Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: no drive or reverse :( help needed urgent  (Read 6663 times)

steve78

• View Profile
Re: no drive or reverse :( help needed urgent
« Reply #90 on: 11 January 2010, 22:15:26 »

but i am going to get covered in oil yes lol :-[

sexydaz

« Reply #91 on: 11 January 2010, 22:18:38 »

You can remove the box without the torque convertor but the T/C MUST be removed and fully engaged within the bellhousing for re-fitting.
aye i was gonna add to my post and say the 15mm part of it as you will see in the haynes is how to correctly fit the tc prior to refitting box :y

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 11 January 2010, 22:21:28 »

Why?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 11 January 2010, 22:29:54 »

Why?
Because if the box is removed leaving the TC attached to the engine then ATF will escape from the TC I assume :-/
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

steve78

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 11 January 2010, 22:32:02 »

i thought that if you took it out with out tc the tc will leak oil as it has oil inside it,,, i been reading bits here and there and all a bit of a muddle

steve78

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 11 January 2010, 22:42:37 »

ok ill update you all tomorrow and annoy you all a little bit more :)    cheers for all ya help    i hope all goes great with out any hickups

sexydaz

« Reply #96 on: 12 January 2010, 20:51:09 »

how did yer get on today

steve78

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 12 January 2010, 21:23:26 »

hello every one,,
i had a better day today and got t,c of after gearbox and looking now i think i was worrying about nothing, t,c sounds complicated but was a dodle  you all prob laughing now lol
well heres a few pics [/img] its not jacked up great but it deff high enough to exchange the gearbox but do suffer from aching arms!!!!!!

well new start today and i had to get last 2 mounting bolts of i needed to get the exhuast system of , well down pipe but took whole lenth of as more room, snapped 2 bolts that went on to manifold but even tho i had this prob i stayed positive   
[/img]
so any way i got the box out and to my surprise there was about a liter of oil that leaked out and was controllerble but had to be quick !!
so as the box was out i shot of to exchange for new donner box and a 8 mm steel drill bit to drill out broken bolts to manifold!!!   after getting through the manifold and made 2 fresh new hole i see a crack on this grrrrrrrrrr
[/img] but not a big deal and glad i see the crack but then another crack
[/img]
does any one think this will be ok to use tomorrow as it is a hairline crack not open to make a problem but not wanna take it off again once its back on,  so tomoz im back under her and hope it goes all ok ,,, oh should gear selecter on the box be in park or dont it matter ? thanks steve
[/img]
« Last Edit: 12 January 2010, 21:26:20 by steveomega »

steve78

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 12 January 2010, 21:30:08 »

sorry every one i just re read my thread i just posted and it bit shabby but my excuse is im sitting at dinning table still covered in grease and atf fluid and my partner keeping on to get in bath as i stink. women just dont respect what we go through to fix things !!!!!  brb bath time as i been TOLD  :D

sexydaz

« Reply #99 on: 12 January 2010, 21:37:25 »

hmmm cracked manifold if its knacked it wants a new one,i didnt take the exhaust off to do mine and have you got another box with a tc and have you found the access hole for the bolts on the tc cos the tc has to be on the new box before you refit,the haynes tells you how to set the lever rod up and check the setting on the selector switch while its off the car you would think that the box will have been in park when they removed it from the donor so it should all just go back reversal of removal :)

steve78

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 12 January 2010, 21:57:37 »

yeah i think i get another from scrap yard, i was thinking as i got the 2L eco tech is it same manifold as front wheel drive?
i had a ok day and yes i found the access hole for the t,c and was just where you said it was i just never see it till i took box of but lesson learned i guess,.,.,. yes the box thats going in has a t,c on it so will use that one.the doner box has oil in it but i will change it but should i leave old oil in there as i need to warm it up before i change it dont i or could i drain it clean filter then as it not in the car yet just fill it up with the correct amount then fit the box in. 4,7 liters i think halfords told me. god if this dont work when it all back together im going to be sooooooooooo pissed lol   

is there any thing i should know as i put new one in ?
also i cleaned the breather pipe (metal) that goes from the block to the rocker cover and did notice a tiny tiny amount of yellowish oil among dryed up oil grease crap. cleaned it but not sure bout yellow stuff.

sexydaz

« Reply #101 on: 13 January 2010, 09:00:20 »

yeah i think i get another from scrap yard, i was thinking as i got the 2L eco tech is it same manifold as front wheel drive?
i had a ok day and yes i found the access hole for the t,c and was just where you said it was i just never see it till i took box of but lesson learned i guess,.,.,. yes the box thats going in has a t,c on it so will use that one.the doner box has oil in it but i will change it but should i leave old oil in there as i need to warm it up before i change it dont i or could i drain it clean filter then as it not in the car yet just fill it up with the correct amount then fit the box in. 4,7 liters i think halfords told me. god if this dont work when it all back together im going to be sooooooooooo pissed lol   

is there any thing i should know as i put new one in ?
also i cleaned the breather pipe (metal) that goes from the block to the rocker cover and did notice a tiny tiny amount of yellowish oil among dryed up oil grease crap. cleaned it but not sure bout yellow stuff.
could be wrong but i wouldnt of thought the manifolds will be the same,if your gonna clean the filters drain yer box off and clean the filter but dont put any oil in it as its just more weight to make your arms shake as yer holding it up and just make sure the tc is in the box fully before you lift it up to block for all your settings follow the haynes good luck :y

steve78

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 14 January 2010, 16:16:13 »

ok im nearly there  !!!!!!!!!!!   4days and still not done you say !
well i have had me probs but its all together with no bolts left over :)   but ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the last thing to do up was the linkage from the gear stick to the rod that connects to the box, ive lost the bolt and cant get it any where as it not a proper bolt if ya get me and vauxhall said thay have to get it from germany grrrrrrrrrrrrr   breakers had 6 omegas from v6 to 3,0 and a couple 2ltr but there all stacked on to other cars so cant get to them and they said it to much grief for 1 bolt, any ideas any one?????????????

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 14 January 2010, 17:37:17 »

Front wheel drive one will fit from either a 1.8 or 2.0 16v ecotec as they are the same

steve78

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 14 January 2010, 17:47:51 »

but will have to be auto yes?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.