Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3146063 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #12060 on: 20 February 2016, 09:59:33 »

This wouldn't have been a big deal, but being the front, a 15" spare will barely clear the disc, let alone the caliper :-X so had to change two wheels at the side of the A3...
So what have you learnt from this*

* Using the management bullshit I have to use on a daily basis and pretend I believe in and agree with, just because I'm on school report for suggesting otherwise.

Love a bit of winkword bingo! ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12061 on: 20 February 2016, 11:06:39 »

Had the nice Europeans at Tesco wash and polish my 3.2 for a tenner without damaging the side trim as in the car wash. :y

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #12062 on: 20 February 2016, 13:27:22 »

First 2 alloys finished in anthracite ready for the new rubber on monday  :) They turned out really nice , just got to re stick the centre emblems on the centre caps ... mite use some epoxy resin  :-\
Omegatitis

05omegav6

« Reply #12063 on: 20 February 2016, 16:46:00 »

This wouldn't have been a big deal, but being the front, a 15" spare will barely clear the disc, let alone the caliper :-X so had to change two wheels at the side of the A3...
So what have you learnt from this*

* Using the management bullshit I have to use on a daily basis and pretend I believe in and agree with, just because I'm on school report for suggesting otherwise.
I really need an 18" spare...
No wait, that's not it...
I know, leave home four hours earlier...

Yep, that's it, the second one :D

05omegav6

« Reply #12064 on: 20 February 2016, 16:51:12 »

Serviced the white one having embarrassingly realised that it was last done 14K miles/two years ago... Also had to change the front pads as they were starting to grind... At least I thought they were, but all evenly worn to about 6mm :-\ discs look ok too... Also swapped the coolant bottle for a working one, and gave it a good clean in and out ready for a viewing tomorrow...

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12065 on: 20 February 2016, 16:53:43 »

Had the nice Europeans at Tesco wash and polish my 3.2 for a tenner without damaging the side trim as in the car wash. :y

If this was Tesco's extra in Swindon.....you wanna try the European car wash at the Texaco garage at the Magic....£10 gets it washed and dried, inside cleaned as well and a dangly thing for the rear view mirror  :y And they do a good job  :) Ive tried most of them in Swindon an even tho being a cab can get it cleaned 1/2 price at another place.....always tend to go back to the Texaco garage  :y

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12066 on: 20 February 2016, 18:35:10 »

If this was Tesco's extra in Swindon.....you wanna try the European car wash at the Texaco garage at the Magic....£10 gets it washed and dried, inside cleaned as well and a dangly thing for the rear view mirror  :y And they do a good job  :) Ive tried most of them in Swindon an even tho being a cab can get it cleaned 1/2 price at another place.....always tend to go back to the Texaco garage  :y

Not washed the Elite since before Christmas before we went to Scotland, That's another job and the MoT is Due in March, not even done a service on it since last MoT, must pull my finger out over the next two weeks.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12067 on: 20 February 2016, 18:37:09 »

Drove it 2 or 3 miles to a friends house (as his garage is better/warmer than mine) to change the cam cover gaskets. Drove home several hours later having done nothing to it. A combo of distractions and CBA  :-[
Grumpy old man

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: 20 February 2016, 21:00:32 »

Sold it, so now Omegaless. Won`t be going far though :)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12069 on: 20 February 2016, 22:19:14 »

Useful, how much extra not to have the dangly thing? ::) :y

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12070 on: 21 February 2016, 06:36:56 »

Useful, how much extra not to have the dangly thing? ::) :y

Just remembered it now an Esso gararge!   And go for a green air freshener!  ;)

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #12071 on: 22 February 2016, 07:39:01 »

Washed the Monza and put it back to bed in its car cover until late next month

Keith ABS

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12072 on: 22 February 2016, 07:47:39 »

3.0 litre by any chance??
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12073 on: 22 February 2016, 10:04:29 »

Well went from Gloucester to Liverpool with trailer with the intention of buying an MV6 as it turned out from a member or ex member. I was feeling pretty rough but went anyway but what a huge disappointment probably the roughest omega around which was in stark contrast to the photos.I new it had no MOT but had only done 79000 and with lpg fitted plus the photos it seemed worth a punt at £450.So if anyone should get tempted here are the good and bad bits Good well the lpg works and the wheels and interior leather were ok , Bad well everything else bodywork small dents and surface rust just everywhere,moss and mould everywhere too. I won't give full registration but it starts Y,,,KAX. The perils of trying to buy a car still the good news,new tow bar worked a treat

2boxerdogs

« Reply #12074 on: 22 February 2016, 12:28:53 »

Quick trip down to the smoke & back in the Merc & I mean quick ! Not bad though 253 miles & 50 litres so 23 MPG.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.