Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm really Sorry  (Read 10352 times)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
Re: I'm really Sorry
« Reply #15 on: 27 July 2013, 20:46:39 »

Christ, did not know they were that cheap these days  :o

Especially the petrol ones  :o

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 27 July 2013, 20:47:56 »

The Mk1 cars look almost as bland and tired as the first Superbs, dreary colours, non descript wheels, orange wood trim...

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 July 2013, 21:07:46 »

The Mk1 cars look almost as bland and tired as the first Superbs, dreary colours, non descript wheels, orange wood trim...

Much like Omega's then  :)

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 July 2013, 21:13:40 »

The Phaeton's are suprisingly similiar to the Flying Spur. They do indeed have the same chassis, but there are lots of cross-over parts, switches, clusters etc.
However, knowing it cost just over £9,000 to replace a Flying Spur gearbox I'd be hesitant about a bargain W12 Phaeton.
I'm not one to be worried about MPG, but the W12 really does drink the fuel. A Supercharged RR will get through the fuel, but I used to get through £20/£35 a day just running around in a Flying Spur.
I suppose a V6 Petrol Phaeton would be the bargain pick of the bunch.

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 July 2013, 21:27:39 »

Nice one.  :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #20 on: 27 July 2013, 21:51:48 »

Good on you mate :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

chrisgixer

« Reply #21 on: 27 July 2013, 21:52:38 »

Fair play Doz. Lovely car IMO.

Fancy doing a walk round video of all the gadgets..? :)

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 July 2013, 12:38:27 »

Fair play Doz. Lovely car IMO.

Fancy doing a walk round video of all the gadgets..? :)

I'll do one next year once I've worked out everything!!!! Mind you I may to do it as six 1 hour episodes  ::) ::)
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 July 2013, 12:41:15 »

The Phaeton's are suprisingly similiar to the Flying Spur. They do indeed have the same chassis, but there are lots of cross-over parts, switches, clusters etc.
However, knowing it cost just over £9,000 to replace a Flying Spur gearbox I'd be hesitant about a bargain W12 Phaeton.
I'm not one to be worried about MPG, but the W12 really does drink the fuel. A Supercharged RR will get through the fuel, but I used to get through £20/£35 a day just running around in a Flying Spur.
I suppose a V6 Petrol Phaeton would be the bargain pick of the bunch.

Lots of parts are marked as Bentley apparently. VW uses a much more traditional gearbox all be it 6 speed auto (X12 gets a 5 speed auto) so I don't think the gearboxes are cross over. Only engine is the W12.

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 July 2013, 12:59:03 »

What's the going rate for Wedding cars these days? Well she is a LWB thought she could earn her keep  :D :D

I know "how many left" isn't exactly right about the number of cars but it says there has only been 21 LWB 3.0 tdi's registered and going by the dates mine is the first one. Should I be worried  :-\ :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #25 on: 28 July 2013, 13:02:55 »

The only differences between swb and lwb are some 8" filler panels, a larger roof skin, larger door skins, longer exhausts/propshaft and a bit more trim :y

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 July 2013, 13:05:29 »

and your be surprised how much difference that makes to the rear leg room

05omegav6

« Reply #27 on: 28 July 2013, 13:18:48 »

11 centimeters ::)

Visually the difference is impressive :y at least it will stop the kids from putting their feet on the seat backs ::)

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 July 2013, 13:04:16 »

ooooh  :D I'm getting all excited. Just OOF to pick up the new motor. Will give you an update when I get home. I phoned the local VW dealer checking for recalls etc and he was gobsmacked by all the extra on the car. It was first registered to VW UK. We're not sure what for but she may have been a Press car. I also had the thought she may of been a demonstrator but apparently they are registered locally by the dealers. so anyway no recalls outstanding and the service history is to the letter of the law including brake fluid and coolant changes all done on time. Last major service done in March so I've got another 15 months or 18k miles before next one. TBH I never let the oil go that long even if it is longlife. I will look at changing the oil at halfway. I hope you lot still make me feel welcome. I find the VW forums a bit prickly for my liking    :y :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 July 2013, 14:42:08 »

ooooh  :D I'm getting all excited. Just OOF to pick up the new motor. Will give you an update when I get home. I phoned the local VW dealer checking for recalls etc and he was gobsmacked by all the extra on the car. It was first registered to VW UK. We're not sure what for but she may have been a Press car. I also had the thought she may of been a demonstrator but apparently they are registered locally by the dealers. so anyway no recalls outstanding and the service history is to the letter of the law including brake fluid and coolant changes all done on time. Last major service done in March so I've got another 15 months or 18k miles before next one. TBH I never let the oil go that long even if it is longlife. I will look at changing the oil at halfway. I hope you lot still make me feel welcome. I find the VW forums a bit prickly for my liking    :y :y

Welcome to the Phaeton and Omega owners forum, Doz........now known as POOF. ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.