Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3146885 times)

The Sheriff

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #9300 on: 14 January 2015, 18:41:20 »

When I went to get my tyres the other day, a woman was picking up her car, which had passed its mot with one advisory.......smelly hanging in the windscreen. The tester had removed it but told her it could be a fail if she took it anywhere else.
Common sense or good salesmanship...I don't know.
If only all testers were like this.........

05omegav6

« Reply #9301 on: 14 January 2015, 18:44:49 »

When I went to get my tyres the other day, a woman was picking up her car, which had passed its mot with one advisory.......smelly hanging in the windscreen. The tester had removed it but told her it could be a fail if she took it anywhere else.
Call me cynical, but they probably have a sales display next to the till... strategically placed in order to sell them to people who have just had theirs removed by the resident friendly MoT testers ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9302 on: 14 January 2015, 18:50:23 »

Call me cynical, but they probably have a sales display next to the till... strategically placed in order to sell them to people who have just had theirs removed by the resident friendly MoT testers ::)

What I did notice about my local garage today was a big "good garage scheme" poster.. next to a poster advertising some snake oil.

He was pouring some potion into a car in the workshop when I arrived, too. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9303 on: 14 January 2015, 18:51:32 »

Replaced the rear screen on my estate as some knobhead decided to smash it last night
Lucky enough i had a replacement rear screen in the shed waiting to be fitted to the new and freshly painted tailgate i have, but i needed to secure the car.
God help who ever is responsible should i ever find out. >:(
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

The Sheriff

« Reply #9304 on: 14 January 2015, 18:53:23 »

Replaced the rear screen on my estate as some knobhead decided to smash it last night
Lucky enough i had a replacement rear screen in the shed waiting to be fitted to the new and freshly painted tailgate i have, but i needed to secure the car.
God help who ever is responsible should i ever find out. >:(
What will you do to them, Gary? Make them watch Fulham?

omega3000

« Reply #9305 on: 14 January 2015, 18:57:10 »

What I did notice about my local garage today was a big "good garage scheme" poster.. next to a poster advertising some snake oil.

I have heard of this term but unfortunately dont know what it means ?

Anyone  ??? :-\ :-\

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9306 on: 14 January 2015, 18:57:26 »

Hell no mate, liverpool. now thats real torture. :o
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

The Sheriff

« Reply #9307 on: 14 January 2015, 18:58:18 »

Oil of snake or snake oil. Most garages will willingly sell you some, if you ask. :y

The Sheriff

« Reply #9308 on: 14 January 2015, 18:58:42 »

Hell no mate, liverpool. now thats real torture. :o
Cheeky..... ;D

omega3000

« Reply #9309 on: 14 January 2015, 19:00:23 »

Oil of snake or snake oil. Most garages will willingly sell you some, if you ask. :y

WT ? Something like say tesco own brand engine oil  ???

The Sheriff

« Reply #9310 on: 14 January 2015, 19:02:03 »

WT ? Something like say tesco own brand engine oil  ???
Don't you own a google?

omega3000

« Reply #9311 on: 14 January 2015, 19:09:23 »

The term "snake oil salesman" refers to a person that is pushing a product that is deemed to be overhyped at best, and fraudulent at worst. 

Excellent  ;D

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #9312 on: 14 January 2015, 19:28:50 »

The term "snake oil salesman" refers to a person that is pushing a product that is deemed to be overhyped at best, and fraudulent at worst. 

Excellent  ;D

Brendan Rogers personnified  ;)
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

The Sheriff

« Reply #9313 on: 14 January 2015, 19:30:38 »

Excellent  ;D

I don't know about overhyped, but they are certainly over Everton.  :P

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #9314 on: 14 January 2015, 19:34:07 »

Excellent  ;D

I don't know about overhyped, but they are certainly over Everton.  :P

From what I hear he spends plenty of time over a local drag queen :o
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.