Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: budget tyres...  (Read 14288 times)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Re: budget tyres...
« Reply #105 on: 24 January 2012, 20:45:28 »

Avon, Continental, Dunlop & Goodyear I've all had good experiences with these. I've also had excellent times with Accerlera tyres too, they're a good price and they really do grip well. Tyres I've had a terrible time with are: SUNNY (Scary), Sunew (better of the cheapest budgets), Autogrip (Scary), Clear (Very Scary), Fullrun (Proper brown trouser moments), there's loads more I've had a bad time with too.

Fullrun & Clear tyres being my main cause of concern, one of my 7 Series has at the back one Accerlera PH1 RH side (5mm), and a fullrun HP199 LH side (5.3mm) on the other side (odd tyres I know, but it was direct from a Chauffeur company and they will be changed). Anyway just this morning it happened, the road ahead was clear, little bit of drizzle in the air, but conditions were generally ok, a new Astra was absolutely welded to my arse end, anyway I decided enough was enough and I put my foot to the floor. I got upto 80 MPH on the runway, and the fullrun decided that it had, had enough of accelerating and decided it'd try and fling the left hand side of the car around on me, luckily I caught it just in time, as did the DSC, but it made me think how can they seriously get away with selling these tyres? I should also add this was on a completely straight road and the rear end came round. If you want to buy budgets go ahead. :-\ I'd take a decent branded Part Worn over any budget!
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

feeutfo

Re: budget tyres...
« Reply #106 on: 24 January 2012, 22:05:55 »

I get that point chrisg, but I was suggesting options named in my post that cost say £10 -20 more than the widow makers but yet are not premium tyres but are an acceptable budget/value new option. For eg Hankook/Avon/Cooper is 80 a corner new and is not a premium and would be my preference over a conti SC5 part worn. Unless you are calling the above choices a premium option, in which case I understand your post.
No experience of any of those. Same price range as F   F   F bah, can't even say the name...
...not all tyres work the same on all cars. As F****n's prove.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.