30 »

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 23 February 2013, 23:39:33 »

No No No I am not going to start watching Mad Max on u tube............ ::) ::) ::) :-X

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 24 February 2013, 00:20:28 »

Just for you.

Only a matter of time a any omega owner knows, empty tank, what you gona do..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLCmcV4gC_0

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 24 February 2013, 09:08:25 »

I generally do keep left....when traffic speed allows ;)

Exceptions to this being..

If the road surface in lane 1 is bad, as does happen on some stretches of motorways and can be very uncomfortable to be in.

Another exception being wet weather....Id rather sit in an empty lane, even if not overtaking than having a windscreen full of spray from the car in front....

Not saying I'd stay there if something was behind, I wouldn't lane block, but do position myself for comfort when it doesnt affect other road users. :y

feeutfo

« Reply #43 on: 24 February 2013, 09:33:32 »

I think that's what some drivers think, that they'll move over if something comes up behind. At 5am on the m4 I'd say 40% of car drivers sit in lane 2.

Of those, I'd say 10% will suddenly move to lane 1, as if cought out, when a car comes up behind. Usually after the car behind has started towards lane 3. Often yacking to a passenger. ::)

During busy times though, it does seem theres an argument for not keeping left, as they won't be able to get back to the right again. But IMO, it only seems that way.

We all see miles of empty lane 1 between lorries. With 2 and 3 queuing patiently.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24 February 2013, 10:50:52 »

Have you ever noticed that when you get road works lane closures on the motorway, when they close the outside lane, traffic always slows/stops where the retards have to go the last yard before forcing their way in. >:(

But when they use the system of shutting the nearside lane, traffic keeps running and all nearside traffic is gone from that lane well in advance of the roadworks. They used that system on the M4 in Wiltshire when I was travewlling daily down that way, and the traffic, although busy, never stopped at all, just reducing to 50mph and we sailed through miles of roadworks :y

Why don't they use that system all the time. Nearside lane drivers will always change lanes well in advance, whereas outside laners, believe it is their right to see how close to the first cone they can get. >:(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.