Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: First gas - some issues  (Read 13348 times)

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
First gas - some issues
« on: 04 August 2013, 13:27:14 »

Finally got the (2nd hand) lpg kit fitted   :)
When I first started the car up again on petrol, and manually switched to gas, the red light on the level indicator came on, and the car cut out. I presumed this was because there was no gas, and saw it as a positive sign?
Got some gas into last night - £10 worth at 79.9 p/l - and drove to work. There was no switchover at any point, although I only drove a few miles from that point. On the drive home, about 12 miles in this case, there was still no switchover, so I used the manual button on the level indicator. It showed a green flashing light at the lowest point on the scale, indicating at least there was some gas, but there was no other indication that I was running on gas. The green light is fluctuating with red, and I'm guessing that either £10 is just enough to bring the tank out of the red, or the tank angle needs adjusted.
As recently pointed out, second hand kits may not be a wise idea, and although I trust the source of this one and it was taken from the same engine as mine, there is currently no diagnostic lead to make any 'enquiry'.
This is the indicator, but it is not Stag system so I appreciate ideas may be limited  :-\

[/url]
« Last Edit: 04 August 2013, 13:29:45 by jonny2112 »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: First gas - some issues
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2013, 13:42:16 »

What happens if you Force Start it on Gas, Ing. off, hold button down, Ing. on, wait more than 5 seconds, then start, all with the button held in at the same time.

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 August 2013, 13:45:41 »

Didn't know about that Chris - worth a try  :y
Back in 5!

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 August 2013, 14:57:23 »

Have had to take swmbo to the dreaded Tesco  :o

Had a quick go at the forced start but if I was doing it right, it didn't work. I'll have another go later.
When the car was ticking over, I pressed the button once and the level light came on. When I held the button down for a few secs, the orange light illuminated briefly before the car cut out. I thought I heard a full thud too from the rear at this point!
Wondering if its a fuel issue then? Surely £10 should be enough to have it running? Unless the tank does need adjusting.
I haven't smelt any gas which would suggest a possible leak, but guess I should go over all the connections again anyway. Should the system make any noise when operating?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 August 2013, 15:11:47 »

Have had to take swmbo to the dreaded Tesco  :o

Had a quick go at the forced start but if I was doing it right, it didn't work. I'll have another go later.
When the car was ticking over, I pressed the button once and the level light came on. When I held the button down for a few secs, the orange light illuminated briefly before the car cut out. I thought I heard a full thud too from the rear at this point!
Wondering if its a fuel issue then? Surely £10 should be enough to have it running? Unless the tank does need adjusting.
I haven't smelt any gas which would suggest a possible leak, but guess I should go over all the connections again anyway. Should the system make any noise when operating?

Would have thought 10 quid should be enough, no harm in putting more in if the tanks at the wrong angle.

When running on gas you should near the Injector Relay / Solenoids clicking bit like a noisy tappet (I assume its multi point), if you pull a connector of one of them whilst running it should cut out and stop running and throw a warning bleep(s), not sure if yours will automatically switch back to Petrol though.

Check it all over again, it might be something simple, could also be the Gas ECU has lost its correct configuration if its not seen 12V for a long time.
« Last Edit: 04 August 2013, 15:14:22 by zirk »

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2013, 15:48:36 »

Thanks for that. Could end up being a nightmare. Fingers crossed its not though.
Just pulled out of the parking bay at tesco and noticed a damp patch on the ground. Wasn't there when I parked  :-\

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2013, 15:50:27 »

Thanks for that. Could end up being a nightmare. Fingers crossed its not though.
Just pulled out of the parking bay at tesco and noticed a damp patch on the ground. Wasn't there when I parked  :-\

Well one things for sure it wont be LPG.

albitz

« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2013, 15:50:48 »

A/C on ? That will leave a damp patch when you park up.

albitz

« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2013, 16:09:15 »

Jonny.How/where have you plumbed in the coolant feed for the vaporiser ? If its done in such a way that the vap wont get hot water if the heater isn't on (as mine was) it will either switch on/off gas,or not switch over to it at all.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 August 2013, 16:16:43 »

Jonny.How/where have you plumbed in the coolant feed for the vaporiser ? If its done in such a way that the vap wont get hot water if the heater isn't on (as mine was) it will either switch on/off gas,or not switch over to it at all.

True enough Albs but it should still kick in on being force started, might run rough or crap out but should start.

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 August 2013, 16:21:19 »

No AC not working atm. Back to Ballyrobert tomorrow!

Tried again there but same result. When I got out of the car hearda  slight hissing from around the rear wheel. No smell of gas but did sound like a possible leak. Only for a short time so may be something else. Didn't seem like filler or tank, but under the car. there are no joins there though. Only one piece filler to tank pipe, and tank to vap. Again, one piece. May be unrelated.

Concerned about the ECU now. This is the plug

][URL=http://s877.photobucket.com/user/jonnyi2112/media/IMG_1349_zpsbcc63afb.jpg.html][/url]

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 August 2013, 16:27:23 »

Two pics??? D'oh!

Coolant feed was taken direct from the engine and returned to the hbv, 'in line' by removing the helter skelter.
On the donor it was plumbed differently, using t pieces before and after the hbv, but afaik the pipework is still the right way round.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 August 2013, 16:34:59 »

Does the Multivalve on the tank have a 'manual' shut off valve, i.e. a knurled wheel :-\
You wouldn't be the first bloke to try starting the car with the gas physically turned off! :-X
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 August 2013, 16:37:42 »

Does the Multivalve on the tank have a 'manual' shut off valve, i.e. a knurled wheel :-\
You wouldn't be the first bloke to try starting the car with the gas physically turned off! :-X

Mmmmmm. Good question! I'll check shortly. Normally is the tank open if the wheel is closed or vice versa? Guess that could be a tank dependant question though  ???
If there's a wheel I'll check both ways. That'd be easier I suppose  :-X

albitz

« Reply #14 on: 04 August 2013, 16:44:04 »

Normally anti clockwise to open it. :y
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.