Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Within 5 years ordinary people will not have the right to fly.  (Read 2125 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Within 5 years ordinary people will not have the right to fly.
« Reply #60 on: 24 August 2022, 19:21:01 »

Or Flo Rida.  That certainly ticks many boxes.

Oh yes. If I was younger and not tied down, Florida would tick many boxes for me right now. One of the biggest draws is the Governor Ron deSantis.

Here he is yesterday calling out the woke ESG globalists.  :y :y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFjCBtuX-v0

ESG or Environmental Social Governance is one of the factors in the lack of investment in North Sea oil and gas in recent years, and is partly responsible for the decline in domestic production and the increase in imports of oil and gas which only increases our trade deficit, weakens Sterling, making imports more expensive, increasing our trade deficit... etc, etc

More green madness!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 24 August 2022, 19:30:55 »

The question isn't so much what's going on?  But rather is it genuinely a contrived ploy,  or rather, a series of unfortunate coincidences?

So fair play to her for asking the questions,  but try not to be hysterical about it... After all, totally unreasonable is the new acceptable.

I don't want new acceptable or new normal come to that, I just want acceptable and normal, and above all I want to be freeeeeeeeeee!  :)
I take it you mean freeeeeeeeeeze?

Not me. I'm selling up and mean to own nothing and be happy!  :y

I'll find somewhere with a nice climate so I don't have to spend 80% of my income trying to keep warm, somewhere where they're not bothered about Net Zero and somewhere not infested with woke shitheads.  :)

Don't know where that place is yet.  :-\  Maybe it doesn't exist.  :(  I'll let you know!   :)

Barnsley. :)

I forgot to add beautiful women to my list.  Does that preclude Barnsley?  ???  :-\                                                       
None of these threads apply to Barnsley, we happily live in the past  :)
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 24 August 2022, 19:44:04 »

The question isn't so much what's going on?  But rather is it genuinely a contrived ploy,  or rather, a series of unfortunate coincidences?

So fair play to her for asking the questions,  but try not to be hysterical about it... After all, totally unreasonable is the new acceptable.

I don't want new acceptable or new normal come to that, I just want acceptable and normal, and above all I want to be freeeeeeeeeee!  :)

I'll find somewhere with a nice climate so I don't have to spend 80% of my income trying to keep warm, somewhere where they're not bothered about Net Zero and somewhere not infested with woke shitheads.  :)

Don't know where that place is yet.  :-\  Maybe it doesn't exist.  :(  I'll let you know!   :)

I forgot to add beautiful women to my list.  Does that preclude Barnsley?  ???  :-\                                                       

I'm guessing Barnsley doesn't have a rickety wooden jetty where I can sit in the sunshine with my fishing rod and a cooler full of beers?  ::)  :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 24 August 2022, 19:48:50 »

I'm guessing Barnsley doesn't have a rickety wooden jetty where I can sit in the sunshine with my fishing rod and a cooler full of beers?  ::)  :)
Erm........no :(
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 24 August 2022, 20:14:30 »

Erm........no :(

No. Probably doesn't get much sunshine either!  ;D

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 25 August 2022, 00:51:20 »

I can't be arsed to watch all of that, and I have to say that I've not read all responses. But my tuppence worth . . .

Back in the day, flying anywhere for whatever reason was unusual. I didn't fly anywhere until I was about 28.

Flying at 37,000 ft or so in an aluminium tube burning tons of fuel on each journey, is not eco-friendly, regardless of what the airlines say.

These days people expect to fly anywhere, for a few quid, AND get 5* service, and many are the same people that want to save the planet. It ain't gonna happen, and people don't like it.

I need to declare an interest. I hate flying. It's not aerophobia. I just hate the whole process. To and from airports. Getting ripped off at every opportunity. Lying staff about the reason for delays etc. I'd rather drive. Less than 1,000 km from Calais, I drive, and make the extra time for overnight stops. And, I'm sure my Volvo is more eco-friendly. And, I can buy stuff and just shove it in the back of the car.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 25 August 2022, 08:38:10 »

I can't be arsed to watch all of that, and I have to say that I've not read all responses. But my tuppence worth . . .

Back in the day, flying anywhere for whatever reason was unusual. I didn't fly anywhere until I was about 28.

Flying at 37,000 ft or so in an aluminium tube burning tons of fuel on each journey, is not eco-friendly, regardless of what the airlines say.

These days people expect to fly anywhere, for a few quid, AND get 5* service, and many are the same people that want to save the planet. It ain't gonna happen, and people don't like it.

I need to declare an interest. I hate flying. It's not aerophobia. I just hate the whole process. To and from airports. Getting ripped off at every opportunity. Lying staff about the reason for delays etc. I'd rather drive. Less than 1,000 km from Calais, I drive, and make the extra time for overnight stops. And, I'm sure my Volvo is more eco-friendly. And, I can buy stuff and just shove it in the back of the car.

Got to say that I more or less agree completely, last time we flew was 2019 ( Spain) the holiday was great but the airport experience in the UK was abysmal & has put me off for the foreseeable future. The " tin tent" has been worth its weight in gold and we have enjoyed visiting parts of the UK that we have never seen before.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 25 August 2022, 08:41:02 »

Well said that man. I might have made my last flight ever on the 8th March 2020.

But…. Like I said earlier a lot of countries have economies geared to tourists - a huge proportion of which arrive by plane. There is a vast industry behind that travel.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 25 August 2022, 09:37:30 »

Well said that man. I might have made my last flight ever on the 8th March 2020.

But…. Like I said earlier a lot of countries have economies geared to tourists - a huge proportion of which arrive by plane. There is a vast industry behind that travel.

The green zealots don't care about all that...  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 25 August 2022, 10:03:09 »

Doesn't stop them from travelling or owning second property all over the place  :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.