Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3144242 times)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #11430 on: 29 November 2015, 18:31:24 »

Not much today apart from waiting for the AA after the Omega broke down luckily in a safe place. The engine just cut-out after it got warm (presumably the common sensor problem i thought at the time) although the code the AA picked up was P0725 and later i checked also and the P0725 code was under transmission with the following message (Engine Speed Input Circuit) engine started up fine once it had cooled down, Likely cause would be the crank sensor going by these symptoms?  :-\
Yes  :y

Any idea how much VX charge for them?, I have a feeling their around £80 - £130

Edit: Looking here Link for a guide price, this one apparently is a genuine part at £73  :-\
« Last Edit: 29 November 2015, 18:35:19 by Mr.OmegaMan »

05omegav6

« Reply #11431 on: 29 November 2015, 18:49:51 »

Buy it from an actual dealer that you actually have to go to... last one I bought was £72 all in, no discount. :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #11432 on: 29 November 2015, 18:53:04 »

Buy it from an actual dealer that you actually have to go to... last one I bought was £72 all in, no discount. :y

Thanks Al that helps give me an idea on the damage :y, usually my VX dealer will give 10% discount so we shall see  :)

05omegav6

« Reply #11433 on: 29 November 2015, 18:57:49 »

Thanks Al that helps give me an idea on the damage :y, usually my VX dealer will give 10% discount so we shall see  :)
Ah, you finally got some sense out of them :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #11434 on: 29 November 2015, 19:05:00 »

Ah, you finally got some sense out of them :y

Took them long enough  ;D :y

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11435 on: 29 November 2015, 20:45:34 »

Phaeton did 220 mile journey and right at end suddenly decided to deposit the power steering fluid on the drive at Manchester house. RAC were brilliant but could not quite repair the corroded power steering line even on temporary basis. They took it on flatbed to VW Stockport and then took me to Manchester Airport to pick up  a..............Skoda Superb. In middle of all this my aunt in Glossop taken into hospital and my mother in nursing home in Staybridge tipped orange juice over her tv remote - everyone has priorities that need to be serviced!!!
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #11436 on: 30 November 2015, 12:22:17 »

Crank sensor for a 3.2, Normally £71.40 with VAT - Discount Price £55.34 with VAT  :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11437 on: 30 November 2015, 14:17:36 »

I've been meaning to paint the replacement door mirrors for some time, so this morning I taped the shells to various bits of wood, clamped those in the workmate and mixed some paint. The silver basecoat went on nicely. 30 minutes later, I mixed some clear, and halfway through spraying the first part it started raining.  So now I have three nicely finished parts, and one(the main N/S cover >:( ) that will need flatting and repainting.

I'm going for a beer.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11438 on: 30 November 2015, 16:48:23 »

Not much today apart from waiting for the AA after the Omega broke down luckily in a safe place. The engine just cut-out after it got warm (presumably the common sensor problem i thought at the time) although the code the AA picked up was P0725 and later i checked also and the P0725 code was under transmission with the following message (Engine Speed Input Circuit) engine started up fine once it had cooled down, Likely cause would be the crank sensor going by these symptoms?  :-\
Absolutely.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11439 on: 30 November 2015, 16:50:29 »

3.2's normally take cheaper cranksensor, usually around £55 on TC by time VAT is added in.

Never, ever buy from any other source, no matter how genuine it claims to be - far too many fakes out there.
Grumpy old man

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #11440 on: 30 November 2015, 16:56:28 »

3.2's normally take cheaper cranksensor, usually around £55 on TC by time VAT is added in.

Never, ever buy from any other source, no matter how genuine it claims to be - far too many fakes out there.

Ordered over the phone with VX for £55 earlier, It should be available to pick up tomorrow  :y ...Just need the weather to behave now.

Jsp

• Finland
    • Opel Omega B Wagon V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11441 on: 30 November 2015, 17:03:56 »

.....I added rubber floor mats for winter?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11442 on: 30 November 2015, 17:18:02 »

Ordered over the phone with VX for £55 earlier, It should be available to pick up tomorrow  :y ...Just need the weather to behave now.
Last one I did was in the phishing rain on a cold November night in the NEC carpark.  I wanted to tow it home, but she broke my towpole within 10 yards, so had to fix it there :(
Grumpy old man

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #11443 on: 30 November 2015, 17:28:28 »

Last one I did was in the phishing rain on a cold November night in the NEC carpark.  I wanted to tow it home, but she broke my towpole within 10 yards, so had to fix it there :(

Typical  :(

It's always the same, These problems couldn't just happen on a warm dry Summers day  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11444 on: 30 November 2015, 17:34:32 »

Typical  :(

It's always the same, These problems couldn't just happen on a warm dry Summers day  ::)
Oh, I've had one happen in glorious weather...  ...about 20 miles outside Dijon on the A31.

But no spare.
Grumpy old man

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.