Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3143704 times)

Andy B and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.

05omegav6

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #10380 on: 09 June 2015, 21:46:49 »

Should probably check the fluids on the white one... Done nearly a thousand miles in the last month :o

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: 09 June 2015, 23:20:52 »

Over the past few days just a load of random small jobs... Rear door card off sorted a squealing window problem, Put some fabric tape around the door pins seems to have done the trick so far, Changed the MAF, Changed the door festoon bulbs for Osram LED 4000k bulbs a subtle differance, Replaced reverse lights with Cree P21W 80W bulbs (the difference is quiet something), Replaced the rear indicator bulbs with PY21W Philips Xtreme Vision LED bulbs (also an improvement especially with the lamp lenses being white you need a good strong bulb especially on a bright sunny day with the amount of idiots on the road, Plus the flash pattern is more alerting instant off/on much safer if you broke down needing to use the hazards), Fitted a new boot net/holder, Gliptone leather scented air fresher fitted in the rear...probably forgot a few things.

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: 10 June 2015, 13:12:39 »

Over the past few days just a load of random small jobs... Rear door card off sorted a squealing window problem, Put some fabric tape around the door pins seems to have done the trick so far, Changed the MAF, Changed the door festoon bulbs for Osram LED 4000k bulbs a subtle differance, Replaced reverse lights with Cree P21W 80W bulbs (the difference is quiet something), Replaced the rear indicator bulbs with PY21W Philips Xtreme Vision LED bulbs (also an improvement especially with the lamp lenses being white you need a good strong bulb especially on a bright sunny day with the amount of idiots on the road, Plus the flash pattern is more alerting instant off/on much safer if you broke down needing to use the hazards), Fitted a new boot net/holder, Gliptone leather scented air fresher fitted in the rear...probably forgot a few things.

Where did you get them from?
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: 10 June 2015, 13:47:30 »

Been for a decent run to see if I could make that piggin gearbox cooler pipe leak ............. and failed  :y :D :D

Also the first time i've had chance to go for a hard play  steady drive well within the speed limit laws WITHOUT passengers and the big bloody dog in the back and check out how the mig really handles now i've rebuilt most of the suspension  ;)

Lets just say there is some  BMW 335 yuppy idiot around these parts with a new found respect for the omega  8) ;D

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: 10 June 2015, 15:10:01 »

Where did you get them from?

eBay, But they are probably available elsewhere such as Amazon or possibly halfords etc...
Link
The door lights are the 38mm festoon sized bulbs, The boot light is a 42mm festoon if I recall, Their not exactly cheap though mind but I didn't fancy the cheap Chinese 99p bulbs  :y

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: 12 June 2015, 00:16:35 »

Removed the breather box, drilled of back plate cleaned it cut a thread in the rivet hole and taped that resealed the box and fitted it back on. Refitted the cam covers with new Vx gaskets and sealant. refitted DIS pack after clean and coil check. Still some work to do now having a beer :D
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: 12 June 2015, 07:52:45 »

Repainted the rear N/S wing and started a repair on the rear Irmy bumper... all in preperation for Billing :)

Might refurb the Elite wheels if I get the time and weather.... :)

On another note... No more oil leaks or water usage has been had since changing the HG's and resealing the camcover gaskets :)
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: 12 June 2015, 13:02:15 »

Tried to fix the coolant warning.

First problem was the plastic penny "washer" that holds the float in place had got into one of the other compartments.  After much shaking, filling/empty water and tedium, I got it out.  By this time, the magnet ring had become detached from the float.  The float, incidentally, is too big to be removed from the bottle.

So, after a lot of patience, managed to reattach magnet to float.

Float put on its shaft, "washer" pushed on, but no confidence it would stay in place, so a little heat just to slightly melt washer to shaft.  All looks good.

Refitted to car, filled up with coolant, turned on ignition, and 'dangle berries' and double 'dangle berries', error still there.

So I did what I should have done in the first place, rang up my local dealer, and a new coolant bottle and 5l of coolant will be on my doorstep on Monday.
Grumpy old man

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: 12 June 2015, 20:24:35 »

Yesterday did a monster commute from Cornwall to Nottingham - 512 mile round trip :(

The Omega didn't miss a beat but it took 4.5 hours to get there and 5 hours to get home again on top of a full(ish) day in the office

Something is whining quietly, I suspect the diff  :-\
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: 12 June 2015, 21:00:28 »

Swapped some wheels about... Now sitting on Sport Stars :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

05omegav6

« Reply #10390 on: 12 June 2015, 21:06:25 »

Swapped the wheels over on the black one... needs new wishbones added to the shit list... current ones are well past their best :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #10391 on: 12 June 2015, 21:07:50 »

Swapped some wheels about... Now sitting on Sport Stars :y
And looking good too :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: 12 June 2015, 21:18:20 »

Swapped the wheels over on the black one... needs new wishbones added to the shit list... current ones are well past their best :-\

And some welding  ::)

Good to see you today
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

05omegav6

« Reply #10393 on: 12 June 2015, 21:25:41 »

Likewise ;)

As for welding, that's nothing a bit of resin and underseal won't cure ;D :-X

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: 12 June 2015, 22:17:03 »

Removed the rear TD NS door card to refix the top retaining strip with Gorilla glue. Did the trick. Then replaced a leaking EGR gasket.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.