Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3146617 times)

Andy H, Rangie and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #3705 on: 16 November 2012, 21:35:23 »

Jumped started the dti and moved it from the back garden to the front garden, as part of the big clearance operation. The diggers and dumpers are due to arrive next weekend!  ;D ;)

Start OK with a jump?

I know the battery on it is goosed, so didn't even try to start it under it's own steam...

Hooked up the jump leads to the 3.2, which I then fired up and held at about 1500rpm (house brick  ::) ), then left if for just enough to to have a ciggie, to get some juice across.  2 cycles of the glowplugs and she fired on the turn of the key and immediately settled to a steady idle.  ;D

Considering I not been near her in over a month, I was chuffed with that.  Can't be that much wrong with the old girl.  :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

05omegav6

« Reply #3706 on: 16 November 2012, 21:52:47 »

8) Should be moved in by Christmas if the builders get a shimmy on :y

Even the most god awful grotboxes always somehow manage to needle a way into affection, and it's always the silliest of things, like starting first time after six weeks laid up, or getting set to scrap a car and discovering that the heated seats still work  ::)

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: 16 November 2012, 22:17:42 »

Even the most god awful grotboxes always somehow manage to needle a way into affection, and it's always the silliest of things, like starting first time after six weeks laid up, or getting set to scrap a car and discovering that the heated seats still work  ::)

Now that's a very pleasant thought Al, although I fear a tad optimistic.   :-\  Mainly because once the shell is up, I've got to do all the studwork, insulation, electrics, plumbing, the workbench, storage and ramps.  I'm that much of a perfectionist, that I doubt it will be complete by next Christmas!  ::)

You're bang on right about how cars get under your skin.  When I got this dti, I knowingly bought a tatty one as I wanted it purely as a workhorse... Somehow, an Irmscher front grill and front bumper have already been ear-marked for it!  How the hell did that happen?  :-\ ::)
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

albitz

« Reply #3708 on: 16 November 2012, 22:33:32 »

Now that's a very pleasant thought Al, although I fear a tad optimistic.   :-\  Mainly because once the shell is up, I've got to do all the studwork, insulation, electrics, plumbing, the workbench, storage and ramps.  I'm that much of a perfectionist, that I doubt it will be complete by next Christmas!  ::)

You're bang on right about how cars get under your skin.  When I got this dti, I knowingly bought a tatty one as I wanted it purely as a workhorse... Somehow, an Irmscher front grill and front bumper have already been ear-marked for it!  How the hell did that happen?  :-\ ::)

Because your a big tart. :P ;D

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: 16 November 2012, 23:01:11 »

I fitted the LC's exhaust trim........ it's only be waiting to be fitted for nearly 3 years.  ::) ::) Problem was it was stuck on the old back box and me having a hissy fit and throwing it down the side of the garage all that time ago didn't help  :-[ :-[ I had plans to do loads today but instead I lost hours fannying around with a lump of aluminium. Mind you it did get grit blasted and sprayed before being refitted.
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: 17 November 2012, 11:28:40 »

I fitted the LC's exhaust trim........ it's only be waiting to be fitted for nearly 3 years.  ::) ::) Problem was it was stuck on the old back box and me having a hissy fit and throwing it down the side of the garage all that time ago didn't help  :-[ :-[ I had plans to do loads today but instead I lost hours fannying around with a lump of aluminium. Mind you it did get grit blasted and sprayed before being refitted.

Keep going, don't lose your Mojo for it again!

martin42

« Reply #3711 on: 17 November 2012, 12:56:36 »

replaced the thermostat again on the cabby,1st 1 wasnt operating right,engine was running too hot around town,and also it caused a leak on the housing as the o ring supplied wasnt thick enough,so replacement was fitted today,thank god it takes less than 5 mins to do,also cleaned the maf and that has now made the engine alot more smoother and also cured a missfire on 1st start up of the day,and enjoying driving it,but do miss the extra bhp had tho :(

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: 17 November 2012, 18:12:15 »

did coil pack/leads and plugs on neighbours miggie 2.5 cdx only took hour to do-told him to join OOF :y :y :y
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: 17 November 2012, 18:23:49 »

did coil pack/leads and plugs on neighbours miggie 2.5 cdx only took hour to do-told him to join OOF :y :y :y

Be rude of him not too now! ;D Well Done! :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: 17 November 2012, 23:37:42 »

Tonite picked up 350ci engine block ready for stroker kit(383) for Rover YEH fun starts now!! ;D ;D ;D :y
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: 18 November 2012, 16:42:57 »

Rerouted the MV6 crank sensor (it was just slung on in the carpark last week). Changed the front pads.

On TBE, errr, not much. Oh yes, put spare crank sensor in boot ;D
Grumpy old man

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: 18 November 2012, 16:51:35 »

Changed the glow plugs on one of the wheesels, had a bum twitching moment when the rear plug went very tight but it came out ok :)
Retired

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: 18 November 2012, 17:17:27 »

Changed:

* The leaky rad and put 5 litres of Vx red stuff in.

* Two leaky leak-off pipes.

* The A/R bar bushes.
   Fitted the Powerflex Poly ones that've been sat on the workbench for nearly two years!

8)
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: 18 November 2012, 18:36:49 »

Not on my Omega .. but on the daughters Polo ..

Oil change
Filter change
Air filter change
Coolant flush and refill

then washed it, wife's clit and the Miggy ... feeling like a Kosovan right now  !!!!

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.