Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3143332 times)

btc and 41 Guests are viewing this topic.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #25170 on: 22 May 2023, 16:29:45 »

Crown Vic or F150 ;D

Turns out its not an explorer, its a 2003 Expedition with a 5.4 litre 260 hp V8 returning at best 14 mpg (and less around town).

Plus its a shed, inside and out, makes TBs cars look like something from the royal fleet

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25171 on: 22 May 2023, 17:20:22 »

Leather all cleaned & treated in the Range Rover, 16 years old this year & still looking like new, my farmer mate has a 2018 Range Rover but the leather has not aged well.

Leather ages as well as it is treated, maybe his is an ex management car  ;D ;D

I was under the impression that all leather used for upholstery since 2000 has had a plastic urethane coating treatment on it, so feeding and treating it is a waste of time, may as well just wipe it over with a damp cloth and some G101.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25172 on: 22 May 2023, 17:34:29 »

I'll stick with my method 😂😂😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25173 on: 22 May 2023, 18:00:05 »

I'll stick with my method 😂😂😂
I used to use the Gliptone leather cleaner and treatment but haven't bought anything to replace it since running out. Was doing some research into the subject a while back and decisions were split given the coating applied to the leather.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25174 on: 22 May 2023, 18:33:11 »

If it's worth doing it's worth doing properly 👍
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #25175 on: 22 May 2023, 18:44:25 »

Bought a full length of 3mm x 25mm angle to finish making a trolley for my new TIG welder, that was fun carrying it over the road from the Agri merchants to my unit as it kept whipping at both ends .

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25176 on: 22 May 2023, 19:35:08 »

…………
I said I'd turn up to an XJ meet in a couple of weeks.  I bet they are all busy polishing theirs.  Mine won't even see a sponge before I go ;D

Fair play for being like that, you turn up because you want to and the vehicles cleanliness doesn’t play a part. I’m the opposite, my car is rarely dirty for more than a couple of days, and even then it’s not really that dirty, just dusty. I know my neighbours say “he’s out there again cleaning his car”.  ::)  So yes, I’m a poser who turns up with a shiny car at a car meet/car service/mot etc and I even cleaned it before new tyres were fitted the other day, in the belief that they would be more careful with it because it was shiny.  ;D  Oh dear, I really should get a life and get out more.  ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25177 on: 22 May 2023, 19:38:01 »

…………
I said I'd turn up to an XJ meet in a couple of weeks.  I bet they are all busy polishing theirs.  Mine won't even see a sponge before I go ;D

Fair play for being like that, you turn up because you want to and the vehicles cleanliness doesn’t play a part. I’m the opposite, my car is rarely dirty for more than a couple of days, and even then it’s not really that dirty, just dusty. I know my neighbours say “he’s out there again cleaning his car”.  ::)  So yes, I’m a poser who turns up with a shiny car at a car meet/car service/mot etc and I even cleaned it before new tyres were fitted the other day, in the belief that they would be more careful with it because it was shiny.  ;D  Oh dear, I really should get a life and get out more.  ::)
Mine goes through the up and over if I can't read the number plates. The inside gets a quick dust when it's windy and I leave a couple of doors open.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25178 on: 22 May 2023, 19:45:23 »

Ordered 2 new wiper blades for the desirable and highly sought after Signum. 24" and 19"......£7.26 including P&P.

Her MOT is due in the next couple of months. :)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25179 on: 22 May 2023, 19:57:26 »

…………

Mine goes through the up and over if I can't read the number plates. The inside gets a quick dust when it's windy and I leave a couple of doors open.

Ooh, up and over car washes scare me. I don’t mind real people washing my car but three spinning brushes closing in on me I find quite traumatic.  ;D  Do they still finish off with the blower on a wheel that climbs over your car.  :-\
I’m impressed by your de-dusting method though.  ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25180 on: 22 May 2023, 20:09:55 »

…………

...and clean ya car.  ;)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25181 on: 22 May 2023, 20:24:02 »

…………

...and clean ya car.  ;)

;D :y

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #25182 on: 22 May 2023, 20:59:56 »

…………

And I thought I was 'one on my own' with my OCD...!!! Good to hear that there is someone else on my wavelength YZ250!!
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25183 on: 22 May 2023, 21:39:22 »

Crown Vic or F150 ;D

Turns out its not an explorer, its a 2003 Expedition with a 5.4 litre 260 hp V8 returning at best 14 mpg (and less around town).

Plus its a shed, inside and out, makes TBs cars look like something from the royal fleet

Does it sit on leaf springs?  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25184 on: 22 May 2023, 22:18:40 »

The Alabama Mumsybus could use a wash, but I really cba :-[
Onanists always think outside the box.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.