Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3123268 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #23145 on: 13 December 2021, 19:38:45 »

I do, but it is almost as old as Tunnie and won't stop a bleed on blood thinners.

Besides, you can't use plasters any more in case wound is allergic :-X
allergic to what  :-\ a plaster  :-\
Had it been a serious "life threatening or life changing" injury then the patient would have been treated promptly (within a few hours)  ;)
Unfortunately Hospitals are full of non vaccinated or careless pesky "time wasters" with that minor Covid illness  ::)

Buying an "in date" first aid kit and researching the risks of blood thinners and first aid treatments might be wise in the current climate .

At least until all those pesky Covid infected people find other things to do other than drain NHS resources  :-X

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23146 on: 13 December 2021, 19:42:21 »

I do, but it is almost as old as Tunnie and won't stop a bleed on blood thinners.

Had it been a serious "life threatening or life changing" injury then the patient would have been treated promptly (within a few hours)  ;)
Unfortunately Hospitals are full of non vaccinated or careless pesky "time wasters" with that minor Covid illness  ::)

Buying an "in date" first aid kit and researching the risks of blood thinners and first aid treatments might be wise in the current climate .

At least until all those pesky Covid infected people find other things to do other than drain NHS resources  :-X
Builders just put the affected finger in some 'muck', black mortar usually stops the bleeding and dries the wound up sufficiently to attend the pub office at 5 o'clock sharp.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23147 on: 13 December 2021, 19:46:57 »

Builders just put the affected finger in some 'muck', black mortar usually stops the bleeding and dries the wound up sufficiently to attend the pub office at 5 o'clock sharp.
indeed  ;D
Cement, flour, plaster ....
anything dry will do  ;)
if it really hurts then wrap with insulation tape or gaffa tape (depending on size of injury) and seek fast pain relief (5 pints of "wife beater" and a few chasers) 

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23148 on: 13 December 2021, 20:25:45 »

Had it been desperately urgent, then and Ambulance would have been called. The only waste was the twenty mile round trip to be told that the minor injuries cba.

A&E on the other hand was barely half an hour in and out...
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23149 on: 13 December 2021, 20:35:03 »

Had it been desperately urgent, then and Ambulance would have been called. The only waste was the twenty mile round trip to be told that the minor injuries cba.

A&E on the other hand was barely half an hour in and out...
Had it been desperately urgent then waiting for an ambulance right now with everything going on may not be that wise  :(
If you can get the patient safely to hospital
ambulance waiting times 5+ hours in some cases
unless the patient is not breathing ,in which case CPR whilst waiting for an ambulance

it's those pesky Covid patients messing it all up again  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23150 on: 13 December 2021, 20:39:11 »

And not all the Doctors working two day weeks from home...  ::)

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23151 on: 13 December 2021, 20:44:06 »

Yep they ask that question, as i was when i had my booster jab earlier today, when i said i wasn't allergic to plasters the nurse slapped one on  :y Too worried about the NHS getting sued i guess  :-\
  when your arm turns green and drops off  ::)
« Last Edit: 13 December 2021, 20:46:43 by TD »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23152 on: 13 December 2021, 20:48:18 »

Yep they ask that question, as i was when i had my booster jab earlier today, when i said i wasn't allergic to plasters the nurse slapped one on  :y Too worried about the NHS getting sued i guess  :-\
  when your arm turns green and drops off  ::)
If it takes longer than 28 days, it's nowt to do with the hospital  ;D
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23153 on: 13 December 2021, 20:54:26 »

And not all the Doctors working two day weeks from home...  ::)
Doctors don't drive ambulances
that would be paramedics and ambulance drivers  ;)
The Doctors (with 7+ years of medical training ) are scared of the pesky Covid patients passing on their germs  :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23154 on: 13 December 2021, 21:03:25 »

You mean those pesky TCV patients who have to go to dedicated testing sites to get tested, as opposed the actual people with actual issues, that up until March last year, could have popped into the local surgery to get patched up ::)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23155 on: 13 December 2021, 21:20:11 »

You mean those pesky TCV patients who have to go to dedicated testing sites to get tested, as opposed the actual people with actual issues, that up until March last year, could have popped into the local surgery to get patched up ::)
Chinese Virus  patients also use ambulances and hospitals though (so they don't die)  ,and they are increasing in numbers again  ::)
If only there was a way to keep their numbers down  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23156 on: 13 December 2021, 22:37:13 »

Chinese Virus  patients also use ambulances and hospitals though (so they don't die)  ,and they are increasing in numbers again  ::)

There is Dave, all they need to do is drop our testing rate to the levels of other European countries and then our case rates would drop to similar levels as well.  :y   ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23157 on: 14 December 2021, 00:20:57 »

There is Dave, all they need to do is drop our testing rate to the levels of other European countries and then our case rates would drop to similar levels as well.  :y   ;D
The Trump approach then  :-\ ignorance is bliss

The trouble with that is piles of dead bodies smell after a few days

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23158 on: 14 December 2021, 02:34:34 »

The Trump approach then  :-\ ignorance is bliss

The trouble with that is piles of dead bodies smell after a few days

No it's just that in countries like Germany, people have been dying of normal things like flu, pneumonia, cancer, stokes, heart attacks, organ failure etc  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #23159 on: 14 December 2021, 06:58:55 »

A very large percentage of the children at the Uni where I work have all now been caught out
Everyone, which includes all staff, have been encouraged to get tested twice a week
We have an NHS testing site set up on campus for this
There is also an incentive to get tested twice a week, a £5 voucher to use at one of the catering outlets listed
Now they all want to travel home for crimbo, they have to get a negative test
Our posative cases are now going up hourly each day
As the kids have not been testing until now, the isolation period means none can travel until 23rd at the earliest.
they are all up in arms about it, esesially their flat mates as the entire flat has to isolate
Some flats have 16 students in them

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.