Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3143257 times)

VXL V6 and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #7200 on: 18 March 2014, 21:03:00 »

Given a choice I would have, but on paper the hatch only offer was too good to pass up. The reality is somewhat different  :'(

I have other issues with it, not directly the cars' fault, the walker was the final straw...

Trouble is the hatch has no rear headroom which is poor and the boot is limited.....but you know that now lol

05omegav6

« Reply #7201 on: 18 March 2014, 22:04:38 »

Given a choice I would have, but on paper the hatch only offer was too good to pass up. The reality is somewhat different  :'(

I have other issues with it, not directly the cars' fault, the walker was the final straw...

Trouble is the hatch has no rear headroom which is poor and the boot is limited.....but you know that now lol
Yup :P

I've had an Insignia estate side by side with an Omega and Vectra C estate with a tape measure, the Omega is obviously largest, but nothing between the other two :-\

The Vectra C saloon gives an Omega saloon a pretty good run in the boot stakes, didn't think the Insignia hatch was that much of a compromise tbh... hey ho... just need to shift it and find a suitable replacement  :y

cd 2.2

« Reply #7202 on: 18 March 2014, 22:05:54 »

Thought about hitting it with a big stick  ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: 18 March 2014, 22:07:07 »

Yup :P

I've had an Insignia estate side by side with an Omega and Vectra C estate with a tape measure, the Omega is obviously largest, but nothing between the other two :-\

The Vectra C saloon gives an Omega saloon a pretty good run in the boot stakes, didn't think the Insignia hatch was that much of a compromise tbh... hey ho... just need to shift it and find a suitable replacement  :y

Shame as you were quite pleased with it, as a working vehicle, when we chatted at the weekend
:(

05omegav6

« Reply #7204 on: 18 March 2014, 23:22:37 »

It's pleasant enough, but I haven't really taken to it still not used to the electronic hand brake, and the driving position isn't great allowing for passenger space, and to have had an issue with two otherwise straightforward jobs on Monday. I would struggle to get a wheel chair in it realistically, especially plus shopping, let alone luggage :-\

The economy is bang on what I was expecting, and for what was effectively a new car, it couldn't have been better value :-\ The hatchback was always going to be a compromise, I simply didn't realise just how much...

Yasmine Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: 19 March 2014, 00:36:16 »

today i finally managed to take the interior out of the estate. the difficult part was trying to get power to the front seats to move them back and fourth to get to the bolts. why did the wiring loom catch fire, soooooo much hassle. also removed the lights etc. good news is that most parts will go one to friends to upgrade their meggas and manual gearbox to is gong to be used in some sort of conversion. gonna stick the front seats into my van. the sheel should be going to scrappers on thursday.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #7206 on: 19 March 2014, 15:40:33 »

Rotated the tyres on the Terracan, very little wear on the rears after 11,000 miles & the front showing normal wear  on the outside edge, got to look after the pennies as I semi retire on the 1st of April..

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: 19 March 2014, 16:08:21 »

x2 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 XL 235/45/17 Tyres fitted for the rear :y

cd 2.2

« Reply #7208 on: 19 March 2014, 17:55:40 »

Spent the ENTIRE day trying to pinpoint what's causing this idiotic misfire! Had the coil pack in and out several times ... theres no oil in the plug wells and no cracks in the coil pack ! No fault code (at local garage on their code reader) and no EML on, it's getting so frustrating knowing that there is a problem and the only way to rule out the coil pack is to replace it for £109 + vat  >:(   Fed up day  :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #7209 on: 19 March 2014, 19:38:05 »

Spent the ENTIRE day trying to pinpoint what's causing this idiotic misfire! Had the coil pack in and out several times ... theres no oil in the plug wells and no cracks in the coil pack ! No fault code (at local garage on their code reader) and no EML on, it's getting so frustrating knowing that there is a problem and the only way to rule out the coil pack is to replace it for £109 + vat  >:(   Fed up day  :-\

How old are the plugs?

05omegav6

« Reply #7210 on: 19 March 2014, 19:45:15 »

This mostly...

Spot the difference... a bit more wiring done 8)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: 19 March 2014, 19:54:14 »

Are they legal? Or is there a rather great fuse to disable all plod?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: 19 March 2014, 19:54:43 »

And is this going back as a taxi? ;D
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #7213 on: 19 March 2014, 20:00:10 »

And is this going back as a taxi? ;D
;D
Sadly not :'( I dropped a bollock and transfered the plate off it rather than suspending it because I am retarded :-[

Are they legal? Or is there a rather great fuse to disable all plod?
They're no less legal than reflective blue stickers ::)

Vascar will be off said fuse, so unplugging the control box will suffice, as it won't matter which buttons you press, the relay feed circuits will all be closed :y

Will pop a video up when Photophucket has finished uploading it next month ::)

cd 2.2

« Reply #7214 on: 19 March 2014, 21:55:07 »

How old are the plugs?

Twelvety billion years old by the looks of them  :D Need to change them Tbh just not sure what's best to use, currently it has fitted NGK R twin point jobs ... They look like these http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Vauxhall_Omega_2.2_2003/p/car-parts/engine-parts/ignition1/spark-plug/?408771710&1&df4a6c63d8286656bb2c22979275b7dec25a882f&000301
Apart from VERY old

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.