Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Pre cat party.  (Read 13672 times)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: Pre cat party.
« Reply #30 on: 31 July 2013, 09:16:21 »

I have a MIG welder that can be used as well.

I don't have an Omega anymore but happy to come along and eat burgers and donuts watch and give encouragement  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #31 on: 31 July 2013, 13:09:44 »

I don't have an Omega anymore but happy to come along and eat burgers and donuts watch and give encouragement  :y
Looking like late September then ::)

Whilst I like the idea of that diet, I rather suspect it might cripple your time for the Iron Man course ::)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 31 July 2013, 14:11:08 »

The IM will be one by then and I will be on a month's rest and food debauchary ;D

omega3000

« Reply #33 on: 31 July 2013, 16:45:14 »

I don't have an Omega anymore but happy to come along and have the piz ripped out of my car watch and give encouragement  :y

+1

Fixed  ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 August 2013, 02:16:47 »

You need to try harder... Mine still only comes up when I have to drive like a saint :-X ::)

Oh, and if I am able to then I might come along, although driving any distance in September us probably out :'(
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01 August 2013, 08:42:12 »

Try filling it with shell vmax, and give it a little drive, day with out gas.
Hoof'land storeman.

chrisgixer

« Reply #36 on: 01 August 2013, 09:04:44 »

Guess who's engine light is now permenamtly on. ::)

I don't suppose there's any way of tweaking the ecu threshold setting...? No? Ok thought not. :(

Another question. Is it possible to smash the pre cat material out? Obviously this would mean removal of the cat section from that car, but is the honeycomb material brital enough to brake up with a long drift or chisel down downpipe and a large hammer...?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01 August 2013, 10:00:51 »

Yes is do able, you never get 100% of the catalyst out,best to cut the box and then remove the honeycomb, but the light would probably stay on as the gases are still out of scope,for the lamda, but having never done cat surgery on a pre cat not 100% sure.
Hoof'land storeman.

chrisgixer

« Reply #38 on: 01 August 2013, 13:00:59 »

Yes is do able, you never get 100% of the catalyst out,best to cut the box and then remove the honeycomb, but the light would probably stay on as the gases are still out of scope,for the lamda, but having never done cat surgery on a pre cat not 100% sure.

Mmmmyeah, I don't really want to weld it tbh. Although that could mean the cat section would stay in place/on the car I suppose. :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #39 on: 01 August 2013, 14:37:57 »

Volunteer mine for that experimental procedure :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #40 on: 02 August 2013, 11:52:28 »

Ok guys, I've ad a text from Serek.

He suggests he may be able to sort a date one Sunday next month.

Hopefully Mark and the rest of us will be available. :y

Thanks Serek. :)

ted_one

« Reply #41 on: 02 August 2013, 14:06:12 »

Hopefully in a week or so we're going to have a go at doing mine as I've got two cars that need fixing,I got the bosses from Egay and I was thinking it might be a good idea to have a couple of spare Lambdas on stand by...just in case ::) we've got the use of a lift,plasma cutter etc  and a very very nice man who is going to do them at mates rates :y....well you did'nt think I was going to do them myself did you? :o ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #42 on: 18 August 2013, 08:05:36 »

Spoke to biggriffin at the Wycombe meet, he had a message from Serek for us, who sadly could not attend the meet due to work commitments.

But I'm not sure i fully remember the conversation correctly so rather than guess and mislead the thread, hopefully biggriffin can, and drop us a post in here when he's next on. :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18 August 2013, 08:44:03 »

i spoke to serek before i left, we need to arrange a date in september that we can all attend,a sunday it seems is best,also if enough people wish to attend a lokal snack van might be able to attend,unoffical meet maybe.
 i have a friend who is an exhaust fabricator/welder who iam trying to cagjol into being here(might be a beer token issue).
so it would then be a case off,how many members wish to arrive,
 and also a few weeks before for those wanting the surgery,to try and lossen/lubricate the lamdas to aid removal,
 o and dont for get to buy your bosses and plugs. and maybe some heat shrink and wire to extend the lamdas.
 the biggest problem i think we have is
1 welding plant.
2 how many will we be able to do.

theres bound to be other things that need to be addressed. :P
Hoof'land storeman.

chrisgixer

« Reply #44 on: 18 August 2013, 08:55:33 »

i spoke to serek before i left, we need to arrange a date in september that we can all attend,a sunday it seems is best,also if enough people wish to attend a lokal snack van might be able to attend,unoffical meet maybe.
 i have a friend who is an exhaust fabricator/welder who iam trying to cagjol into being here(might be a beer token issue).
so it would then be a case off,how many members wish to arrive,
 and also a few weeks before for those wanting the surgery,to try and lossen/lubricate the lamdas to aid removal,
 o and dont for get to buy your bosses and plugs. and maybe some heat shrink and wire to extend the lamdas.
 the biggest problem i think we have is
1 welding plant.
2 how many will we be able to do.

theres bound to be other things that need to be addressed. :P

Thanks Big. :)

But there was talk of a problem regarding plasma cutters and cats iirc...?

The general thinking behind the meet is to first look at the possibility of fitting bosses without removing the cats from the car, initially.

Mark has volunteered to do the work as far as that goes, and I've volunteered my car as Guinee pig, to see if its viable. The plan being to plasma cut the new hole for the boss, Weald in the new boss, swap lambda into the new position, bolt the plug into the old hole. Job done.

You mentioned a few problems with that In your message..?

Apologies, I'm in shift work jet lag mode currently. :(

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.