Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3099045 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #25185 on: 22 May 2023, 22:35:37 »

The Alabama Mumsybus could use a wash, but I really cba :-[
just soap it up when it next rains  :P

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25186 on: 22 May 2023, 22:35:45 »

…………
I said I'd turn up to an XJ meet in a couple of weeks.  I bet they are all busy polishing theirs.  Mine won't even see a sponge before I go ;D

Fair play for being like that, you turn up because you want to and the vehicles cleanliness doesn’t play a part. I’m the opposite, my car is rarely dirty for more than a couple of days, and even then it’s not really that dirty, just dusty. I know my neighbours say “he’s out there again cleaning his car”.  ::)  So yes, I’m a poser who turns up with a shiny car at a car meet/car service/mot etc and I even cleaned it before new tyres were fitted the other day, in the belief that they would be more careful with it because it was shiny.  ;D  Oh dear, I really should get a life and get out more.  ::)

And I thought I was 'one on my own' with my OCD...!!! Good to hear that there is someone else on my wavelength YZ250!!

Believe me you're not alone our vehicles are all spotless inside & out
can't have it any other way.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25187 on: 22 May 2023, 23:17:57 »

Took a bit longer than I expected but finished the auto to manual conversion on my E24 . Drove it in and out of the garage but will check a couple of things before a full test drive tomorrow .
Hope it was worth it .... ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25188 on: 23 May 2023, 00:26:55 »

looks gorgeous.  :y 8) 8)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25189 on: 23 May 2023, 10:13:12 »

looks gorgeous.  :y 8) 8)

Thank you Albs .. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25190 on: 23 May 2023, 12:43:52 »

…………
I said I'd turn up to an XJ meet in a couple of weeks.  I bet they are all busy polishing theirs.  Mine won't even see a sponge before I go ;D

Fair play for being like that, you turn up because you want to and the vehicles cleanliness doesn’t play a part. I’m the opposite, my car is rarely dirty for more than a couple of days, and even then it’s not really that dirty, just dusty. I know my neighbours say “he’s out there again cleaning his car”.  ::)  So yes, I’m a poser who turns up with a shiny car at a car meet/car service/mot etc and I even cleaned it before new tyres were fitted the other day, in the belief that they would be more careful with it because it was shiny.  ;D  Oh dear, I really should get a life and get out more.  ::)
I dont need to reply, because you already know you are very special, YZ ;D
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25191 on: 23 May 2023, 13:47:39 »

…………

I dont need to reply, because you already know you are very special, YZ ;D

;D :y

I currently have a VW Amarok courtesy car sat in my drive and it’s dirty. The urge to go and clean it is becoming overwhelming, and it’s not even my car.  ::)
You could drop yours off at my place, I’d run you to the station and then my OCD would force me to clean your car if it was dirty in my drive. Win win all round.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25192 on: 23 May 2023, 13:58:20 »

And on that note, what did I do today …….. I cleaned my wife’s car as mine isn’t here.  ;D  She wants me to paint her brake calipers at some point so that she can impersonate an S3.  ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25193 on: 23 May 2023, 15:18:42 »

And on that note, what did I do today …….. I cleaned my wife’s car as mine isn’t here.  ;D  She wants me to paint her brake calipers at some point so that she can impersonate an S3.  ::)
You'd have to cut four holes in the bumper and wedge four baked bean cans in there. Take the lids off first, empty out the beans and polish the cans. Oh, and take the labels off, they're a dead giveaway.  ;D
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25194 on: 23 May 2023, 17:07:11 »

You'd have to cut four holes in the bumper and wedge four baked bean cans in there. Take the lids off first, empty out the beans and polish the cans. Oh, and take the labels off, they're a dead giveaway.  ;D

It already has S3 front and rear bumpers and wheels from factory. On the drivers side the rear bumper has a profile line where you can cut the extra twin zorst opening, but that won’t be happening.
Take your point about the bean cans though.  ;D   :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25195 on: 23 May 2023, 17:30:46 »

It already has S3 front and rear bumpers and wheels from factory. On the drivers side the rear bumper has a profile line where you can cut the extra twin zorst opening, but that won’t be happening.

Only just noticed that the quad zorst profile is an insert so no cutting required. Still not happening though.  :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25196 on: 23 May 2023, 18:18:00 »

Only just noticed that the quad zorst profile is an insert so no cutting required. Still not happening though.  :)
If you do decide to go ahead, four packs of Heinz beans are cheaper than buying them individually  :y
« Last Edit: 23 May 2023, 18:20:37 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25197 on: 23 May 2023, 20:05:27 »

If you do decide to go ahead, four packs of Heinz beans are cheaper than buying them individually  :y

Heinz beans are crap mush.

Lidl much better for about 30% of the price. :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25198 on: 23 May 2023, 20:09:44 »

Heinz beans are crap mush.

Lidl much better for about 30% of the price. :y
The cans are of poor quality for Audi S3 exhausts, though.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25199 on: 23 May 2023, 20:10:56 »

Oh....and Lidl, and Aldi beans are absolute shite.  :)
Diesel till I die

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.