Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Airmatic problems now  (Read 19213 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Airmatic problems now
« Reply #90 on: 02 March 2016, 10:47:42 »

Yep. And as they drive away the dealer will be thinking "Hope you enjoyed the good customer service, it won't be like that if you come back with a problem".

Mmm!? isn't that the case  >:(

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 02 March 2016, 11:32:23 »

I had a splendid dice with a Mercedes E-class in northern France in the 1990s. I was in a Senator 24v. We were not racing, but over 60 miles or so we passed each other several times, cruising in the 120s. I regarded Mercs as no better than Opels. Stuttgart taxis they were called in Germany, though in the UK they pretended they were superior.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 04 March 2016, 21:37:04 »

So ........  8)

apparently it was back from the body shop yesterday at close of play, they fitted the new strut this morning, gave it a 'dance test' followed by a road test and all OK.  :y (no idea ... I've not seen it)

I'd asked them to deliver it to my house ... I'm working all day over the weekend & couldn't get to collect it before next Thursday ..... they got half way to my house and ..............   the ESP came on!!!!!!!  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? Obviously done something to the ABS sensor or its wiring/plug  :-X

You really couldn't make it up. So much for a premuium car manufacturer's dealership  >:(

to be continued ............  ;D ;D

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #93 on: 04 March 2016, 21:41:24 »

So ........  8)

apparently it was back from the body shop yesterday at close of play, they fitted the new strut this morning, gave it a 'dance test' followed by a road test and all OK.  :y (no idea ... I've not seen it)

I'd asked them to deliver it to my house ... I'm working all day over the weekend & couldn't get to collect it before next Thursday ..... they got half way to my house and ..............   the ESP came on!!!!!!!  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? Obviously done something to the ABS sensor or its wiring/plug  :-X

You really couldn't make it up. So much for a premuium car manufacturer's dealership  >:(

to be continued ............  ;D ;D

Its not a Land Rover incognito is it?  ;D :-X

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 04 March 2016, 21:46:11 »

I've to keep looking at photo's to remind me what it looks like ...... it's now about 6 weeks since I first took it to MB  ???

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 04 March 2016, 21:55:55 »

I've to keep looking at photo's to remind me what it looks like ...... it's now about 6 weeks since I first took it to MB  ???

Go in armed with £100,000 to buy a new S-Class and the customer service may improve.

Sadly,most main dealers are dismissive of customers with older cars. They'd rather you didn't bother them. :-\

STEMO

« Reply #96 on: 04 March 2016, 22:03:14 »

Go in armed with £100,000 to buy a new S-Class and the customer service may improve.

Sadly,most main dealers are dismissive of customers with older cars. They'd rather you didn't bother them. :-\
Are you saying that Vauxhall dealers don't jump to attention when an omega appears on their forecourt?  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 04 March 2016, 22:08:52 »

Are you saying that Vauxhall dealers don't jump to attention when an omega appears on their forecourt?  ;D

Most of the whippersnappers don't know what an Omega is. ;)

Very few Omega owners use main dealers as the labour rates mean the service would cost more than the car is worth.

Hence OOF.......for the tightwads amongst us.  :-X

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 04 March 2016, 22:14:26 »

Can you fit a towbar to an S Class?  ;D ;D ...... Is £100k enough?  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #99 on: 04 March 2016, 22:17:13 »

Most of the whippersnappers don't know what an Omega is. ;)

Very few Omega owners use main dealers as the labour rates mean the service would cost more than the car is worth.

Hence OOF.......for the tightwads amongst us.  :-X
Tightwads? On here?  Who?

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 04 March 2016, 22:29:39 »

I`d be inclined to get Matt Alright and his team on them, totally shocking service  :o

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 04 March 2016, 22:34:34 »

..... totally shocking service  :o

No good is it? What p***es me off too is the fact I've done all the phoning ..... they've phoned me the odd few times, & I think that was only after MB Customer Services had got onto them.

05omegav6

« Reply #102 on: 04 March 2016, 22:46:17 »

Can you fit a towbar to an S Class?  ;D ;D ...... Is £100k enough?  :-\
Yes ::)

http://www.pfjones.co.uk/mercedes-s-class-2006-2013detachable-neck-tow-bar.html
 ;D ;D ;D

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 04 March 2016, 23:41:09 »

..... totally shocking service  :o

No good is it? What p***es me off too is the fact I've done all the phoning ..... they've phoned me the odd few times, & I think that was only after MB Customer Services had got onto them.

i`m totally dumbfounded by their lack of customer service, I think I`d be in jail by now  >:(

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #104 on: 04 March 2016, 23:49:06 »

Your whole saga is just unbelievable and unacceptable - I'm currently in the market for a replacement for SWMBOs Omega Estate, and was looking at Mercedes, 3, maybe 4 years old.  Your experience does very little to promote MB IMO.  Have to say that I've had company MBs a few years back and found the main dealerships ok (I used one in Colchester), obviously from your experience things have changed.

Pity Jaguar doesn't make a decent sized Estate, as I've found their aftersales/service excellent.
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.