Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ciggy Prices  (Read 3699 times)

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
Re: Ciggy Prices
« Reply #30 on: 27 August 2008, 00:56:52 »

dont know why we cant have a smoking room at the pubs like it used to be years ago tbh. then you could make your choice.

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 August 2008, 00:58:55 »

dont know why we cant have a smoking room at the pubs like it used to be years ago tbh. then you could make your choice.

Not just in pubs, everywhere. I think it is awful seeing groups of smokers outside of buildings smoking away and outside the gates of schools, got a bit silly imho.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 August 2008, 01:00:24 »

Not just in pubs, everywhere. I think it is awful seeing groups of smokers outside of buildings smoking away and outside the gates of schools, got a bit silly imho.
Agreed.

Just dislike the idea of having to walk through a fug of reek just to get into a place, never mind actually spend some cash once I get within....

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 27 August 2008, 01:02:32 »

i agree it has got silly, im glad i got out the pub trade b4 the ban came in. but as you say, the crowds outside shops etc is not nice to see.

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 August 2008, 01:23:01 »

I went to the bodies exhibit in New York and there were organs from smokers in there.....

.....glad I quit several years ago  :y

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27 August 2008, 01:35:23 »

Years ago, stag do's around this way were called 'smokers' mainly because the participants were locked in a room to get sh!tfaced over the course of the night on a barrell of beer supplied by the groom, and they supplied the smokes....  how things have changed - for the better, I may add....

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 27 August 2008, 06:16:34 »

I'm pleased to say that after sitting around smoking far too many when camping at the Lakes I haven't had one since, and don't miss it in the slightest.

On the subject of pubs, the only disadvantage of them becoming non smoking is that you can now smell all the other smells that were masked by the smoke. That's not a good thing in many cases. :-X

I think the more people become used to a smoke-free envionment the more offensive the smell, when you do smell it, IYSWIM. The office at work has the usual "bus shelter" at the other side of the car park but if you have the windows open when the wind's in the wrong direction...

I agree most establishments would be better off having a smoking room inside, maintained at negative pressure with a couple of decent extractor fans. That strategy works for toilets, after all. The pavements wouldn't be littered with dog ends then either.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Martin_1962

« Reply #37 on: 27 August 2008, 08:34:20 »

Smoking or drinking - smoking stinks, drinking doesn't

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 27 August 2008, 08:45:17 »

Does round here, after a few pints, I start Farting, and believe me I stink  ;D

mantahatch

« Reply #39 on: 27 August 2008, 17:18:17 »

Ahh, but more social problems are caused by drink than smoking. Fighting, throwing up in the street, urinating in the street etc.
I would rather step on fag buts than something someone has thrown up.
The smoking ban is the thin end of the wedge, smokers have been almost criminalised like drivers. The next target will be drinkers.
Before you support any ban, just think why are they doing this.

stuart30

« Reply #40 on: 27 August 2008, 18:24:11 »

Ahh, but more social problems are caused by drink than smoking. Fighting, throwing up in the street, urinating in the street etc.
I would rather step on f*g buts than something someone has thrown up.
The smoking ban is the thin end of the wedge, smokers have been almost criminalised like drivers. The next target will be drinkers.

Save ya breath mate...been there and it falls on deaf ears.

Apart from what you've quite rightly stated people also forget the drink drivers....ive never heard of someone loosing control of there car and killing innocent people due too having a cigi....wish the same could be said about drinkers.

Ok ok wildly off topic i know.... ;D

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 27 August 2008, 18:36:06 »

Apart from what you've quite rightly stated people also forget the drink drivers....ive never heard of someone loosing control of there car and killing innocent people due too having a cigi....wish the same could be said about drinkers.

I have, when it fell between thier legs.  :-/
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

stuart30

« Reply #42 on: 27 August 2008, 18:42:35 »

I have, when it fell between thier legs.  :-/

Ok well maybe the rare case then...but no doubt in the same percentage of somone sneezing and loosing control or terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tireding or following through after a curry ect ect ect. ;D

miggy

« Reply #43 on: 27 August 2008, 18:45:33 »

October 7th marks 28 years since I last had a f*g.

A smokers cough that just would not disappear, vanished within 2 weeks of giving up the dreaded weed.

Now I was a 30 a day man back in 1980, so I'll do the maths. 28x365x30 a day = 306,600 which I would have smoked but have'nt.

I don't know how much f*g money I would have saved, if I hadn't spent it all on booze, fast women, motorbikes and illegal substances. But thats another story.

I do remember that my last packet of fags, 20 Gold leaf, cost me the princely sum of 51p.

Has anyone noticed that certain f*g brands disappear. When I was young everyone seemed to smoke Players No.6, or Players No.10 if they were short of cash.

As kids we used to buy the cigarettes in the prettiest packets. Carlton (purple). Consulate. And when we were feeling daring we would buy a packet of Capstan Full Strength, which used to blow your head off.

Anyone know if any of these brands still exist? Anyone tried giving up, and failed or succeeded? :) :)

Not had a ciggy since January, still get the feeling for one though

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
  • im like an expensive watch - i get wound up easily
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 27 August 2008, 18:56:11 »

thank the lord i never started, i have always hated the smell from my parents when they smoked and now my daughter is the same as me - hates her mums smoke !
yet another miserable day in rip off britain !!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.