Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3146242 times)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #9420 on: 02 February 2015, 07:44:30 »

I find Joffs post extremely disturbing as to the fact that he left the keys to his Irmy some where that SWMBO(now at all times) found them and actually drove it AND made the car dirty,this must constitute at the least gross negligence on his part and therefore he will have to be drummed out of the regiment......naughty boy!!  ;D :y

I had been up all night working, she had been using my little van all week for work as she broke her Discovery the week before and I had not had time to fix it (MV6 Irmy needed attention first). It will not happen again. The keys to the Elite were on the side too !!! Why did she not take that, cos that needs a wash too. Think the hose will have to come out today.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: 02 February 2015, 08:34:51 »

Failed an MOT. 'dangle berries'.

On the upside, it didn't fail it as badly as expected!
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #9422 on: 02 February 2015, 11:12:35 »

The mumsy bus?

The Sheriff

« Reply #9423 on: 02 February 2015, 11:30:36 »

The mumsy bus?
Perm any one from three. They're all wrecks  ;D

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: 02 February 2015, 16:32:26 »

Got a few parts for future work on the MV6, then put my overalls on to look at the wife's Disco TD5. On dropping the sump as it had no oil pressure (oil warning light on all the time) I found bits of metal in the sump. Oil pump off and number 2 cylinder has wiped the big end bearing. Now have a dead engine with 215,000 on the clock.

Looks like the next few months will be spent rebuilding the spare TD5 engine I have in the garage with only 85,000 on it. Then put that in when the weather warms up.

Looks like she is going to get the keys to the Elite for a bit.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9425 on: 02 February 2015, 18:27:18 »

Got a few parts for future work on the MV6, then put my overalls on to look at the wife's Disco TD5. On dropping the sump as it had no oil pressure (oil warning light on all the time) I found bits of metal in the sump. Oil pump off and number 2 cylinder has wiped the big end bearing. Now have a dead engine with 215,000 on the clock.

Looks like the next few months will be spent rebuilding the spare TD5 engine I have in the garage with only 85,000 on it. Then put that in when the weather warms up.

Its nice to have a spare car, isn't it :)

A bit grim, though, when they are all broken, which happens with frightening regularity, as STEMO surmises, that bastid ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: 02 February 2015, 18:28:42 »

The mumsy bus?
Yup. Bullet left down there for MOTing tomorrow. Here's hoping hes too blind/busy to look too hard as I think it may need a bit of old fridge door welding in  :-[
Grumpy old man

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: 02 February 2015, 18:45:38 »

A bit grim, though, when they are all broken, which happens with frightening regularity, as STEMO surmises, that bastid ;D

My hobby is keeping the fleet on the road, but this winter has seen a few let downs. I got my little van at the right price just before Christmas and it has been a god send, the arrival of the MV6 was very welcome as the Elite is due an MoT this month, so I must get on and check that over next week.

WiM in the morning with the Irmy MV6 so apart from a few small jobs on that it's 99% now.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: 02 February 2015, 18:59:50 »

Yeh, ain't that the truth!

The Sheriff

« Reply #9429 on: 02 February 2015, 19:22:54 »

Both of our cars will be going for MOT's during half term. A piece of French shite and a daewoo. Both will pass....without advisories.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: 02 February 2015, 19:52:16 »

Both of our cars will be going for MOT's during half term. A piece of French shite and a daewoo. Both will pass....without advisories.

You hope :y

The Sheriff

« Reply #9431 on: 02 February 2015, 20:00:18 »

You hope :y
I hope.... ;D

I'll have to say they did now anyway..... ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #9432 on: 02 February 2015, 20:19:15 »

Anyone got a couple of smelly dangly bits they can send to Stemo? ::)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: 02 February 2015, 20:21:21 »

MINDBLEACH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-X :-X :-X

The Sheriff

« Reply #9434 on: 02 February 2015, 20:24:35 »

MINDBLEACH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-X :-X :-X

;D ;D ;D Don't you start, Nige.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.